Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda3 Canada

Comments

• Options
    jv44jv44 Member Posts: 2
    That's great! 88.3 is the best channel as well. I've tried them all. Some seem to work for a day or two and then they lose their sound quality.
  • Options
    ronfcronfc Member Posts: 6
    after the first snow i scraped the goodyears that came with the car, they were uslesssss in even a dusting of snow
    i live in the snow belt this is my second winter with this car a loaded mazda3gt sedan 04. the tires i changed to have been good under all conditions but i have not used the car in very heavy snow i am well satisfied with them.
    they are Kumho ecsta asx so far they have nearly 32000 on them
  • Options
    brodie2brodie2 Member Posts: 32
    I have been having two problems with my automatic 2004 mazda 3. The engine shuts down on me after all the warning lights come on and I am experiencing a power surge when my foot is not on the gas. Has anyone else had these problems :cry: ?
  • Options
    dufosdufos Member Posts: 16
    No not as yet. But I am sure if you take it to the dealer they will probably tell you "you are the first to complain about this problem"
    Google Mazda3 and check other forums, there are a few good ones around.
  • Options
    ex_tdierex_tdier Member Posts: 277
    How's the sound quality using the FM broadcast? Is it the same or worse than a good FM station?

I am not impressed with the the FM tuner, the CD is much better though. Too bad we can't have something where you insert a CD and then the satellite radio works that way, rather than through the FM.
  • Options
    wildthingwildthing Member Posts: 25
    Well, I find the sound quality through the FM broadcast fine...I never hear any static...certainly no worse to my ears than ay other FM station.

Don't know about the CD thing but the Delphi Roady XT I bought had a cassette thing that you could insert into your car radio's cassette player and play the Sat radio through that....obviously useless in our '3's s they don't come with cassette players
  • Options
    siciliansicilian Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone

I found this site and found it to be very helpful. I am in the process of purchasing a Mazda 3 GT with GFX Package. I went to a dealer today to get a price. With a $1500 trade it I was quoted at 26,727 after taxes. I was wondering if that was a good deal or not. Like to hear from Ontario residents since prices vary from provinces. And I would like also to hear how much you paid after taxes. Thanks
  • Options
    gq_mazda3gq_mazda3 Member Posts: 5
    Hey there,
    Well I just purcahsed a brand new mazda3 2006 standard and after taxes and all i got it for about 25000 so I know that with the Gt model it's automatically consider sport so it does go up by another 2 thousand so at the price your getting it form it seems pretty good but always try to get a little more discount. I was able to close the deal at that price and with 1 yr free oil change and a free spoiler. =) So if you need more info let me know. Maybe i can even refer you to my deal guy he was awsome adn so helpful. But yeah sounds pretty good so far regardless. And The purchase was just this week so it's pretty relivant info for yah :) good luck =) The car's amazing
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. It gives me a gauge as to what I should be looking for in terms of price. My price of $26,727 included a $1500 trade in. Did your deal involve a trade in as well?
    Anyways I would appreciate it if you provide me with the name of the sales rep and the place you purchased it as well. Perhaps you can get something out of it as well from a referral. Take care
  • Options
    Hi there, hope this will be of help to you but I had gone to the dealership thats at the boarderline of mississauga and brampton called ontario mazda and its on dixie off the highway basically. The amazing car sales person name was izzy and he is great help and a very pleasant guy. The pricing i got it at was actually $2300 roughly after looking back at my papers. there was no trade in either but i did just purchase a mazda 3 exact model 6 months prior at that same dealer so that is the reason for the amazing deal. But go in and see what he can do. I also did kinda plan things.Dealership as you know has quotas to hit every month. i purpously purchased my car on feb 28 cause i knew it was the shortest month and the last day of the month so dealerships will drop prices dramatically just so they can hit there target of the month. so if u can hold out, try coming in the last week of the month to do your negotiation. thats when they will be willing to push for lower prices. Well hope all this was helpful and good luck =) let me know how itt goes :blush:
  • Options
    autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    You said:
    purcahsed a brand new mazda3 2006 standard and after taxes and all i got it for about 25000 so I know that with the Gt model it's automatically consider sport so it does go up by another 2 thousand so at the price your getting it form it seems pretty good but always try to get a little more discount. I was able to close the deal at that price and with 1 yr free oil change and a free spoiler.

