Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hydrogen Fuel Cell Cars

1234568»

Comments

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    Here's another question for pf - all of these hydrogen generation schemes aren't 'hydrogen fuel cells' anyway. A hydrogen fuel cell is a device that takes in hydrogen and oxygen, generates electricity, and discharges water. All these other things would fit better under 'gas saving gizmos and gadgets'.
  • hydroexperthydroexpert Member Posts: 3
    No need to advertise anything, ok..lets call it a gismo, well all the gismos out there are crap and do very little, right!,,right. We all know this. BUT,,everything from more power to run then it generates, and engine computer configurations and this can't do that because that does this. ALL meaningless., because all those so called engineers and mathematicians and guys who know the periodic table upside down have come to the conclusion that it doesn't work well in an automobile because the power put in is more than whats put out, and the gas made is corrosive or too hot or just can't work. IT ALL WRONG PEOPLE..and I sit here and have to laugh because I am sorry to say and hate to offend but I must when I see people arguing and saying stupid theories and knocking it because most of you do not have a clue. You can have 20 years University or be a professor and you still have it wrong,,all that talent and money for school, what a waste.

But without giving anything away...threr is a way, it does work, and it being used today. You guys are looking at it all wrong, Stop following other people and what they say and theories because that is what the problem is. Some of you are bright, FIGURE IT OUT, it under your nose,

Post more comedy please.
    actually this forum has sparked some interest in how you all think. Its comical
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    P.T. Barnum. "There's a sucker born every minute".

TANSTAAFL. Look it up, it applies to physics, and MPG improvements.
  • brian76brian76 Member Posts: 39
    just read in my local paper last night ..a local guy says he got all the info he could from internet about hydrogen fuel cell conversion .Built a little cell for about 5o bucks installed on his old pickup ( I think something like an 86 datsun). Says he was getting 21mpg- now gets 31 mpg. He didn't say whether he bought a kit. Says he is a diesel mechanic. Anyway after reading through previous posts I see that some say the alternator will draw more energy than you can regain from the hydrogen injection. My question; (and don't beat me up too badly) my limited understanding of an alternator or generator on a car is that if the engine is at say 2-4000. RPM, unit is basically putting out full load all the time but the regulator determines how much is allowed to go out into the system according to the draw from radio, fan, window moters,etc. In other words.. does the engine really have to work harder to produce a little more electricity from the generator or alternator?
    "does the engine really have to work harder to produce a little more electricity from the generator or alternator? "

Yes, it does. (all this applies to alternators, no cars past 1965 or so have generators). Think of it this way- if the alternator was putting out all that electrical power, it has to get used somewhere - for the car's electrical system, somewhere. Unless you have a toaster wired into your system, it isn't. Energy used by the hydrogen generators (don't call them fuel cells) is a direct load on the engine. If it's a little load, fine, but that means it's only making a little hydrogen, with even smaller effects. The other way to think of this - if it worked, there are 100 multi-billion $$ corporations that would be buying them. They aren't, for good reason.
  • hydroexperthydroexpert Member Posts: 3
    These big multi million $ companies do not buy into these companies because they are all horse caca. They don't work,,,,I LOVE the site that sells a 50 dollar idea, and people actually believe that crap...the concept is right, but it don't work LOL....this guy must have made millions already off of cheap desperate people, poor saps. I should have done that. LOL.
    LOOK....I was telling you about this guy and NO its not ME......he truely has something developed here where I live. and this guy is being interviewed by television networks and all that. I think he said this system will only be installed for people, but not sold alone. He said to the TV people that he has figured out the flaws and problems with amprage and heat that make it viable to be installed into vehicles. AND he also mentioned that ALL the so called systems out there have the right idea but they will never work properly for any length of time and has warned viewers not to be fished into false hopes because he said you can't solve and fossil fuel problem with a 50 dollar idea,,,wake up!...LOL.....and I think I believe him you know....too many You Tube engeniers our there. I don't know if there aired this guy in the United States yet....but I don't think he really cares about the US anyways,,,,he blames world prices and fuel problems on the US ...he says that they put themselves where they are today and dragged the world with it. Actually as bad as it may sound,,,,I can understand the thinking there. If this thing actually works, It will push hydrogen power forward big time and then big companies will be scratching there heads, like Shell with all there billions couldn't do it cheap and easy and works....wouldn't that be something,LOL.....and some Canadian guy did.....that would be great I think....Chalk another one up for the Canadians...LOL....IF its true ....but i'm going to look into this for sure...
    "Think of it this way- if the alternator was putting out all that electrical power, it has to get used somewhere"

