Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Buick Enclave Owners Give Us Your Report

Comments

• Options
    bsc1114bsc1114 Member Posts: 25
    Hi Enclavius-

NO- I did NOT get mine yet. I really need someone's help and advice. The sales manager i jerking me around. He keeps telling me that the car is at the port and because I did him a favor 3 months ago when I ordered the car, he would send someone up to the port and get my car so I wouldn't have to wait another week and a half to get it. I went in on Friday and he printed out my invoice with the VIN number and showed me that the car was at the port. He PROMISED me he would send somebody up on Saturday to get it and I would have it on Monday(yesterday). I went in to the dealership on Saturday to see if he was telling the truth and he told me he called the port and they couldn't find it!!! I know he's lying to me but I can't really do anything about it(yet) because I can't just go to another dealer and order another one( I'm not going to wait another 4 months!). I just hope he didn't give my car to somebody else. It says on the bottom of the invoice that the money is due to GM on the 16th of October, so I guess that might be when I'll get it.(Maybe). Does anybody have any suggestions?? Thanks!!!
  • Options
    enclaviusenclavius Member Posts: 11
    Wow...that sounds strange and unusual, at least here in the upper midwest. I can't imagine they would sell it to someone else. Good luck on this one.
  • Options
    Thanks- I called the salesman yesterday and let him have it for jerking me around and he called me back 20 minutes later and all of a sudden they found my car IN BOSTON!!!! He swore I would have it by the end of the day on Monday. I've heard that one before. I'll keep you posted.
  • Options
    jbeahnjbeahn Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking into an Enclave for my wife and our family (2 kids, soon to expand). We'd been set on an Outlook or Acadia for a while, but I've softened her up to an Enclave (softened up, not wore down).

What I'd like to hear from owners is things to avoid (such as dealer problems or options that weren't worth it) and other smaller things that just irritate you about the car (such as my wife's Accord's gas tank... most pumps click off while filling because it doesn't vent fast enough and the pump thinks the tank is full; it's VERY irritating). Feel free to offer up things on the flip side as well. Thanks
  • Options
    Hi Enclavius-

How's the car?? Hope you're enjoying it. What extras did you get in it?? I should find out about mine tomorrow. I'm ready for more lies from the salesman even though he swore up and down that it will be in tomorrow. I've heard that a few times before. I'll keep you posted.
  • Options
    Driving the Enclave has been great so far. I drove my previous car, an Audi, for 10 plus years, so this has been quite a change. I got the driver confidence package (for the remote start when it's 0 degrees outside), trailering, the sunroof, 19" chrome wheels and the entertainment package #4. The navigation screen is a kick. I still haven't even figured out the XM or using Onstar. But the best part (it's standard) is the AUX port for my iPod. I know most new cars have this, but my Audi's tape deck had died a few years ago and without the tape converter for my iPod, I had not used it in the car. One weird thing...all the seat belts are tan like they should be, except for one gray one. Why or how in the hell can that happen? (it was built when the UAW was cosidering a strike, so maybe they were scewing aroung a bit. I'll be letting the dealer know when I bring it in for the new plates.

Hope you get your Enclave soon...
  • Options
    Hi Enclavius-

Just picked mine up- it's AWESOME!!!!!! Cocoa Metallic- Tan interior- it's a beauty!! The chrome wheels are incredible looking. My salesman said somebody came in late this afternoon and saw mine after it was prepped and they offered him $3000.00 more. Luckily the salesman said NO WAY! Only had to wait 14 1/2 weeks (Ha Ha). I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Hope all is well with yours.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Please take some photos and post them on your CarSpace page.

And congrats!
  • Options
    So what do you think of your Enclave now that you finally took delivery? I have no complaints so far and am super glad I put my order in three months ago, given the wait. One thing for sure, I don't see hardly any on the road. A sighting is rare!

Good Luck
  • Options
    JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    "One thing for sure, I don't see hardly any on the road. A sighting is rare!"

Me neither, other than the fact that my neighbor just bought one and I see it going up and down their driveway just about every day. Even my wife commented about how good it looks...
  • Options
    It Really is incredible!!! My wife, who is the main driver loves it too. People stop us in the street and ask us about the car and we say it is perfect except for the fact that if you order one today, you will wait at least 3 months to get it. We get alot of comments on the color(Cocoa Metallic) and that people haven't seen the Enclave on the road before. I tell them by next spring there will plenty around.
    I can't get over how quiet it is inside. Couldn't be happier. It was worth the wait(wish it wasn't 14 1/2 weeks, but it is still worth it!!)
  • Options
    fabricqueen52fabricqueen52 Member Posts: 3
    First of all.....I'm an artist, and I'm looking for the best color combo. Can you all help me? I'm entertaining white diamond, black carbon, and gold mist. I want the cashmere interior. Found a black w/ ebony leather interior, but it's 4 hrs away. Anybody have the black leather? How does it compare? The brochure and all I've seen are cashmere.

