Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Comments

• szn1szn1 Posts: 12
    Car_Man, do you have the MF & Residual #'s for June, or are they extending the May #'s? I am trying to ink a deal in the next few days!!!

Thanx for all of your help!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi szn1. Yes, I have the June numbers. Just tell me what exact Legacy you're interested in, how long you want to lease it for, and what mileage allowance you need and I'll get you the info that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ausdtechausdtech Posts: 37
    Hi Car_man,

Could i get the numbers for a

Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition manual transmission

2/24 and 3/36

Thanks!
  • mikemartinmikemartin Posts: 205
    I'm getting PMs and emails from people asking about the dealers leasing the Legacy 2.5i automatic for $199/month with $0 down.

Anyone know which dealers are offering this?

As the 2010 will be here soon, and there are a lot of '09s left to clear, I'd assume these deals can be pushed better.

Thoughts? Info?
  • stktraderstktrader Posts: 4
    I have been asked about this deal as well by other people. I think the deal is over. I bought my SE at Frank's irvine subaru almost a year ago, and the ad was on their website, but now it is gone. I haven't called a dealer, so I can't confirm for sure. I hope they offer a similar deal when my lease is up next july on the 2010, the legacy is a great car, better than the accord, and altima put together..
    If it's based on MSRP, it should still be viable, as Fitz and some others have the special edition 2.5i for $18,790 including destination, and that's an automatic.

I know residual factors into play here, but I can't see how the residual on an auto special edition (with Harmon Kardon stereo) 2.5i will be any less than the ones before.
    Okay, so far I've gotten offer of true $0 down, sign and drive - in fact, dealer makes first payment for you - for $199/month for 36 months w/$300 disposition fee for new 09 Legacy 2.5i MANUAL, and $219/month for the automatic.

Both are special edition. They wanted $229 for the automatic, and then knocked $10 off per month.

10,000 miles per year - working on getting them to 12,000 per year as they want 10 cents a mile above 10,000 pre-paid.

10,000 miles isn't many.

There were a LOT of Legacies on their lot.
    Test drove a Legacy.

Fit and finish was decent. Suspension was okay.

Acceleration was abysmal.

Front and back sear were compact size - seriously, and the trunk was very small.

The Accord, Camry, Mazda6, Malibu and even Fusion dwarf the Legacy.

The Legacy is literally the size of a Corolla. No wonder they're upsizing it in 2010.

Test driving a car is essential.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    The 05-09 Legacy was the same size as the outgoing Acura TSX and the old Mazda6, i.e. a bit smaller and sportier. Wheelbase and overall length were all close for those 3.

The small size didn't stand out until the last model year, simply because those competitors were updated a year ahead of the Legacy.

The Corolla uses a compact torsion beam suspension design shared with the Sienna minivan, clearly they put a priority on space and packaging over handling (like you said, go test drive one, you'll agree).

The Impreza got a much longer wheelbase so it basically occupied that slot, so it made sense to up-size the Legacy.

Drive a 2010 - a couple of early impressions I've heard were both very favorable.
  • cmv131cmv131 Posts: 1
    Just leased an '09 Legacy 2.5i SE in Diamond Gray in PA...Would have rather waited for more 2010 incentives, but wife didnt like them as much (too manly looking she said..lol)

36 mo, 12,000 -- $270 / mo with $0 out of pocket (all taxes and other fees rolled into that price...35 payments as 1st is payed by subaru).

How'd we do?
  • mjg251mjg251 Posts: 1
    I think you did good. I just leased the 2.5i SE auto in PA also for 270/mo, however I am only getting 10,000 mi, 36 months. They wouldn't budge on this, and I didn't want to increase my payment...Like the car a lot so far; it handles great. The 2010 is a lot roomier, and I really like the looks of it.
  • jmcginlayjmcginlay Posts: 5
    I'm looking to lease the 2.5 GT Ltd not the SE. Lists for $28,895 on the Subaru site.

