Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Massively Improved Front Seat Adjustment - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2016 in Honda
imageMassively Improved Front Seat Adjustment - 2016 Honda Civic Long-Term Road Test

The 2016 Honda Civic Touring's eight-way power front seat offers tremendous, tall-friendly adjustment for a compact sedan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    edited March 2016
    My problem with most seats nowadays is the head restraints. This whole "push forward" thing doesn't work for me. I get it that they're designed to reduce the chances of whiplash, but if the headrest is pushing my head downwards, I'm more likely to hit something because all I can see is the bottom of the steering wheel rim. On my F-150, I just pulled the head rest out, turned it around, and put it back in. Other cars, when I can't do that, I just take them out and risk the whiplash.
  • Options
    longtimelurkerlongtimelurker Member Posts: 455
    edited March 2016
    FAR better than anything else in the segment...like a loaded-up Golf, for example - ? Come on...there are no seats in anything in this segment, that has a top limit pricewise that is still thousands below the average transaction price for a new car in America, that are FAR better than those in any other car in that class. This stuff is matter-of-degrees - not far and away better.
  • Options
    wheelmccoywheelmccoy Member Posts: 97

My problem with most seats nowadays is the head restraints. This whole "push forward" thing doesn't work for me. I get it that they're designed to reduce the chances of whiplash, but if the headrest is pushing my head downwards, I'm more likely to hit something because all I can see is the bottom of the steering wheel rim. On my F-150, I just pulled the head rest out, turned it around, and put it back in. Other cars, when I can't do that, I just take them out and risk the whiplash.

If the headrest pushes your head too far downwards, try reclining the seat back a bit, until your head is level. It's really not a good idea to remove the headrest entirely. On this Civic, the headrest doesn't look too extreme.
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501

If the headrest pushes your head too far downwards, try reclining the seat back a bit, until your head is level. It's really not a good idea to remove the headrest entirely. On this Civic, the headrest doesn't look too extreme.

Yeah, I'm not one of those guys that drives around with the seats reclined back. I sit upright. I've tried reclining it back a little, but it's never comfortable for me for more than about ten minutes. No one likes getting behind the wheel after I've driven, because they claim the seat is so upright, it's like a 90 degree angle.

• Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    From the picture it looks like the Civic's front seats have good side bolstering. That was an issue in the previous gen; the seats backs were too flat and didn't offer enough side support.