Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

5,000 Miles - 2015 Ford Mustang GT

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in Ford
image5,000 Miles - 2015 Ford Mustang GT

The Edmunds 2015 Ford Mustang GT has already hit 5,000 miles

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    How does the clutch and shifter feel when driving like an old lady? I'm asking for a friend.
  • Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Comfort, livability, ride quality, noise levels during an extended drive.
    Say, a few hundred miles.
  • Options
    ProfRobBobProfRobBob Member Posts: 8
    Can the car be a good daily driver as well as a fun sports car? Is the trunk usable and can it accept large/awkward objects? Is the trunk opening large enough to take good advantage of the fact that the rear seat folds down. What is the road noise, comfort, etc. in general and say compared to a corvette? Does excessive heat come through the center tunnel like I have read about corvettes. Is the front bumper so low that you have to be careful entering most driveways, ramps, speed bumps, etc. Just how bad is the rear seat? Any annoying characteristics of the interior or rattles. In general just convince me that by the end of the year I need to buy one of these cars:D Keep up the good work!!!
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    do you wish you had gotten the ecoboost instead?

(i know you are going to answer that question with a surprise: "we bought an ecoboost mustang!")
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863

Can the car be a good daily driver as well as a fun sports car? Is the trunk usable and can it accept large/awkward objects? Is the trunk opening large enough to take good advantage of the fact that the rear seat folds down. What is the road noise, comfort, etc. in general and say compared to a corvette? Does excessive heat come through the center tunnel like I have read about corvettes. Is the front bumper so low that you have to be careful entering most driveways, ramps, speed bumps, etc. Just how bad is the rear seat? Any annoying characteristics of the interior or rattles. In general just convince me that by the end of the year I need to buy one of these cars:D Keep up the good work!!!

Good list, I agree. I've wondered what a Convertible GT would be like on a daily commute in heavy traffic and light traffic. Oh wait, they didn't get the Convertible model...
  • Options
    boffboff Member Posts: 91

I can answer some of that (5.0, 6MT, performance package, 401a package, ~4000 trouble-free miles). The Stang makes a fine daily driver as long as you don't mind the poor gas mileage, firm ride (non-performance package cars ride better), and tiny back seat. My daughter is 5 foot nothing and she hates it back there. Short trips around town are OK but I'd never put someone back there for longer than an hour or two. It goes without saying that it is a fun sports car. Despite it's awesome performance potential, it is still special and engaging at 3/10ths. Handling and grip are shockingly good. The trunk is a good size and the opening with the seats folded down is large. The trunk opening itself is not quite large enough in my opinion. I can fit in my goalie equipment (pads out of the bag), my dreadnought acoustic in a hardshell case, and even a jumbo suitcase, but I can't fit my large cooler through the opening. Noise is general is very well managed in this car. The exhaust is too quiet IMO but road noise, wind noise, and driveline noise ( a particular issue with the last car) are all very well suppressed. I've never had a heat issue. I've never scraped on anything. My car has a few random buzzes and rattles but they are not consistent. I'd recommend this car to anyone...I'd wait until the 2016's because I believe they will have Sync 3 replacing MyFordTouch. I don't mind MFT but Sync 3 will have greater functionality, particularly in terms of smartphone integration.

• Options
    wheelmccoywheelmccoy Member Posts: 97

Can the car be a good daily driver as well as a fun sports car

More specifically, how well does it crawl in 1st and 2nd gear? In very heavy traffic, some manuals are brilliant at it, and some are just jerky.

With winter tires, can I take this Mustang on a ski trip? Does the rear seat split fold to accommodate skis? Or would I need a roof rack? Ok... I know this is a far out question... I don't recall ever seeing Mustangs parked outside ski lodges.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Does the hood still vibrate at speed like the old models? Can you get an ecoboost version for a short term comparison test (say, about 1000 miles)?
  • Options
    ProfRobBobProfRobBob Member Posts: 8
    boff said:

I can answer some of that (5.0, 6MT, performance package, 401a package, ~4000 trouble-free miles). The Stang makes a fine daily driver as long as you don't mind the poor gas mileage, firm ride (non-performance package cars ride better), and tiny back seat. My daughter is 5 foot nothing and she hates it back there. Short trips around town are OK but I'd never put someone back there for longer than an hour or two. It goes without saying that it is a fun sports car. Despite it's awesome performance potential, it is still special and engaging at 3/10ths. Handling and grip are shockingly good. The trunk is a good size and the opening with the seats folded down is large. The trunk opening itself is not quite large enough in my opinion. I can fit in my goalie equipment (pads out of the bag), my dreadnought acoustic in a hardshell case, and even a jumbo suitcase, but I can't fit my large cooler through the opening. Noise is general is very well managed in this car. The exhaust is too quiet IMO but road noise, wind noise, and driveline noise ( a particular issue with the last car) are all very well suppressed. I've never had a heat issue. I've never scraped on anything. My car has a few random buzzes and rattles but they are not consistent. I'd recommend this car to anyone...I'd wait until the 2016's because I believe they will have Sync 3 replacing MyFordTouch. I don't mind MFT but Sync 3 will have greater functionality, particularly in terms of smartphone integration.

Thank you very much for the great feedback/answers. I hope you enjoy your ride for years to come:)
  • Options
    paullamapaullama Member Posts: 1
    Love my 2015 GT premium with the performance pkg. The ride is firm but handling and performance is great. My wife and I have taken it on weekend trips and with the heated / cooled power seats it's very comfortable. It's a fun car to drive. It's a sports car so back seat is for small stuff but not people. Trunk is surprisingly big. I have the performance white with the black wheels and people seem to really like the black and white contrast. I like how the black wheels don't show brake or tire dust. The white paint makes the car look clean and keep it cooler in the heat. I have no complaints on the car. Would I buy one again, in a heart beat. It's my fast, frivolous, fun car. Huge improvement over the past in handling, quality and body stiffness. No squeeks, creaks or rattles no matter how hard you push it. Interior is quiet and has quality. 5.0 with 6 speed manual, independent suspension, brembo brakes and Torsen 3.73 gears is awesome. Handling , shifting and breaking is easy, slick and responsive Worst gas mileage has been 15 , best 24 , averages about 19 or 20 with a combo of spirited and easy driving on country roads and highway. Blind spot technology and backup camera work great. Premium sound system and AC, are good and controls are easy. What would I improve. The occasional notichy shift, not a complaint just a feel to the shift.
    When I shopped I tested vette, camero, challenger and charger all with the largest engines, performance packages and 6 speed standards --if available. It was a hard decision but drivetrain technology, performance, livability and personality for the $$ it was the Mustang GT premium with the performance package that won.

Hope this helps