And then you said:
    pricing i got it at was actually $2300 roughly after looking back at my papers

Really, you paid $2300? Not too many dealers could survive with that pricing. :P

TIP: It would help when quoting prices to identify: exact model with options, selling price and the negotiated out the door (OTD) price after trade and with all taxes.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip.

I went to Ontario Mazda. I bought the Mazda 3 GT Automatic with GFX package. Traded my car for $1500 and ended up paying $25,700 tax included. Happy owner of of Winning Blue Mazda 3. Thanks again for the tip. If anyone is intersted let me know. I can recommend a good sales rep for you. Take care
  • Options
    finchyfinchy Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

Hope you could help me out.

I'm looking at a Mazda 3 GT, 5 speed automatic, with GFX and Luxury Package. The dealer quoted me $24,935 as MSRP.

Is this good?

Also could anyone comment on the CarCostCanada service, where they "claim" to give consumers the invoice pricing for cars sold in Canada?

Is this for real or a scam?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Congrats to the new purchase. So you did go to the dealership I went to? Your price did go down which was great to hear. Who was your sales person? Regardless glad I was able to help enjoy the new ride =)
  • Options
    Hi there, Yes i did inititally say i got it for around $25,000, but then when looking back at my papers realized it was roughly $23,000 because on the day of pick up the price was dropped lower due to some misunderstanding on their side. But yes, I know the deal i got was amazing. The manager at the dealership said they actually lost money in selling that car to me. The deal though, I did just buy the exact car 6 months prior which was also a reason they went so low. But yes i should be more specific on models. I got the Mazda3 GS model standard with spoiler additional, rust proof, and no extended warranty. At that price. I did no trade in but did financing with zero down and that was the price i got. But financing at 4.9 is whats gonna kill me and make it a few grand more but only because i couldnt dish out the cash. But thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    Hey,
    If anyone is into modifying cars, please help, I'm modifying my Mazda 3 GS model and just purchased a kenstyle bodykit and would like to know if that was even a good brand to go with. it looks pretty amazing r the pictures i've seen and I would also like to know if anyone has some ideas for whats a good price to get the bodykit painted and installed or either or. I'd like to heqar some replys with in the GTA if possible. Bt any help or info wouldbe appreciated. So for the bodykit. its front lip side skirts and bumper. and the car is silver. Please let me know if you can. thanks.
  • Options
    Hi Finchy

Is that price tax included?
  • Options
    moo_spursmoo_spurs Member Posts: 1
    Ok. Hopefully someone can help me as I’ve just moved to Vancouver and I am finding buying a new car somewhat problematic as every time I go to a dealership they keep changing their stories.

Basically, I am looking to pay cash for a Mazda 3 GS with auto, AC, the sp and the pp package in silver. I was wondering what people in the lower mainland were paying for their cars and in what dealerships they bought them.

Cheers for any info and if you have other advice please feel free to offer your opinion.
  • Options
    Morrey Mazda NOrth Shore, boycott Signature Mazda. Don't go there at all.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Sorry, we can't use the Forums to name salespeople or give exact locations of dealerships. Here is the scoop (taken from the Rules of the Road linked on the left):

6. Posts about dealers
    When posting about your experience with a dealership, you may post ONLY the dealership name, city, and state. You may not post a salesperson's name, phone numbers, email addresses, links to dealer web sites, etc.
  • Options
    yu203964yu203964 Member Posts: 35
    Today my 2004 M3 with 33K Km and 2 years old has the rear brake pads and rotors changed due to excessive wear. My dealer said there was no such warranty on the pads even though I showed him your message. Can you tell me is there anything I can use to ask Mazda Canada to do it under warranty?
  • Options
    z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    Try this site - it claims Mazda extended the warranty on rear brakes out to 48 months 50K miles.

Not sure if USA and Canada cars are treated the same.

http://web2.iadfw.net/theman/protegefaq/tsb/04-002-05.html

I would give Mazda customer service a call and see if they can help you.

