Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Azera 2007

Comments

• Options
    allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    I have an '06 w/sunroof and I have never had an issue w/it leaking in a car wash. I did however have an issue where it wouldn't seat properly when closed and it created terrible wind noise @ highway speeds. I took it to the dealer and the adjusted it...problem solved.
  • Options
    jaymagicjaymagic Member Posts: 309
    I agree. 22,500 miles 07 Ltd. No leak.
  • Options
    dfwfrankdfwfrank Member Posts: 25
    Bamaken, glad to answer. No, our sunroof does not leak when going through a car wash. I guess if the high pressure sprayer was pointed directly at the seals and close to it almost anything could leak. Have you tried another car wash, or sprayed it yourself with a hose sprayer? If it did with those I would be right back to the dealer to get it fixed. Certainly it should not leak during a hard rain and we have had few lately with no leakage. Good luck.
  • Options
    hjc1hjc1 Member Posts: 183
    I have a Black 07 Azera. I placed a thin red pin stripe just below the chrome trim that goes around the lower portion of the car. I must say that it looks good because it's not overstated and looks classy. Even my wife likes it :=)
    Don't get cheap pin strips they don't hold up. 3M makes the best kind and can be found at some Walmarts or even at Car Quest stores
  • Options
    gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    The trunk light could use a few more lumens but I haven't read of anyone actually doing something about it, as yet, and the front foot-lights are only just bright enough to see where you left your shoes/sandals/umbrella or whatever...
  • Options
    Gameleged...try switching over to an LED replacement bulb. Once you pop the cover to find out what type of bulb is in there...go to:

Super Bright LED's

I'm sure there's one in there that'll work and you'll get a brighter light.
  • Options
    davemudavemu Member Posts: 9
    thanks for the trunk lite/site...I suppose the same can be true for the front under-dash lights, so will try both. Now if only the keys when in dash didn't 'clink" so loud against the dash when I hit a bump. Hey, noises drive me crazy in cars and that's a pretty good size sound which could be avoided with a bit more of a cushioned dash insert.

Hope an Azera engineer is tuned into this website, would learn a great deal!
  • Options
    bamakenbamaken Member Posts: 14
    My Azera has pinstriping on it. It has 2 lines and also the flying H logo on both sides :)
  • Options
    Hi...took my new Azera for first carwash (brushless of course) and had no leads from moonroof. Agree with others who said you're getting a bit of mullarky from the techn. They should NOT leak...have had them equipped or installed in all my cars the last decade and have had ZERO drips/leaks. Take it to corporate if dealer can't satisfy you!
  • Options
    I am glad to know that there is others that have the same "clinking" noise that I hear hen I hit a bump. The keyfob needs some kind of padding on the side of it to damper the noise. :mad:
  • Options
    Have you had the sun screen pulled open on it when you went thru it? I would of not known it leaked if I had not pulled the sun screen open to watch what it did as the nozzles passed over the roof. :(
  • Options
    No problem, hope you can find something that will help you out. I'm sure the under dash lights can be replaced as well...it's just a matter of finding out what type of bulb is needed and go from there.

I don't have a problem with my keys clinking because the only keys on that particular ring is the car key and the key for the club. I couldn't stand it either when my keys used to clink against the dash or my knee, so that's when I decided to have separate key rings for everything. Since then...no clinking issues. :blush:
  • Options
    scbobscbob Member Posts: 167
    My dealer runs the car through a high pressure car wash every time I take it in. Also, I frequently use a commercial car wash and never had a leak.
    BTW, I have driven Fiat and Mazda convertibles, Saabs, Audis, and Toyotas with sunroofs through all kinds of car washes - never had a leak of any kind. This is actually the way they test the darn things!
  • Options
    scbobscbob Member Posts: 167
    I got some felt with sticky backing at hardware store and placed on edges of mine. Works fairly well, although not very attractive.