Dealer told me some interesting info today.

1. There's a 4 week delay added to deliver time due to Michelin's inability to deliver tires.
    2. White Diamond is going to be discontinued and replaced w/ Platinum Gold, silver w/ a gold undertone.
    3. Advanced KeyFob not available at this time, latest is jan 08 but didn't know if it could be added on an enclave previously ordered.

Also, TEXAS drivers....cars I've located in TX have a "Chrome package" available only toe TX, FL, & CA. Can someone describe what this is?

Thanks.
  • Options
    I have the Carbon Black Metallic (which to me is nicer than plan black...has more "texture" in the reflection) and the Cashmere interior. I like both. Black is more understated than other color options, but I deliberately didn't want to make as strong of a "statement" as some of other cool colors do. Red Jewel color is nice too.

JMO
  • Options
    jbeahnjbeahn Member Posts: 2
    The TX, FL, CA Chrome Package is not a package unique to those states, but rather it is a discount given to that package to help Buick sell more of those options in those states. It's either that it's not that a popular option in those states or it's a very common option and other cars don't charge nearly so much for them, thus Buick has to discount the option to make it competitive. I'm not sure which, but I live in FL and at 1K instead of 2K, I'll at least THINK about that option...but I still won't pay for it. Here in FL, we get PLENTY of sunshine, so I don't need to pay so I can get more in my car and add just another place for problems to arise (I've heard innumerable stories of people with sunroofs that ended up leaking... none of those were Enclaves though).

As for coloring, I'm somewhat glad to see the White Diamond go. It's a wonderful color but I just can't make myself pay extra for a color! Plus I've read more than one place that body work done with that color just never quite matches. That said, I'm a typical guy when it comes to color combinations. To me, a red is a red, a blue is a blue, etc. I didn't even notice how many different colors were in the Enclave interior until my wife pointed it out. The grey Acadia, unfortunately, has a better coordinated interior, although still not as nice.
  • Options
    billdougbilldoug Member Posts: 5
    We have the Black Carbon/Cashmere CXL fully loaded & while I still think it is a beautiful combo, there are two things I'd reconsider. The Black is truly amazing, depending on how teh light hits you pick up blues/purples & because of the high metallic content it really looks like more of a graphite compared to flat black. The downside is that it does show the dirt & every water spot. The cashemere makes for a very rich interior but has the opposite problem, both the leather & the carpet are such a light shade that they show the dirt very quickly & I've had to spot clean them a few times already (just over 1000 miles on it now). If I could switch I would go with the Red Jewel/Black. The red would set the chrome trim off & with the remote start I'm not worried about hot seats during the Florida summers.
  • Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    White Diamond is no longer available, as said, BUT some of you have clearly been given odd information as to the replacement.

The replacement is called Platinum Ice, and like the White Diamond, is STILL a pearl white. The key differentiator is that, while the White Diamond starts with a light gold base, then the white pearl goes over top--which gives it the sometimes gold/yellow hue...the Platinum Ice will use a light silver base coat, and then the pearl. Hence, it will still be pearl white, but a brighter/whiter variety, without the gold/yellow hue to it.

Of course, there's also going to be a gap between the 2 colors and the changeover where you won't be able to get either (like now, you can't order White Diamond and the Platinum Ice isn't available yet)...but in the end, there will still be a pearl white. Just a different take on it.
  • Options
    fabricqueen52fabricqueen52 Member Posts: 3
    So what about the titanium? It is a little darker than cashmere I think. I don't think I can do black, I've looked at Gallery pics, and it just looks "flat". Maybe black just doesn't translate well to computer pics.
  • Options
    billdougbilldoug Member Posts: 5
    Black & black was a bit too flat for us as well, saw one at the dealership & everything just blended together. The titanium would be very sharp, but while it made "hide" the dirt better than cashmere, it is still on the light side. Of course we have 3 dogs so this may not be as critical for you as it was for us.
  • Options
    cowczarcowczar Member Posts: 4
    I saw a fully loaded White Diamond with the the black carbon interior & chrome wheels. It was AWESOME!! I had seen the White Diamond with the cashmere interior and it was very nice but the black leather looked great. The white and black combination was the best I've seen yet. To bad it was already sold :cry:
  • Options
    4huskers4huskers Member Posts: 2
    I drove an Enclave a few weeks ago as a rental and loved it. It was silver. I then checked the Buick.com site and love the cocoa color but it looks like it is two-toned; one side of the vehicle is darker than the other side. Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is this the case? If it is, what colors are two toned? I ask b/c I can not buy a two toned color vehicle. Will just have to eliminate the cocoa if true. THANKS.
  • Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    NO colors are 2-toned...the colors are the colors. The difference among some, however, is the coloring of the thin plastic along the bottom. It's brown on Cocoa and Gold models, gray on silver, white, etc. That's the only "different" part. But being that you had a silver one, which has a small bit of darker gray on the bottom, you should already be familiar with that.