Looking for 12K yr miles, 36 or 39 months with $2K out of pocket at signing. What can I expect to be paying excluding taxes. Please also let me know what other fees are included in your price and what the residual price is on this vehicle. Interest rate or finance factor if you have it also.

Many thanks Car_man :)
    Here you go, ausdtech. Subaru is not currently providing support on 2 year leases, so you definitely do not want to go with a 24 month term. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a Legacy 2.5i Special Edition with a manual transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jmcginlay. Let's work up a sample lease payment on this car for you and see what we come up with. You've provided us with its MSRP, but we also need a selling price in order to calculate its payment...so I'll have to make some assumptions. A base 2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT without any options has an MSRP of $29,590 including destination. If we subtract the available $2,500 cash incentive and a $1,250 dealer discount from that we arrive at an approximate selling price of $25,840. Using these numbers, I estimate that this car would have a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $405. The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be $395.

Again, this is for a base model with no options. It is unlikely that you will find a stripped Legacy like that. The addition of options, as well as sales tax, will increase the above payment.

Car_man
    Host
    I can tell you, as a fact, you should be paying either $199 for a manual, or $229 for an automatic, Legacy SE 2.5i, and that's with 10,000 miles a year, $0 down at signing (as in nothing), and with Subaru making your first payment. Just add tax to those lease figures.

Additional mileage should be 10 cents a mile if you prepay, or 15 cents a mile if you don't.

If you paid more than these amounts, the dealer got you for some extra coin.
  • bmurnerbmurner Posts: 2
    any lease numbers on 2010 legacy - 2.5i and premium - automotic - 36/15K -
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    Just took delivery today. 2 left on the lot.

$0 due at signing. Tag, taxes, dealer fees and first payment were paid by the dealer. I did transfer my tag.
    $244 + tax per month.
    36 months
    12k miles a year

Window tinting was included as part of the deal.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876
    Nice deal!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Congrats, nice deal indeed. The SE is well equipped, and nothing down, low payment? Hard to beat.
  • zamozamo Posts: 120
    The SE is well equipped indeed. The car is excellent and a LOT of value for the money. First time I take delivery with a true sign & drive. I took out my wallet just for my DL and insurance card.

Having a Legacy in South Florida is rare; even my neighbors didn't know at first what car was it and they liked it. It's a bummer that frameless doors are gone for MY 2010 Legacys.
    You and Stephen now own BOTH of the Subarus in Florida. :D
  • stevernstevern Posts: 40
    Hi,

Can anyone post the August numbers for the 09 Legacy SE automatic using either 10 or 12k miles/year & 36 or 39 months (which ever are more attractive?)

I know that there aren't many left (I'm in NY) at this point.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Bmurner, Chase's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with an automatic transmission and 15,000 miles per year are .00210 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Steve. You're right, most dealers don't have any 2009 Legacies or Foresters left at this point. Here's the information that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Legacy SE with an automatic transmission and 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00180 and 49%.

If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man:

Do you have September numbers for the 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium, 36 month lease, 15K or 12K per year? Any ideas when they will begin to subsidize the 2010's based on previous experience. Dealers here have only very few 09's left...
  • Hello,

My power steering went out on my 08 Legacy. It has 38,000 miles on it so I'm told I just missed the warranty. It didn't appear as though this is a known problem to the vehicle. Have any of you heard otherwise? What are my chances of getting this covered under the warranty--that I am of course, 2000 miles over? The damage is just over a grand, at a subaru dealer.

Thank you.

Shawn
  • ahqahq Posts: 37
    I wonder if that would be covered under the powertrain warranty or the bumper-to-bumper warranty... if so, the former is a five-year, 60K mile warranty, so maybe you might be in luck after all. Good luck!
    Call 800-SUBARU3 and be nice.

A better dealer would do that for you, to be honest. That's soooo close.
  • Hi,

Can anyone share current MF and residuals for a 2.5GT Limited lease for 36 (or 39) months @ 10k and 12k per year?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
  • I wonder if anyone has the residual % and money factor for a 3yr.lease with both 10 &12 thousand miles for september. Thanks for any help.
This discussion has been closed.