Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Still Pulls - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2016 in Jeep
Still Pulls - 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Long-Term Road Test

Our trip to the wheel and tire shop wasn't enough to solve the pulling issue in our 2015 Jeep Renegade.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    I'll re-quote my previous advice on this subject:

"With the weight off the tires, and with each of them properly inflated, check their circumference with a tape measure pulled tight around the center of the tire.
    You'll probably find that the left tires are bigger - sometimes up to 3/8" - which translates into about 1/8" in diameter. This means the car will tend to pull right. I've seen this many times, even on brand new tires, and some vehicles are particularly sensitive to it.
    In the US, you want the 'larger' tires to be on the right side, which helps correct for road crown."

Try it on your fancy lift.
  • Options
    daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    Wasn't this Renegade in an accident right after y'all picked it up? If I remember right, it didn't appear to be all that major. Impact force, even minor ones, have the force of impact transferred throughout the body of the vehicle. I think it's time that someone gets it looked at in more detail, particularly the Alignment and I'd say to check if the Uni-body is still "true." I know a body-on-frame vehicle it's pretty straight forward. No idea on how to check a Uni-body for an equivalent issue with being torqued.
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    well, it is a jeep, so... there will always be something not working right.

it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    edited May 2016
    Time to get a few other staffers in the Jeep, gather impressions, and start the troubleshooting anew.

Well that part is right, when you get beat by something you do need to close your eyes, forget everything you know about it and start over again from the beginning.

Let us know when you try swapping the front tires side to side.