Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

At Least the Touchscreen Looks Cool - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2016 in Honda
At Least the Touchscreen Looks Cool - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

The 2016 Honda Civic's touchscreen interface will rightly receive many complaints during our year-long test, but at least it's aesthetically pleasing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I don't recall reading anything specific on the Civic other than the weird steering wheel volume control thing. On the Pilot, yes. What are the main complaints? Non-responsiveness? Does it lock up and/or reboot?
  • Options
    g35bufg35buf Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2016
    I still need to drive this new Civic. Looked at a Touring at the Car Show a couple weeks ago and the design, materials and value seem outstanding. If it is as good as most reviewers have said, I may entertain the hatchback when available (not need for a sedan in this type of vehicle really). I can put up with some touchscreen issues - and I'm used to using one of the best - the Uconnect 8.4N - in my RAM 1500...
  • Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I AM reading a whole number of complaints about the Android auto system. I wonder how updates will work. Is Android Auto getting full attention from Google? Does Honda have to release firmware updates?

As much as I would LOVE to get a 2016, I think 2017 or 2018 might be the year for me. Can't wait to get Google Maps in my daily commuter though. Have my phone mounted on my Miata currently :)
  • Options
    craigo7craigo7 Member Posts: 51
    That is an *atrocious* interface. It's bad for a static environment like wall mount (busy, cluttered), but for a moving car you have to pilot? Who approved this design?
  • Options
    moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Needs two knobs at a minimum.
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    I do not understand the trend to make touchscreens appear to be separate from the rest of the car. Many are doing it from Mazda to Mercedes. This is less egregious than those examples but it's coming from the same place and I don't get it at all. Nobody ever wanted their stereo to stand out from the rest of the dash. Nobody ever wanted their HVAC controls to stand out from the rest of the dash. Why shouldn't the touchscreen be integrated as well?