Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Price Paid - Ford Transit

ajaxgrac14ajaxgrac14 Member Posts: 4
edited March 2015 in Ford
Paid $38600 driveout for medium roof,148", diesel, reg axle, white, passenger side and rear glass, cruise control, heavy alternator, park aid, manual regenerator w/ inhibition. bought off the lot in Texas.

How much did make off me?

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited March 2015
    You can appraise it here. With 32 variations and lots of option packs even on the medium roof diesel ones, I'm not sure I can tell what the True Market Value is.

I tested a Transit Connect last year - interesting rigs. These new ones like yours would be too big even for me and I like "big" minivans - what are you going to use yours for?

• Options
    This will be DIY travel/campercan. Test drive one and you may be surprised how easy it drives. The Hylander is the largest vehicle i've driven in many years and Transit in this length is easier to drive than the Sprinter and Dodge/Fiat in comparable size
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Very cool. We're trying to downsize to a hatch and have always tent camped (including a year on the road in North America), but having a big empty for bikes and gear is nice.

The cheapest US Mercedes is arriving in October - it's the Metris and will be bigger than the Transit Connect but smaller than your new rig. And you'll likely enjoy much smaller maintenance and repair bills, lol.

It's nice to see some new choices out there.

Love to see some pics here or over in Readers Rides.
  • Options
    Cheers for the metris, esp/ if there's an available small diesel option. What tent are you using? Where would you suggest i buy from if i wanted an extreme weather tent that will attach to a vehicle via side or rear doors?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    We usually get a 3-man "backpacking" style tent. Has to be freestanding, two doors and a full coverage fly and an uncomplicated setup. Our current one is a Kelty, forget the name (photo). Just two main poles so it goes up fast. Got it at REI. Backcountry.com is a good place to look too, but not so much for "vehicle" tents.

A few cars have come with tent options - the Aztek and, iirc, a Land Rover model. I guess the ones that attach to the vehicle are okay, but we've never considered one. For one thing, after we make camp, even if we plan to be in a spot for several days, we often take off to enjoy another hobby (usually that entails blowing the hotel money we saved by camping in the rough on a fancy dinner somewhere). Having an attached tent means you have to disconnect it or take it down every time you want to drive to town or to a trailhead. So something to think about as you shop.

Best bet for you is probably one of those big RV stores, maybe some kind of awning rig would be quick and easy.
  • Options
    ok thx for the tip!!
  • Options
    snowallergysnowallergy Member Posts: 135
    I looked at the Transit Connect today (long WB). Didn't have time to drive it. The interior cargo area is so ready to be made in to a nice little camper. Just wish they'd streamline the looks a bit more. Going back to drive it. Big vans & campers aren't for me & the depreciation & fuel mileage is too much. Would love to do a simple conversion that I can remove when needed.