Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Certified 2015 RDX AWD base model price check

npthaiduongnpthaiduong Member Posts: 2
edited August 2015 in Acura
Hello everyone, 

I am new to this forum and in the market for a new AWD car (for the winter in Minnesota). I found a certified RDX AWD base model for $32,400 after talking to the sale person on the phone. The car only has 6,000 miles on the odo. The total price is about $34,600 after taxes and fees. Is this a good price? Or should I continue my search? 

Thank you everyone for your input. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    npthaiduongnpthaiduong Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Steve, since I am fairly new to this segment and Acura brand, can you share with me your experience or advice on buying? I would greatly appreciate that
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2015
    My bias is toward new vs late model used, but I drive them forever and the few extra thousand I'd pay for brand new gets mitigated over a decade. Mostly I think CPO cars and demos are overpriced. And even though you are looking at a certified car, it's still used and some dealers gloss over those vaunted 160 point inspections. A pre-purchase inspection is usually recommended for any used car, but in this case if the dealer misses things, the warranty should still cover the fix.

Since the '16s are (supposedly) here, there should be good pricing on the new 2015s. If you aren't in a big rush to buy, you could check the inventory levels of your local dealers (either here or at the dealer websites) and see how many are left on the lots. Most dealers will be getting incentives to move old stock but I don't know much about RDX sales. Your selection may already be getting limited. If it won't kill you to miss out on this CPO, you could wait ten days and try for some more bucks off. It might sell before then though.

Typically the end of the month is the best time to buy a new car, and this seems to be especially true of Honda/Acura in many areas of the country.

My impression is that deals aren't as good overall in MN as they are next door in Wisconsin, but that's a broad generalization from shopping Hondas when I recently lived in the UP of WI. And I didn't really shop MN very much, mostly online browsing.

From looking at our "average" TMV numbers, you seem to have a pretty good price on the table right now, so that's a plus. And it doesn't sound like the dealer is adding a lot of garbage fees going by your OTD quote.