There is no 2-tone, that you can be sure of--just try not to rely only on "Build a car" pages, as the colors and other details are always off. Search Autotrader.com and Diamondlot.com to find a lot of real world pictures in essentially any color.
  • Options
    kcoreykcorey Member Posts: 130
    You can also try Enclaveforum.net and click on the gallery for actual photos.
  • Options
    volvo2enclavevolvo2enclave Member Posts: 1
    taking delivery in a few days. wondering if anyone's had any trouble with wiring hookup to trailer. my trailer has the flat/4-prong wiring plug; the vehicle has a round (female) plug. is there a standard adapter? the salesman shrugged...
  • Options
    wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    If it is the same one that is on my Envoy, you can get the adapter at your favorite parts store, discount super retailer, etc. I found one at Wal-Mart last year...I think it was less than $10.
  • Options
    golfer16golfer16 Member Posts: 7
    Recently received my Enclave. What a great vehicle. It is sad to think that a car is smarter than the driver. Not really happy with MPG but hopefully will get better. Ave about 20.5 on the road. It is the quietest vehicle I have ever driven. Buick has done a great job. Waited 6.5 months to get this vehicle but was well worth the wait.
  • Options
    smirrorsmirror Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased a Buick Enclave CXL FWD a few days ago. Noticed the car moves backward a little every time after shifting to P from D. Never had such problem with other cars. Is this normal? Thanks.
  • Options
    juls7juls7 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know if the second and third row passengers get motion sick from the sunroof? There was a comment on one of thr road test reviews on Edmonds that mentioned this. We're on the fence about the sunroof. We are currently back and forth with a sales rep trying to finalize trade in to close deal. This comment about the sunroof concerns my husband and the one we're looking at has one. Thanks!
  • Options
    I've owned an Enclave for three months now...have three kids that ride with the extra sunroof and haven't experienced any issues with motion sickness, for what it's worth. Also, do love this vehicle!
  • Options
    catdecidecatdecide Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a jewel red Enclave yesterday afternoon. Drove the Mazda CX-9
    and the Acacia. Liked the Mazda because currently driving a mid-size car, but I
    didn't like the console in the middle of the front seats. It felt like there was no
    room to put anything down in the front... like food, belongings etc.

Drove the Enclave on Thursday for the first time and bought it on Saturday. The
    dealer said he would only deal with the three cars he had on the lot which
    were not the White Diamond color. We were able to use the supplier discount.
    On the white diamond, the dealer expected to get list price. Or he could send
    it to another dealer who would probably get above list.

Also, able to use supplier discount because it was end of the month and the
    dealer need to sell so many Buicks to get money back from Buick.

Regarding the cocoa color, I saw it and liked it. (In clothing, brown is the new black.) It isn't two tone. However, my spouse, who prefers primary colors said
    saw one that showed all the dirt. :blush:
  • Options
    forddawg1forddawg1 Member Posts: 2
    We went to the Los Angeles auto show late last year to find my wife her new car. We saw the Acadia and really liked it. But we walked to the display booth next door and absolutely fell in love with the Enclave. I ordered all the information I could find from Buick, Consumer reports, ETC and we loved it even more. We had a terrible time finding one that was fully loaded, Pearl White with AWD and with a black interior. It took 2 months and about 50 phone calls but I found one in Tempe Az. I flew out, bought it and drove home to So Ca the same day. We are so happy that we waited and didn't settle for the Accadia. Our Enclave is incredibly quiet. I have had two friends ask if the engine is on or if it is a hybrid just because it's so well built and so well insulated against noise. I still can't believe how quiet it is. It has good power, steers and brakes well for such a big vehicle. The interior is off the charts as far as I'm concerned. My wife likes the fact that you can shut one or all of the AC vent completely off if you want to. My son loves the entertainment center in the rear. Also the rear (3rd row) seats are real seats not an after thought bolted in later and they are relatively comfortable too. I'm a little down on the gas mileage though but my mechanic told me the cars computer will adjust after 5000 miles and it will get better mileage. Initially I was told I could expect around 22 MPG and so far we haven't broke 15 yet. So we'll see. But the Enclave is a fantastic car get when you can.
  • Options
    zman3zman3 Member Posts: 857
    I also have an Enclave, now with 8,000 miles on it. I have found that the vehicle gets very good mileage when cruising on the freeway, but you will get punished if you do a lot of stop and go driving around town. I don't think you will get anywhere near 22 MPG unless you are on the freeway for extended periods. We average between 15 and 16 MPG in typical suburban commuting.
  • Options
    tencjeddtencjedd Member Posts: 44
    We just bought a White Diamond within the last week. Drove the Mazda as well. Really nice handling, better then the Buick in my opinion and almost comparable to my Touareg.

