Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Legacy Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan,

I am interested in the 2009 Subaru Legacy Limited 2.5i lease rates for October. I would like the 24 and 36 month rates and residuals for 10,000 miles per year. Thanks.
  • Actually he was only being quoted 24 month lease so the mileage should've only been $600 extra. 6,000 miles times .10. They just aren't giving you a good deal either way. I'd find a different dealer and see what they will quote you.
  • Thanks, I did find a different dealer.

For the same amount of miles and a car with an MSRP of around $24, 600 (has some extra features), they offered me a rate of $324 a month. Better deal, just not what I was hoping for.

Adding to the rate is my "Tier B" credit level (a little too much fun with the credit cards in college).

Carman - Any idea what next months residuals may look like? I can hold off a little for a new (or new to me) car, but the car I've had for the past 9 years is on it's last legs. Any tips for haggling/negotiating are welcome too.
  • Car Man,

Can you please post the 24 & 36 month lease numbers for an '09 Legacy Limited with 10,000 and 12,000 miles? Also, please advise the Subaru acquisition fee. I had a dealer quote me $795 not $595. Thanks.
  • 1985mb1985mb Posts: 40
    Hi - what are the 24mo residuals and MF for 2008 and 09 2.5i LIMITED models?

And how much of a discounted selling price/cap cost can realistically be expected for remaining 08s? Either relative to msrp or relative to invoice...
  • Hi Indy. Here's the info that you're looking for. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Legacy Limited 2.5i with 10,000 miles per year are .00280 and 72%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00185 and 60%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $500 cash incentive that Subaru is providing on leases of it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi indianajohns. Please see my previous post for the lease program data that you are interested in. In answer to your second question about Subaru's acquisition fee, the last time that I checked...and it was not that long ago...they charged $595.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings 1985mb. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Legacy Limited 2.5i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00120 and 62%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2009 model are .00280 and 70%.

I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the Legacy right now, but for the most part dealers are hurting for business everywhere. If I was interested in getting an '08 Legacy, I personally would offer a couple hundred dollars over invoice and then have the dealer subtract the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of this model from that.

For additional pricing feedback on this model, hop on over to the "Subaru Legacy Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi CarMan!!

Can you tell me the money factor and residual for the following scenarios on a 2009 SE with a 36 year term:

12,000 mi/year
    15,000 mi/year

Also, do you know if there are any cash back promotions I should know about? Is this legacy model the one with the best MSRP/residual ration or is there more bang for the buck without the SE?

Thanks in advance!
  • I leased an 09 SE in September and the residual with 15000 mi. was 74% (I believe it was 75% with 12000). In October the residual on an SE appears to be 70%. It was close to 80% in August (an amazing figure).

As to your question, my salesman told me that the SE had the best residual and was several percentage points better than a Limited. So you will definitely do the best payment wise with an 09 SE.
  • Car_man:

I am looking to lease a 2009 Legacy SE and want to run the deal by you. The MSRP is $23710. Price paid would be $20675. 24 month Term, 20,000 miles per year allowance. $999 down plus first month payment. Money factor is .00280 and residual percentage is .74. The monthly payment is 269.00. Tax, title, reg, acq fee, and additional miles (5000) are all included in the 269.00.

Is this a good deal? Are there any other points I should try to negotiate? I drive about 19000 a year so I thought it made sense to buy the extra 5000 up front.

Thanks for your advice
    -Eric
  • sm5199sm5199 Posts: 4
    Hello,

I'm in Western NY. I have contacted two dealers about leasing an 09 SE. They both agree there is no $500 rebate on this car. Where do I find info about this?
    Here is the deal from one dealer:
    10K miles
    24 months
    price $22,155
    includes arm rest ext.,splash guards,floor mats.
    $1200 for my trade, $1500 cash (taxes,fees)
    $199 lease payment.
    I was thinking more like $21,000 for this price.....is that reasonable or is this a decent deal?

• Here you go, mnappi0606. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Legacy SE Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 61%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $500 cash incentive that Subaru is providing on it into account.

The money factor is better for non-Special Edition models, but its residual values are lower...which cancels out most if not all of the difference.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Eric . The selling price that you were quoted for the Legacy that you are interested in looks good to me, but you probably would be better off going with a 36 month lease. I know that it is a year longer, but the money factor for 36 months is better and you can spread out your car's initial depreciation hit out over an additional twelve payments. I suspect that the payment for a 36 month lease is much lower than the 24 month payment would be.

You definitely are better off purchasing the additional miles in advance. It is cheaper to do so than to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • I stumbled onto a website that had quite a bit of interesting information if anyone cares to check it out: www.cars101.com :surprise:
  • Hi Car_man,

I'm looking at a 24 or 36 month lease on a Legacy SE, with 12k or 15k miles. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
  • edit: Not sure if you need it, but I'm shopping from the state of Minnesota.
  • Hi ranger_bob. Subaru's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Legacy SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 71%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are
    .00195 and 59%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year this car's residual values are 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that Subaru is currently providing on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Can someone please provide the November 36 month 12k mile and 15k mile residual and money factor for a 2009 Legacy 2.5GT Limited w/Nav ? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Peter
  • We just did this deal:
    2009 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Special Edition
    Automatic Transmission
    Spoiler
    Satellite Radio
    Splash Guards
    All-Weather Floor Mats
    Quartz Silver Metallic
    Charcoal Gray Interior
    MSRP: 23,9xx

Lease Deal
    $1000 total due at signing
    $199/month + tax
    24 months
    10,000 miles a year

Deal was negotiated in under 15 minutes. Probably due to the fact that its a national program from Subaru.

This was outside Philadelphia, PA

So far we love the car...could be a new subaru family maybe?
This discussion has been closed.