Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Tunnel Blasting and Decibel Readings - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in Jaguar
imageTunnel Blasting and Decibel Readings - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe definitely has a personality all its own, partially because of its lively exhaust note.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I'm with Jeremy Clarkson on this one. The F-Type R is shouting all the time. Don't need it.
  • Options
    henry4hirehenry4hire Member Posts: 106
    I do like the popping and crackling...it's like a Fiat 500 Abarth times 2!!! Sure it might get annoying after a while, but if that is the case, you aren't the kinda person that would buy this car.
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    I don't know about all that. When it comes to exhaust note, "really loud" is not a prerequisite for "good". The Abarth sounds good without being deafening.

I mean, GWAR is loud...does that mean it's good?
  • Options
    narieknariek Member Posts: 4
    Man, new cars are so quiet inside...my daily is an 01 Civic, and that's 75-80db at 70 depending on road surface..full throttle is definitely louder than 80db.
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    Blasting the throttle in a tunnel to hear the noise? It was kind of funny when Top Gear did it. 10 years ago. This particular car guy meme needs to go. Guess we can't be friends.
  • Options
    shadrach2shadrach2 Member Posts: 9
    Don't kid yourself. That kind of sound level causes hearing damage. It's all cumulative. Ever had your hearing checked? You'll likely be surprised.