I had to have mine replaced at around 18K -

If the dealer will not cover it under warranty TELL THEM YOU WANT THE OLD PARTS pads and rotors - so that you can follow up with Mazda and find out why your rotors are worn out in only 33K - rotors should last longer than this. This may cause the dealer to loosen up a little - if he knows you will be taking the problem up with Mazda. Its worth a shot.

The reason you need to save both pads and rotors is so you can show that the pads were not so worn out that the metal backing was rubbing the rotor.
  • Options
    Thanks Bill. You always have good and informative advices to me. I already contacted the dealer and asked them to check the TSB on your link. I think this should also be applicable to Canadians because the same dealer replaced my front brakes and rotors under warranty after one year even though I did not ask for it. If they reject my claim, I will contact Mazda Canada.
  • Options
    robi1robi1 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me where I can get a good deal on a Mazda 3 Sport GT (Auto with AC) in the Vancouver area? My wife really wants one of these. Any advise about how much I should pay would also be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Options
    teddyvteddyv Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,
    I am looking into buying a 3 GT full option and I am curious about the fuel consumption you get on one of these and the price as well.
    Can you please tell me how yours does ? Also, if you know anything about prices, would be helpful too. Thank you.
  • Options
    Here is the development of my claim during the past two weeks.

The service manager of the dealer, Markham Mazda told me it's not under warranty because it's normal wear & tear. He refused to confirm if there's such TSB. Mazda Canada said there's no such TSB and it's up to MM to decide and suggested to talk to the owner of MM.

The owner said US TSB was not applicable here and said when MC personnel visited them, he would ask if he agreed it's under warranty because he would not pay for it.

Then the service manager called after one week and said MC checked the rotors and said it's normal w & t and not covered. I contacted MC again and they finally confirmed they had a similar TSB. But they would rely on what the dealer found. If it's normal w & t, it's not covered. I asked them to check the rotors because the dealer still had them. But MC said they would not do that but if the work order said they were grooved, they would consider that. However, there's nothing on work order saying why the rotors were replaced.

So I talked to the owner of MM again. He said I did not give him time. I told him his manager already rejected my claim and insisted it's normal w & t. But his service advisor and mechanic told me the rotors were grooved and could not be machined. I told him what his staff told me that day and now his manager twisted the story. He refused to listen because he had a meeting and asked for more time.

This owner's mentality is that I just come for free lunch and he would not allow it. But what I am asking for is what I am entitled to under the TSB. He did not consider I have service with them since the first oil change. I paid them more than $140 for 24K service. He just said I did not rotate tires with them and the tires would have problems. But he did not know I used snow tires and tires were rotated every half year. He also did not think about the loss of future revenue from me and other customers due to bad reputation. A lot of customers already complained about them in our local Mazda3 forums.

Now I contact MC again and tell them I replaced the rotors becasue MM told me they were grooved and could not be machined. "Grooved" was the exact term they used at that time. Rotors have to be replaced at 33K Km. is not normal. For normal ones, they can be machined at least one more time. On the other hand, if it's normal w & t, MM should have machined them instead of replacing. Then MM was lying to me for unnecessary work. I ask MC should they believe a liar.

In Canada we have an arbitration program called Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Program (CAMVAP), the disputes with the vehicle manufactures can be settled through it. I am going to try this if MC refuses my claim.

Z71bill do you have any advice to me?
  • Options
    Looks like you are doing everything you can.

I have been caught between the dealership and Mazda corporate a few times.

The dealership can't (won't is more accurate) fix something unless Mazda gives them the OK - Mazda corporate will say - its up to the dealership to determine what the problem is. So no one takes responsibility.

When I had my brake issue my car had less than 20K miles - the rotors were so thin that they were right at the minimum Mazda standard - so they could not be turned. When I showed them the TSB they went ahead and agreed to replace them under warranty - they seemed to put some added weight on the fact that Mazda had EXTENDED the warranty on brakes (that have this defect) out to 48 months or 50K miles.
  • Options
    But my problem with this dealer MM is even I showed them the TSB, at first they said its for US. When MC confirmed they had similar TSB, MM said it's normal wear & tear and ignored the fact that it's not normal if they could not be machined at least one time at 33K km. I asked MC to look at the rotors but they refused and said they relied on MM.