But totally agree about the Mazda's interior layout in the front seat. We compared the CX-9 Grand Touring to the CXL, and the Buick interior hands down blows away the Mazda. Mazda doesn't allow you to get the sunroof and the video system. The Buick's optional 2nd row bucket seats are really nice, and make 3rd row access much easier. I was less than impressed with either vehicle's third row access with the 2nd row bench seat when comparing it to the Toyota Sequioa we were trading in.

In the end the Toyota was a truck, and the Buick's ride was such an improvement that my wife was willing to forgo a little handling in return for a much more elegant and sophisticated car. 100k mile powertrain warranty is nice, hopefully we won't need it.

Our research showed white's and reds are hard to find if you wanted fast delivery, but we were fortunate and found a dealer who had one car on his lot and it was the White Diamond. I was suprised we managed a discount to sticker, as another dealer refused and claimed he had been fielding offers for the car from dealers as far away as Ohio.
  • Options
    nunzinunzi Member Posts: 50
    congrats on your new Enclave. I ordered one in Whit tricoat(pearl white) in Nov and was told prodution will be done 1/17 and i may see it in Feb. I am so twisted but I really want this car. Please tell me, how are you loving this color? I have never owned a white vehicle and I just wonder if I changed the color maybe I do not have to wait so long. Tell me it's worth the wait...I ordered blk leather int. cxl AWD ent #2... Thanks... Millie
  • Options
    You'll love the color (and the car). It's a head-turner. I've had white cars before. They tend to require a little more washing than darker colors since they show dirt easier, but the reality is, and contrary to old myths, washing a car more often tends to do more to protect your car's finish as opposed to leaving the dirt, sand, and salt on longer.
  • Options
    wetashwetash Member Posts: 4
    nunzi,
    Just picked my white tri-coat up on Dec 29th.
    You should wait on the color - it's spectacular. Only problem is there will eventually be a lot of them - just because it's so beautiful!
    I don't agree with the respondent who said white colors need more washing. In fact, having owned virtually all different colors (over the last 45 years), IMO white is the best color to hide the dirt with the longest time between washings.
    FYI, I waited roughly 10 weeks for mine to arrive.

Good luck.
  • Options
    catdecidecatdecide Member Posts: 3
    Here's our experience so far... Noticed a couple was talking about the car in the parking lot. (They were getting into a Cadillac)

Trying to read the manual to figure out how the Nav system works. Having
    more fun with the screen and watching the streets. Also, having fun when the
    screen shows the car backing up. (Still look out the back and sides.) Only distraction while I"m driving is my passenger waving her hand and telling me about what's happening on the screen.

Filled up half the tank and calculated the car got 17 mpg after 233 miles. Thought
    this is OK for the car being so new. Drove in some snow and felt the car handle well. FWD only.

Lastly, my favorite thing is the Buick signature clock which my spouse thinks is
    crazy.
  • Options
    I may only be 40 (compared to your "45 years" of vehicle ownership I believe you are implying), but I've owned two white cars prior to purchasing a White Diamond Tricoat Enclave.

You seriously want to say that white hides dirt better than other colors, particularly black or the Enclave's Cocoa? You must live somewhere where it NEVER rains or snows. The only thing I can assume from your post is, you enjoy driving around a dirty car!
  • Options
    zman3zman3 Member Posts: 857
    You seriously want to say that white hides dirt better than other colors, particularly black or the Enclave's Cocoa?

