Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Honda CR-V EX-L has minor issues

daveglickdaveglick Member Posts: 2
edited May 2015 in Honda
I just bought a 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L in Seattle. Used Costco membership buying service to negotiate the price. Spot on.

Pros: Drove the vehicle to the ski slopes last week and it handled like a champ. Nice handling around town. Got 29mpg on highway and <25mpg around town. Comfortable. CVT is solid. Interior classic Honda with no frills but no rattles either:) I would buy this car again.<br>
Cons: As other owners are complaining about there is a hormonic vibration when stopped, in Drive, foot on brake and the RPM drops from 600 to 525. Severity is about a 3 out of 10. Had the dealer do a full inspection and they commented "no defect with car". But acknowledged there is "vibration due to harmonics". It is there. Honda will probably do a software update to raise the idle and fix it.

The HondaLink app suite available thru the Apple App Store is weak and some features are incompatible with the iPhone. Like hands free texting and email reading. I wanted that feature for a new driver. You can not stream what is on your screen to the interface while driving. I was hoping to use Google Maps but can't. Huge disappointment for us. Probably going to buy a third part nav from Costco. There is a $69.00 nav app that is supposed to work but I didn't buy it due to incompatibility. It might work. Honda needs to clean up technical issues with the iPhone.

Check: hondanavi.com & https://hondalink.honda.com for your phone compatibility.

Overall I give this car a 9.0 out of 10. I would buy it again. Solid Honda product with Honda backing. I have owned an Accord before and the corporation stands behind their product.

See Also: Vibration Issue with 2015 Honda CR-V

Comments

• Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Wow...if I had a "new driver" I would want that person to devote 100% of their driving to DRIVING and have them read emails and text after pulling over.

But, I know...I'm a dinosaur!

I'm happy you are pleased with your CRV. We own two and have owned two others.
  • Options
    rforduclarforducla Member Posts: 4
    Thanks. Appreciate the time you took to provide this review. Still don't understand why Honda doesn't immediately provide a fix to the "Shudder" problem, if it as simple as a flash update to increase the revs at idle.
    Dave, if you wouldn't mind, could you tell us a little more about your experience on a few items.
    For medium to fast starts (e.g. accelerating up a freeway on-ramp from a stop), is there a lag in initial response time?
    Is their a transmission droning noise traveling at freeway speeds (70mph+)?
    I assume you didn't get the Nav. Did you get the AWD? What price were you able to get (Sales Price + Destination charge)?
    Thanks again.