Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

GMC Sonoma fuel pump?

sonoma01sonoma01 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2016 in GMC
I have a 2001 GMC Sonoma 4 cylinder 5 speed 2.2 liter and it runs good going down the highway and everything and then all the sudden just wants to shut off but before it shuts off it lags when im giving it gas and just dies like its running out of gas or something and Ive done change  fuel filter  change spark plugs plug wires and ran fuel treatment through it and I don't know  if the fuel pump is overheating or what causing it to just die. It does it at random times. When I changed the fuel filter it was hard to blow through. so its hard tellin how long it had been since the filter was changed. So I been thinkin the fuel pump is weak from over working itself. It ran great for a couple days after I changed the fuel filter. Then started acting up again. The only code popping up is a catalyst code which is the exhaust.  It use to say running lean but dont now. PLZ HELP