Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Model A Fords

2»

Comments

• Options
    mkovalskmkovalsk Member Posts: 114
    It's finally off!

There was a lot of downtime, mostly due to cold weather. I don't have a heated garage, yet.

I thought the two studs on the water neck were only for the water neck. Wrong! They go through the head to the block. One of those was corroded to the head. I was able to remove one of the studs intact, but the second broke about 1/2" above the block. That was what held me up. All the other studs were removed, except the two at the far rear. I still need ideas how to get them out. They are very close to the body, and I don't want to damage the sheet metal.

To get it off I built a temporary frame of 4x4 lumber above the car. I hung a chain from the temporary frame. Next I jacked the car until the front wheels were about 4" off the ground. I attached the chain to the water pump opening. Then I just dropped the jack. The head didn't fall with the car!

Now to put it all back together.

Mark
  • Options
    starrow68starrow68 Member Posts: 1,142
    After 3 1/2 years working on the '30 Tudor, fantastic paint job, power coated wheels, engine running, ready for the interior, what's the Father-in-Law do? He goes out and buys a '31 roadster, looking good but lousy color, all in the eye of the beholder. But, it is just what he drove before the war, so guess that is what it is all about. On to the interior of the Tudor, now we can get the whole family out for July 4th if we get busy.
This discussion has been closed.