Options

Vibration at 62 mph

2011crv12011crv1 Member Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in Honda
My 2011 CRV with 24,000 miles has a vibration felt in steering wheel and floor starting at 62 mph and 1900 rpm. Vibration gets worse as vehicle heats up and I don't notice any noise when this happens. Wheels and tires have been ruled out. Dealer says drive train and front axles would be the next thing to look at - with no guarantee of fixing the problem. Has anyone had this happen and what was the solution?

Comments

• Options
    It doesn't always idle smooth, but nothing I'm worried about. Does the vibration issue you refer to affect the 2011 or is it for the new 2015 with CVT transmission?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2015
    The vibe posts in recent months mostly involve the 2015s at idle. Your problem seems like something else going on. Rather like an out of balance drive shaft back in the day when we didn't have FWD cars with CV joints.

Try cross-posting over in Edmunds Answers, sometimes someone pops in there with a different slant on car issues.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Ah, motor mount. Good suggestion. @2011crv1, you may want to shop around for an indy mechanic or a different dealer since it sounds like your current shop isn't too excited about trying to find a solution on the first attempt that they'll stand behind. Well, second attempt, after ruling the wheels and tires out.
  • Options
    Thank you. That wasn't mentioned by dealer as a possibility.