Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Snow disables all sensors and the safety features

mapplesyrupmapplesyrup Member Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in Nissan
I bought my 2014 AWD Rogue 3 months ago. Yesterday, while I was driving on the highway it started snowing, 20 miles later the AWD error message appeared and disabled the AWD function. Right after that the ABS malfunction light came on. At the same time Chassis control error appeared. I pulled over to the rest area, turned off the engine, waited for a while and restarted it again, but it didn't help. When I got home, I cleaned the snow off the tires, I was hoping that that would help and the next morning everything would be fine, but that didn't help either. I've just visited the nearest Nissan dealer, and the friendly mechanic told me that when the snow gets stuck between the rear tires and frame that causes to disable all these functions that I've listed. Let's see if they are going to be able to fix them. I am afraid that I am going to have to deal with these issues every time I drive on the snow. Everyday I have to drive 70 miles to go to work.