Now I went one level higher and talked to the supervisor. In addition to the original arguments, I also asked him to consider the cost and benefit to fight with me just for $200, the cost I suspect to them.
  • Options
    nifty56nifty56 Member Posts: 279
    2005 GT GFX AUTO SEDAN TITANIUN GREY
    $27250 OTR
    the 2.3 Auto is not good on gas for city driving, highway at posted speeds good mileage.
    Don't forget to check the A/C This forum and others, search Google.
    Dave Wood Mazda in Newmarket stay away only because they wanted $500 more for the same car I bought at another dealership.
  • Options
    autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    With nearly 70,000 km on my original brakes for my Protege5 (predecessor to the Mazda3), I thought I would share a few insights:
    a) disc brakes need to be maintained, especially in Canada with our salt-soaked winter roads; many independent garages recommend that you get your brakes inspected and lubricated periodically; I have my brake calipers lubricated every second year;
    b) rotors according to independent garages are becoming so inexpensive that they are not worth machining; if you machine you extend the life but sooner than you think you'll need to replace them; so to save money on two visits to your garage it may be worth your while to have them replaced outright;
    c) brake pads and rotors do not last forever; according to Phil Edmunds, noted car guru and author of Lemon-Aid, the durability of these parts is approximately 40,000 km (which works out to approximately 2 years of typical driving);
    d) your driving style and your driving situation (e.g lots of highway driving) makes a major difference in the life of your brake components; if you drive primarily in dense stop and go traffic you may find your brakes wear quite quickly.
  • Options
    malakmalak Member Posts: 4
    I would like to buy a 2006 Mazda 3 but only the US versions have optional side curtain impact air bags. Does anyone have experience buying a Mazda 3 in the US and importing it into Canada?
  • Options
    chrisboltchrisbolt Member Posts: 10
    Just wait a few months, side and curtain air bags will be standard in Canada as of the 2007 model year.
  • Options
    For more info on importing cars to the Canada from the U.S. go here http://www.riv.ca
  • Options
    markb3markb3 Member Posts: 23
    Hello Everyone,

Well, here we go again!...Just has the weather starts to warm up the need for Air Condition arises.
    I would like to know if any other Forum members have had any luck with the Mazda dealers actually doing anything to the poor performance of the Air Conditioning on these cars, or do we just live with a inadequate cooling system on our Mazda 3s.
  • Options
    Doing NOTHING gets you nothing. You need to complain to your dealer, get them and this is crucial: have them send a "tech flash" to Mazda International and USA. Also call AND write to Mazda Customer Service, Mazda USA, and Mazda International. Also, check Mazda3 Problems and solutions.

More info here and here:
    m3fan3, "Mazda3: Problems & Solutions" #3172, 16 Apr 2006 5:39 pm or http://tinyurl.com/edrkw
    http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=44793.0

The last link you will have to read through a lot. The really good stuff is around page number 15.
  • Options
    charlie21charlie21 Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone bought a 2006 GS Sedan Touring Edition? I test drove it yesterday. MSRP = $23310. I can't find any reviews on it. Cool Copper Red Mica colour, A/C, moonroof, fog lights, power doors + windows, temp gauge + fuel computer, engine immobilizer theft deterrent system, auto transmission, nice black cloth interior, Siruis satellite radio + 1 yr free subscription.

I want it, but not sure if I'm just getting swept away by it. I went there looking for a GS after pricing what I wanted on www.mazda.ca and coming up with a $25000 price tag, tax in. No power windows, no moonroof, no fog lights, no temp guage, no theft deterrent system. The Touring Edition price tag with tax = $26893.

I'm in Nelson BC. No Mazda dealers here. I went to the dealer in Kelowna, 4 hours drive - the only Mazda dealer there. The other dealer close to me is 4 hours the other way, in Kimberly. Or 8 hours to Vancouver.

Just wondering if anyone has bought this car and what kind of price they got for it.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Being in Nelson, it gets quite hot where you are in the summer. If you can, wait until the 2007 models come out. In 2007, auto-climate control will be available. Without it, the present A/C is less than inadequate. I would wait or you may regret it. There is a lot of write-ups of people complaining about the weak A/C.
  • Options
    mandymusikamandymusika Member Posts: 42
    What does everyone know about the 07 sport model? What are the upgrades from the 06 model? Anyone know if there will be bluetooth and ipod capability?

thanks!
  • Options
    Auto-climate control for starters. But, you want to reconsider buying a Mazda since Mazda North America including Canada isn't standing by their product. They won't admit to the A/C issue in all model years for 2004+.
    At least with Toyota or Honda, they acknowledge issues unlike Mazda.