BTW, out of curiosity I checked out the Lexus December sales event and had them price my 2007 Limited/Ultimate with 7,000 miles against a $64,000 LS 460. They said $17,000 and Carmax said $18,000. Car is in perfect condition-garaged except when I am actually on the road.
    LS 460 was nice, but most things I like better about the Azera. Also, I could hear the engine running all the time, although overall it was quiter.
    Ride in the 460 was a 10 and I would rate the one in my Azera as an 8.7 with the new struts-still rolls and bounces some. On the other hand, I feel better handling in the Azera. Guess I'll keep the Azera until 2010 or so.
  • Options
    The funny thing about the carwash I run it thru, it belongs to the dealership! they even give customers tokens when they buy a car from them so that you can go thru the carwash. Guess they don't know what they are talking about there. the car sales manager says it is not suppose to leak, but the service manager says it will with that kind of pressure on the seal around the window. Oh well, go figure!
  • Options
    I've taken my Azera through both brushless high-power car washes and the soft cloth car washes, neither have ever made my sunroof leak.

Sounds like, to me, that the sealing gasket around the sunroof may not be sealing correctly. Maybe you can ask the dealer to order a new one and install it and see if that fixes the problem.
  • Options
    Thanks allmet33. I will ask them to check that out and see if the seal is leaking.
  • Options
    Thank you to all those that haved posted replies. It's nice to find info here that is so useful. Hope that all of you have a very Happy Holidays! :)
  • Options
    Good luck, I know something like that must be frustrating to say the least.

Happy holidays to you and yours as well!!!
  • Options
    msazzyindcmsazzyindc Member Posts: 118
    Hey everyone long time since I've been back on here. Anywho, after the strong winds over the weekend, I came out of the house on Monday morning to find a huge tree branch laying on my trunk. :mad: :sick:

What kind of compound can I use to try and buff out these scratches?

My baby hasn't even had her first diaper change and now this, I swur it's like I can' keep her fresh to save her life. :sick: :sick: :cry:
  • Options
    Hey everyone long time since I've been back on here. Anywho, after the strong winds over the weekend, I came out of the house on Monday morning to find a huge tree branch laying on my trunk. :mad: :sick:

What kind of compound can I use to try and buff out these scratches?

My baby hasn't even had her first diaper change and now this, I swur it's like I can' keep her fresh to save her life. :sick: :sick: :cry:
  • Options
    Msazzy...I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune!!! Look at the bright side, she only suffered a few scratches that CAN be taken care of. Imagine coming out and seeing a huge tree had fallen on the roof and caved it all the way in!!! ;)

You can go to AutoZone or any other place that sells car care products (even Wal-Mart) and they sell a polishing compound. However...unless you have experience with it...I would really recommend taking it to a body shop and having them do it. Not sure how deep the scratches are, but if they are very minor...there's a few products you can find that help hide fine scratches pretty well.
  • Options
    Hi...ugh. On a prior car I had this happen, took to my dealer and for $150 they removed the dent (had two), scratches, etc. Even I could not tell!
  • Options
    Hey Allmet - Do you know off hand what the name of the products are that "I" can use?

I'm not looking to pay $150 (school strats back up soon I need my book money)and I'm dayum sure not looking to pay my deductible of $500 to go through my insurance to have the body shop take care of her injuries.
  • Options
    Msazzy...I'm not sure, but it's a polishing compound that comes in a white plastic container (same size as a paste wax container) and it has green or blue writing on it. It's made by Turtle Wax, but it says polishing compound. It's easily found in the car care section where the waxes are.

There is one problem though...if the scratches are deep enough that you see white...those products won't work for you as they do not fill in the scratch. You will need to find a black wax and even that is VERY temporary. What you would want to do is get some scratch repair paint (from the dealer) pour some out in a tiny dish and mix a slight bit of paint thinner with it to thin it out just a bit so it's not so thick. This way...when you apply it, it won't "bubble" up when dry and look like you attempted to fix a scratch. With the thinned out paint, it may take a few applications to get it right. Once it has all dried up, then you can go over it with a wax to help seal it a bit.

It's kinda hard to give you the best advice since I can't see the scratches to tell you what will and won't work.
  • Options
    You can't see the white, so it's all good. Thanks for the advice, I'll go look for the product. ;)
  • Options
    Oh...well, that's a good thing then. The polishing compound should be enough to take care of your needs then. Good luck!!!

Happy holidays to you and yours!!!
  • Options
    Merry Christmas to you as well! :P
  • Options
    tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    Another product you can try is Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay Bar.

