Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi cdnj1. The lease program that you were quoted for this vehicle looks about right to me. Furthermore, you are bring given nearly a $2,000 discount on it. This looks like a reasonable price to me, but make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles recently: "Subaru Forester: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". I personally don't see anything wrong with this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • eire2xeire2x Posts: 1
    Hey CarMan- I am looking to lease a 2007 Subaru Forester in upstate New York. A salesman gave me the following numbers on a Forester 2.5X. MSRP: 22,419, but he told me he was bringing it down to $21,566. There is a $1500 rebate, which brings it down to just over $20,000. Residual value he told me was 49%. He gave me 2 quotes. For 15,000 miles/year, 39 months, with $1,548.62 (first payment and taxes) plus plates up front, the monthly lease payment is $330.37. If I roll the taxes into the monthly payments and only pay $432.91 up front, the monthly payment is $365.41.
    Any thoughts on this? Are there any other numbers you need before you can tell me if this is a good deal?
    Thanks for your help.
    Tim
  • Hey Tim. So you are being given a dealer discount of around $850 on the Forester that you want to lease on top of the $1,500 lease cash. A base 2007 Subaru Forester 2.5X only has a spread of around $1,180 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. So a discount of $850 isn't bad. It's probably only a couple hundred dollars over invoice. This price looks good to me, but you can always stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Subaru Forester: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Take this price and make sure that this dealer uses Subaru Finance's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business. Subaru Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Subaru Forester 2.5X with 15,000 miles per year are .00260 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jefbakjefbak Posts: 19
    On Jan 2nd I was able lease a Forester X with Premium package for $265 a month including ttl. This was for a 24 month lease, 10K per year and $3000 down. I think the selling price for the lease was about $21500.
    The leasing program was not that good compared to the mazda CX-7, but I wanted the full time awd so I went with it.

I am hoping a hybrid version will be availbe when my lease is up.
  • Congratulations on your new Forester, jefbak. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • au1994au1994 Posts: 732
    I have the following quote on an 07 LL Bean:

25,988 price, includes 1k in lease cash
    12k/ 36 mo. lease
    1st payment down payment is 490/mo 6% taxes included
    1016 down (fees etc) payment is 473 taxes included.

I think this can be improved. Am I right?

Thanks!!

2013 335i Sport Line Alpine White over Coral Red w/Black Trim

2005 330cic ZHP Monaco Blue over Natural Brown w/Black Trim

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi au1994. What is this vehicle's MSRP? This number will show me how much of a discount you are being given and it will enable me to use Subaru's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dleungnycdleungnyc Posts: 41
    Hi just curious. Does anybody know the current lease rate for the forester XT sports auto? For 2 years with 10k miles/year and 3 years with 10k/miles/year?

Thanks in advance.

David
  • 98in_cuse98in_cuse Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man, I am looking at a lease deal with trade-in valued at $2800. The information that I have is:

MSRP $25086
    Inv. $23697
    36 mo./10K yr.
    $330.35/mo., no initial payment except trade-in

I would like the "buy rate lease money factor" and residual value for this deal, but also wanted your opinion. It looks like about $2000 was taken off if I was to actually purchase the car, but I am also "waiting for the hybrid".
    To buy this car outright I was quoted $21636.26 including taxes and fees. Which is the better deal? I'd rather go with the lease but want to know if this is a good deal. It sounds like jefbak got a really good one!

Thanks, Kathy
    Here's the info that you're looking for, David. Subaru Auto Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Subaru Forester XT with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00280 and 54%. When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 lease cash that Subaru is providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello Kathy. I see that you are considering trading in your current vehicle when leasing the new Forester that you are interested in. There's nothing wrong with trading in your current car or truck when leasing a new one, in fact many states give tax breaks to consumers who trade in their vehicles, however it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making capitalized cost reductions on leases because those who make one risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Have the dealer that you are trading your vehicle into cut you a check for it rather than using the proceeds as a down payment for your lease.

As far as this vehicle's lease program goes, if you were to lease a 2007 Subaru Forester X Premium through Subaru Auto Finance right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00280 and 55$, respectively. Make sure to use the lease cash that is available on the Forester to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Is the $21,636 that you mentioned the selling price that was used to calculate this lease payment? If so, this is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dleungnycdleungnyc Posts: 41
    Thank you Car_man for providing me with the information.
  • 98in_cuse98in_cuse Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man and thanks for the information on the trade-in. I guess you are saying it's better to simply make a cash down payment? On the lease cash, this dealer is saying that the $1000 goes away if you are leasing, so I am wondering about that - I see the incentive listed. The vehicle price is $23,697 which reflects no discounts except dealer invoice price. They are also quoting a money rate of .0029, I'm not sure why.

Any further information would be appreciated.
  • taxestaxes Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man,

Is this a good deal on a new 2007 subaru 2.5i limited?
    28,617 MSRP
    -1,500 dealer discount
    40 doc fee
    with subaru discount,title,taxes,and transfer of plate the
    total is

I would like to buy an extended warranty. Should I buy it with the car or shop around? I plan on keeping it for at least 5 years and 100,000 miles.
  • vkeanevkeane Posts: 5
    Hey Car_man,

After hunting for months now, we've narrowed our search to a Forester LL Bean. Based on the new lease deals from Subaru do you consider now a good time to lease?

Thanks,
    Vin
  • vkeanevkeane Posts: 5
    Hey there

I just put a deposit down to lease an 07 Forester X-Premium. it includes the dimming compass mirror, rear cargo mat, sound system. It's about 2300.00 down(tax/fees) and 335.00 for 42 months. How does this sound to you?

Thanks for your advice!
    VK
    You're very welcome, dleungnyc.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No problem, 98in_cuse. I'm actually saying that it is better not to make any down payment aka capitalized cost reduction when leasing. I believe that Subaru's cash incentives are compatible with leases through Subaru Finance. With the payment of a security deposit at lease signing, through July 2nd its buy rate for a 36 month lease of an '07 Forester X Premium is .00280.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi taxes. The vehicle that you described has a spread of around $1,700 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus there is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it. This give you a total of around $2,700 to play with. While the $1,500 discount that you were quoted isn't terrible, there is a very good chance that you would be able to beat it if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition and you comparison shop a little bit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Vin. Subaru's June lease program on the Forester isn't bad. If I was interested in this vehicle, I wouldn't hesitate to lease one now. It is difficult to say whether its July lease program will be more attractive than its June program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.