I would say that also. My white Outback was much easier to keep clean looking than our Cocoa Enclave. Black hides dirt? Black is the worst IMHO.
  • Options
    I have to agree that black is the worst for hiding dirt. I have a black Enclave and here in St. Paul, MN it gets dirty as soon as it is clean. Any dirt film shows up. I knew this would be an issue with black, but I like this color best so screw the dirt. Every one else's car is dirty anyway here in the winter. Summer is easy to keep it clean. My two cents...
  • Options
    Thanks because I am getting a bit impatient.. But yes I will wait. I however think black is the worst color. i owned an expedition in Black and vowed never to get black again. My current vehicle is a champagne tannish Navigator and it has been the best color... White seems clean all the time. My friend owns a white car and always looks good even dirty you reall need to be close to see the grime,... Thanks agai.. Milli
  • Options
    amosncraigamosncraig Member Posts: 1
    I am considering purchasing an Enclave CXL. My husband is concerned with the placement of the antenna on the rear roof, as I will be using the roof rack to load and unload 2 surfboards fairly regularly in the summertime. He thinks the antenna might get banged up. Anybody have an opinion on that?

Also, I'm conflicted on the interior color. I thought I wanted the grey, but then I read about Edmund's reviewers concerns with excessive wear on light-colored leather. (I never had a problem with my Acura's tan interior, but I don't know how the leather quality compares between the two brands.) Anyway, I'm thinking maybe black is the better choice. Downside of black would be that we're not very good car-keepers; I think the carpet and dash will always look dirty. Maybe it's still too early in your ownership experience, but has anybody noticed any wear on their Platinum seats? Thanks!
  • Options
    O.k... sounds like I should wait... Congrates on yours... Yes I have been swayed into waiting... However I really don't think there are going to be too many because it is an extra cost most people do not want to pay extra for. I am glad white is a better choice to keep clean.. I have owned a blk expedition and it was a nighmare..you see everything. My current Navigator is a Light parchment Gold (Champange) and it really hides the dirt well... But white tri coat here I come...I think it will be stunning.... thanks for your imput.. Happy Motoring.... :blush:
  • Options
    beetle8beetle8 Member Posts: 6
    Just to let everyone know, I have an Enclave with Bucket seats and it so easy for my kids to get in and out very easy. The Bucket seats are convenient and roomy enough for a much larger person to get in and out with no problem.
    I love my Enclave! It's the Real Deal!
  • Options
    ilovetrailersilovetrailers Member Posts: 27
    Got a letter from GM Card bumping my earnings to $3000 and it seems to allow me to use all of it toward a Buick Enclave. Due to confusing wording I am not sure if I am reading it right

Has anybody else got this
  • Options
    I agree. I ordered mine with bucket seats and "NO 2Nd Row" console because the one I saw in the showroom was set up the same and my 2 kids slipped in and out of the 3rd row as if it was a mini van.... great access.... I am still waiting for mine to come in...congrats on yours... Millie ;)
  • Options
    leftygolfer42leftygolfer42 Member Posts: 1
    just got my new cxl new years eve and am thrilled with it. best driving and riding car i've ever owned. Buick has outdone themselves with the Enclave.
  • Options
    dianejdianej Member Posts: 10
    This is a heads-up for those of you whose quiet ride may be growing not so quiet. At the 10-week mark (5,000 miles for us), my husband noticed excessive noise coming from the right front of the vehicle. The dealer had it for a couple of days and then said that the hub needed replacing.

Still very satisfied; love the XM and the space between the captain's chairs for easy access. Mileage, particularly on the highway, has picked up, and I'm routinely getting 18-19 & over 20 on occasion.

I have a new pair of jeans that have left blue dye on the left side bolster of the bottom of the driver's seat. Not too thrilled about that. Hopefully I can get it off.
  • Options
    dinad0524dinad0524 Member Posts: 4
    Hi! That is great if you can use $3000 towards the vehicle. I wanted to ask how you were able to get that amount if they will let you use it? I have the GM points as well and I am picking up my Enclave on Thurs, but only allowed $1000 according to the GM site. Please let me know if there is a way I would be able to get additional money off - it would help!! THANKS!!!
  • Options
    ilovetrailersilovetrailers Member Posts: 27
    Spoke to GM Card redemption center this morning and was told I can use the whole $3000 on many of their vehicles. They include the Enclave and Acadia.

I got a little brocure in the mail yesterday, but I don"t know why. I quit purchasing GM products about 4 years ago. Prior to that I used my GM earnings at least 3 times on new cars.

I would call the redemption center and see if you qualify for this offer. Call # on credit card then hit option 4 and then hit option 0 to get a customer rep.

500 rebate + 500 conquest + 3000 GM card + 2000 off list = good deal on Enclave
  • Options
    robert52robert52 Member Posts: 27
    Where is the spare tire in this car?