Liquid Clay Bar

I tried it on a few vehicles last year and was pleasantly surprised at the results and how easy it was to use. Give it a shot. ;)
  • Options
    chief15chief15 Member Posts: 15
    Did you check with your insurance company to see if it is covered?
  • Options
    floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    Polish very slowly. Don't rub through "clear coat"
  • Options
    I forgot all about the clay bar!!! You're right, it does help with slight imperfections on the surface of the paint.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys, I haven't tried anything yet as its been cold and rainy.
  • Options
    grgoebgrgoeb Member Posts: 8
    I just filled up my 07 Azera and it took 21 gallons. The trip info stated I still had about 30 miles left. When I filled the tank I did not 'top it off'. I just stopped when the hose clicked. The gas attendant said pumps have been calibrated. Is there any way tank holds more than 21 gallons.? The manual says 19.8 gallons. This sounds to me like there was problem with fuel hose .
  • Options
    RE:648
    If the tank holds 19.8 gallons and you put in 21 gallons, you are being hosed by the gas station.
  • Options
    The Azera does indeed hold 22+ gallons, but the automatic cut-off at the gas stations will allow only what the book states. If you slowly nurse it, you can put 22 gallons into a completely empty tank, but at the risk of possibly getting fluid gas in the vapor cannister, requiring its replacement.

Reference post 497: derrelhgreen, "New Hyundai Azera Owners Experiences" #497, 19 Oct 2007 8:40 pm
  • Options
    "The Azera does indeed hold 22+ gallons, but the automatic cut-off at the gas stations will allow only what the book states"

HUMMMM ..... how does the gas pump know what kind of car your driving ???
    I believe that the pump determines how much back pressure and that shuts off
    the pump. I use 2 gas stations most of the time for fill ups. One station allows me to fill completely the other only about 90%
    Sure makes it hard to determine MPG using miles vs. gallons :=)
  • Options
    If I attempt to "top off" my tank, I will get a gasoline odor in my car.
    I quit after the nozzle kicks off to prevent this smell.
  • Options
    By "nursing it" I meant that, when auto shut-off hits at whatever station you use, you wait a bit for the tank to equalize, then feed it a bit more... wait... feed more... and if you really want to, you can do the 22 gallon fill. If you really want to... :shades:
  • Options
    22 gallons you say? So, you mean I could potentially get a couple more gallons if I hide what type of car it is from the pump??? If you're filling up a completely empty tank, either you rolled in there on gas vapors or you got towed to the gas station and running your gas tank that low is actually harmful to your engine.

I had one instance where I drove the car well past the time the fuel range gauge hit "0" on the dash, the fuel level indicator was buried in the "E" and when I filled up...it took just over 19 gallons to fill it up.
  • Options
    aiveraiver Member Posts: 4
    Hello all: my 1st post -- has anyone noticed [ after removal ]the little clear window in the ash tray & the corresponding opening in the cubicle that holds it ? it's too coincidental to not be there for a reason.I'm due for my 1st visit back to the dealer soon,I can't wait to see what they say.
  • Options
    georgetoogeorgetoo Member Posts: 10
    How do you get 22 gallons of gas into a 19.8 gallon tank? Really would like to know.
  • Options
    Well, here's a discussion on another forum. "Full tank may not be a full tank"
    Hope this helps...

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?showtopic=19454&hl=gas+tank

In another location I recall seeing a few months back (which I'll let anyone desparately interested find for himself) there was mention that the question was taken to Hyundai and an engineer replied that the tank does indeed hold 22-and-a-fraction gallons, but that it's not advisable to fill it all the way as that might interfere with the carbon filter.

Anyway, you don't get 22+ gallon of gas into a 19.8 gallon tank, you might get it into a 22 gallon tank, though!...
  • Options
    Unless you are driving in some really desolate area, why must you squeeze every possible ounce of gasoline into your tank? Quit filling after it cuts off. You won't chance getting fuel spilled down your cars fender, into the canister or on your pants.
  • Options
    garym1jgarym1j Member Posts: 46
    Hate it when I get gas on my pants.
  • Options
    dborthdborth Member Posts: 474
    On, in...either way not good.
  • Options
    Got a large bottle of Beano™ in my glovebox, just in case...
  • Options
    It's a night light............. Lights the ash tray at night
    With headlight's on ...check it out tonight
  • Options
    aiveraiver Member Posts: 4
    to ajc1: thanks -- I did & it lights up -- simple now that you have told me,I won't be embarrassed @ the dealership.
  • Options
    RE:660
    Better than sludge in your shoes.