Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Replacement of timing chains and wave plate

krb15krb15 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2015 in Saturn
I was a proud owner of a 2007 Saturn Aura back in 2009 when this car was purchased with 39,000 miles. It had everything that I was looking for and being a automotive career women for thirteen years I knew I wanted a GMPP Major guard at the time of purchase. I had always serviced my car at the dealership and continue to do so. As the ESC expired I began to have big problems which started with the timing chain had become stretched. I had two major repairs not even a year apart...first the timing chains, gears etc. (2007 Saturn Aura XR) uses a timing "chain" and not a belt. A chain that is made of steel. Conditioned and treated Steel should not stretch unless there is a manufactured defect in the chain itself (either in the metal or in the construction). There are literally

NHTSA ID Number: 10052863 repaired. I was stopped one evening on my home from dinner when my car would not shift and had to make arrangements to get car to the dealership for the second costly repair...then six months later I received a special coverage letter in the mail. I had followed the process through the dealership and never so quickly turned down for reimbursement without even a phone call...nothing but the reason due to over the miles at the time of repair. Do we really think this was just recently decided or so many complaints over the years. It went from a TSB to a special coverage in order to get around a recall which is more costly to GM. Prior to 2009, this transmission had issues caused by a very weak 3,5,R wave plate, which made this transmission prone to failure in GM products. Updated wave plates were released for many clutches in 6T70. The old design wave plates weren’t stress relieved and could break with use. The updated wave plates are available. First course of action was a TSB Number: PIP-4327A
Owners of 2007-2009 Saturn Aura and Outlook, and 2008-2009 Saturn Vue equipped with the 6T70/75 6-speed automatic transmission may experience no reverse and slip/flare/harsh shifts in 3rd and/or 5th gear. Codes P0776 Clutch Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid 2 Stuck Off and P0842 Transmission Fluid Pressure (TFP) Switch 1 Circuit Low Voltage may be set.

The 35R clutch wave plate may be broken, allowing the piston to overstroke, causing the piston to leak and resulting in loss of apply on vehicles with greater than 25,000 miles.

During the repair process it is important to install the wave plate in the proper orientation to prevent the possibility for the failure to re-occur. Install the rounded edge of the new wave plate internal splines facing the 35R piston. The most recent a...special coverage notice with mileage restrictions of course how convenient after years of deception

Subject:
14404A – Special Coverage Adjustment – Transmission Clutch Wave Plate
Models:
2007-2009 Buick Enclave
2008-2009 Chevrolet Equinox, Malibu
2009 Chevrolet Traverse
2007-2009 GMC Acadia
2007-2009 Pontiac G6
2008-2009 Pontiac Torrent
2007-2009 Saturn AURA, OUTLOOK
I am requesting a recall on both with both having defective parts...knowingly and waiting until consumers/customers were over the mileage to get out of any type of reimbursement that is due to them. I have never been so disappointed with GM customer service and repeating the same answer back to me every time knowingly that both of my car repairs were due to defective parts....I followed the steps and nothing...as if this is all made up. I have spoke with Lawanda at GM customer service many times and like I have told her I 'm not going away anytime soon.