Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Nissan Sentra Cold Air Intake Questions

nitro2nitro2 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Nissan
I'm looking for anyone that can help me with a ruff idle and motor choking out after cold air intake was instaled..ran great for a day now i hit the gas and motor runs like crap!

Comments

• Options
    nitro2nitro2 Member Posts: 3
    I installed this cold air intake and it sounded and ran wounderful...then i was driving the next day..and as i was getting onto the highway the motor just choked out and almost stalled... after that it ran ruff (idled up and down) and if i hit the gas the rpm's go to a certin spot and then the motor makes like there is a rev limiter on it and starts to bog down..if i pinch the gas it chokes out to almost a stall and when i let of it comes back for a moment then idles ruff again...Were do i start..What should i do?
  • Options
    elgaton3groelgaton3gro Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1.8L 06 sentra.. does anyone know if i can install a K&N cold air intake on it?? or does it have to be a 2.5??
  • Options
    CovertFirewallCovertFirewall Member Posts: 2
    I'm having similar problems after some time with the intake system. It wasn't acting like this initially though... Did you ever figure out the solution to this? It would be a great help!
  • Options
    dbb4dbb4 Member Posts: 2
    Did you reconnect the mas air flow sensor your car will spit and sputter choke if it is missing or disconnected or if you got dirt or a forgin material in it
This discussion has been closed.