I am telling all my friends and collegues to boycott Mazda.
  • Options
    Just to update my claim with Mazda Canada regarding the grooved rotors at 33,000 Km.

Both MC and the dealer, Markham Mazda, insisted my rotors were not grooved even though when I had the services, the mechanic said they were grooved. So they said the TSB for grooved rotors did not applied to me.

I wrote letters to the new and old Presidents of MC with a copy to CEO of Mazda North America, who also looks after Canada. At first they maintained no change to their position. But suddenly the Service Manager of MC called me and said they wanted to move forward and accepted my claim and refund the money I paid.

So the point here is you should be persistent if you think you have a point. Try to go to the highest level if the low level ignores you.

I think the regular maintenance such as 24K would not help you too much. I did my 24K service, which included brake service. But the dealer and MC did not consider this. They just insisted the rotors and pads were just normal wear & tear. If you just give up and do not pursue they will get away with it.

I also think to find a good dealer is also important because I read a posting saying that he got the rotors and pads replaced under the same TSB at 48K service. So I can only tell you Markham Mazda is not a good dealer. Even I had services with them from first oil change, they would not help you. As they do not appreciate my business, I would not go back to them forever.
  • Options
    Just wondering what addresss and names you have used for Mazda Canada?
  • Options
    Its possible (actually likely) the dealership charges you $2-300 more for a brake job then they get from Mazda (for doing the same work under warranty)

Glad you got it solved - but it sounds like a bad dealership to me. The extra money is more important than a happy customer.
  • Options
    Yes, I agree. That's why in all my letters to MC I told them it's not worthwhile for a multi-billion sales company to anger a customer just for $200. May be they finally got the point and wanted to move on.

The addresses and names I mailed to are:

Mr. Don Romano, President, Mazda Canada
    55 Vogell Road, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3K5

Mr. James J. O'Sullivan, CEO, North American Operations
    7755 Irvine Center Dr.
    Irvine, CA 92618, United States
  • Options
    david82david82 Member Posts: 3
    My current milleage is 45,000 kms. I purchased my Mazda 3 GS at Signature Mazda in Richmond BC. Last week i brought my car for service and their techs told me that they need to change both rear rotors and pads as they were damaged. They told me that those parts are wear and tear thus they are not covered under the warranty. Should i put a claim for a refund as well?
  • Options
    Your mistake was taking it to Signature. Try to make the claim, you have nothing to lose. Next time, take your car to Morrey North Shore or Wolfe in Langley.
  • Options
    wdreamwdream Member Posts: 2
    I have gotten quoted 21000 for a 2006 Mazda 3 GS power Package, A/C, Auto for 21000 evern with taxes and all the silly freights and such. I have a Olds as my trade in, valued at 2200. I guess after reading everything on this site, I am seeing that my quote was pretty darn good?? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. :blush:
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    If you haven't yet, you'll also want to have a look at the Mazda3: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    Hard to find Canadians prices here. Try and Google "Mazda 3 forum" for more Canadian ptices..
  • Options
    What year is your car? M.Y. 2004? You can check if your car's VIN is within the range under the TSB: Brake Rotor Grooved at this website:
    http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda3/bulletins_index.html
    If your car is under that TSB, why not try to claim it with Mazda Canada.

But be prepared to be persistent and fight to the highest level. You can see from my past postings. I sent out letters & faxes to their President and CEO in the States. After the customer representative and supervisor both rejected my claim, their manager finally gave it a pass.

I think if your condition is under the TSB, you will win if you have to go to CAMVAP for arbitration. Check out their website:
    http://camvap.ca/eng/consumers_guide.htm#Top of Page

Good Luck!
  • Options
    david82david82 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks a lot for this information. I have a Mazda 3 2004 and in fact i just checked my car's VIN; it is 41183225 that means it is within the range under that TSB. I'm currently in touch with one of their supervisors. I will send out letters and faxes to their presidents/CEO.

I will keep you posted.

thanks again.