Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Changes You'd Like To See in the Toyota Camry Hybrid

1235»

Comments

• Options
    texastownhalltexastownhall Member Posts: 22
    Okay. I understand about Hybrid being more like XLE than LE. So from that perspective you guys made a good buy.

But for me, I am looking for reliable mid-size family sedan at a reasonalbe price and low cost to own. That is why I am looking for good gas mileage.

It doesn't make sense to me to paying thousands of dollars more upfront for options that I don't necessariry need to save 5-10 mpg.

You can buy 09 Camry LE for around $17K.

Air (summer), power windows (toll booth), and power locks (standard nowadays) are options I want. Everything else, to some yes, but to me, it's not worth it.
  • Options
    kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    OK then here's a better solution.

Get a Certified Preowned Camry Hybrid for $20000 ( instead of $26000 ) and get all the features of an XLE and get far better fuel economy and get a better warranty.

DING!!
  • Options
    acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    If you are looking for a good Mid size sedan, check out the Ford Fusion. Compared to the Camry, hands down a better car(sorry Toyota). From the reviews so far on the 2010 Fusion, looks like every one who has one loves it. I sat in a 2010 Fusion Sport edition, and OMG what a huge difference between the ford and Toyota, made my Camry feel cheap.
  • Options
    kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    Yep this is the normal 'advancement' of the model lineup. The new Fusion now is the hottest vehicle in the segment for a lot of reasons. Soon the others will also have updated models out in the next year or two and they will leapfrong the Fusion. Then in 5 yrs the Fusion will leap over the others again.
    Rinse, Wash, Repeat.
  • Options
    ctlctl Member Posts: 129
    Anyone knows if and when the new 2.5 engine will make it to the camry hybrid?
  • Options
    brunnegdbrunnegd Member Posts: 5
    I have had my 09 TCH for two weeks, so I am still learning, but here are a few comments.
    1. Ability to disable the auto door locks. This was almost a deal breaker. But I am already tired of having to push the unlock button everytime I shift out of P.
    2. Control of the fuel consumption readout. It only reads miles per tank, which is not what I am interested in. Ability to reset when desired would be more useful.
    3. Finer control on the intermittent wiper settings. one per 3 seconds is too fast. A min of one per 10 sec would be much better, with about 6 total settings.
  • Options
    acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    The doors do unlock when you put it in park. Do you really want your doors unlocked while driving around? That feature was added to prevent carjackings.
  • Options
    brunnegdbrunnegd Member Posts: 5
    Doors locking and unlocking should be under the control of the driver. Same as auto headlights: Turning them on, or off, or allowing the car to do so is again up to the driver.
  • Options
    lepton2lepton2 Member Posts: 9
    1. Add the blizzard pearl color (white mica in it - nicer than flat white)
    2. Window tinting for privacy (and sun protection, and keeping the car cool and protected) would be VERY welcome.
    3. Offer a better standard sound system/screen as standard (especially given that the Accord has an 8" screen as standard now)
    4. The emergency hand brake went away for a parking foot brake (much prefer the hand brake)
    5. The leather seats in my 2002 Camry SE are wider and more comfortable than the new Camry Hybrid's - though possibly for weight/fuel/savings.
    It has a gorgeous dash and very attractive instrument panel with soothing colors. They've done a lot of things right.