Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Front Plate Installation - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Ford
imageFront Plate Installation - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Front license plate installation on the Edmunds long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    I think these are the first photos that Edmunds has used where the orange paint actually corresponds to what it looks like in the metal.
    In all the other previous shots it looked red. Nice photo colour balancing Takahashi (I'm sure it was intentional..)

Anyway, in my neighbourhood the parking vultures cruise around not only giving parking tickets, but also for missing front plates, expired registration tags etc.
  • Options
    grijongrijon Member Posts: 147
    Great post, Mark
  • Options
    rmhpmirmhpmi Member Posts: 37
    So we can apparently call this color Black & Decker Orange
  • Options
    mtakahashimtakahashi Member Posts: 31
    rmhpmi said:

So we can apparently call this color Black & Decker Orange

I was hoping someone would catch that...well played
  • Options
    sockpuppet1969sockpuppet1969 Member Posts: 308
    edited February 2015
    The real problem with front license plates isn't when they are required by law in the state the car is currently registered. It is later, when someone in another state where they aren't required buys the car. My 2005 Mustang GT convertible came from a front plate requiring state. Now I have to choose between holes in my bumper or a front plate when one isn't required by law. I chose the holes but it sure would be nice if the front plate bracket mounting point was hidden and didn't require drilling into the bumper of the vehicle in such a prominent location.
  • Options
    willin58willin58 Member Posts: 38
    sockpuppet1969 - You can buy color-matched bumper plugs online. I don't remember the site, but I'm sure there are a few vendors out there.
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    None of my Acuras require drilling into a bumper to mount the front plate. There are hidden screw holes in the grill area so you can simply screw the plate in without permanently defacing your bumper. That said, I've never mounted my front plates because I think they look ugly. I live in CA and have been driving without a front plate since 1992.
  • Options
    rmhpmirmhpmi Member Posts: 37
    schen72 said:

None of my Acuras require drilling into a bumper to mount the front plate. There are hidden screw holes in the grill area so you can simply screw the plate in without permanently defacing your bumper. That said, I've never mounted my front plates because I think they look ugly. I live in CA and have been driving without a front plate since 1992.

You sir, are a criminal. And my hero...
  • Options
    shelbyman814shelbyman814 Member Posts: 2
    Gotta love schen72's post....still laughing!!
  • Options
    nissanrulenissanrule Member Posts: 5
    It's amazing how states like Florida and Indiana manage to survive just fine without BS front plates.