Okay. I referred to generators not because they are still in use but because they illustrate more clearly what I was saying. For instance: in the old days with a generator in your car the regulator determined, according to what draw was being required,how much juice to 'dole out' so to speak. So if the engine was running but no accesories were on ( lights, horn, radio, etc.) the generator was developing a fixed amount of electricity which was being held back or 'floating ' on a line. As acessories were turned on, the regulator dispersed more current to the respective accessories. So, if a fuel generator ,as you call it, doesn't require too much juice why couldn't it use some of that elec. to operate assuming you weren't driving with every other accessory turned on? Of course there is a limit to how much juice is available but these fuel genertors may not need too much juice to operate.I'm not debating how much energy it takes to operate a fuel generator here. that's another issue. My point is; while the generator is turning at full speed it can produce more than enough elec. w/out loading the engine more than is required to run your lights. I can't see that driving with your lights on uses any more fuel than with them off. Granted I am not an elec. wixard but how far off am I?
    Just fyi the newspaper article I referred to was on the front page of my local paper a day or two ago. you might look at it online under The Daily Astorian (in Oregon) tell me what you think
    "I can't see that driving with your lights on uses any more fuel than with them off"

Actually it does. In the pre-computer controlled idle speed days, if you were at idle and turned on the lights and fan, the engine rpms would drop because of the added load. No free electricity, sorry.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "IF its true ....but i'm going to look into this for sure... "

Man, talk is REALLY cheap. I for one would appreciate it if you stopped promoting this stuff, bought the "system" you are proclaiming, then submitted your data to Road & Track, Edmunds, or CR for independent testing.

When I see some independently verified data, I will consider the concept. Until then, I consider this propaganda as a means to make some $$ on vulnerable people by selling them snake oil.
    in the good old days when you turned on your lights while idling, there was a drop in RPM. But I'm not talking about driving around at idle speed.
    Lets move on to the question: does it take a lot of elec. energy from the vehicle's system to run a small hyrdogen generator. All I can tell you is this: I just drove over to look at a hydrogen generator installed in a 85 cev, LUV pick-up.(the one I mentioned seeing in my local paper).This guy built it from a 4' pvc pipe with 2 stainless plates inside- ran a line in to it from ignition and out to a ground. ran a hose from the pipe to the intake manifold just below the carb. He is getting 11 more mpg regularly for 2 months now. He had run the hose directly into his air cleaner on his 1st attempt and got only 4 extra mpg that way. Obviously any drain on the elec system (causing ,as you say, the use of more fuel) is more than compensated for by 11 more mpg. By the way, this guy I'm talking about isn't selling anything nor did he buy one of the 'kits' marketed on the internet.He just gleaned info from the internet and is a pretty bright backyard mechanic.
    So, to be clear here, I'm saying this engine is now a gasoline/hydrogen system...not a hydrogen engine. What else can I say? short of trying it out on my own truck (which I plan on) I can't give you any more proof that this simple device can make a significnt increase in MPG.
    Well, there are several explanations: 1: He's blowing smoke; 2: He's driving more carefully now that he's concerned about his mileage; and 3: It actually works...my money's on some combination of 1 and 2 until I see some reliable data from carefully instrumented tests by a reliable source. I just get skeptical when violation of basics laws of physics are involved...
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Very well said on the reasons for being a skeptic. One other I would add is that if it's that easy and inexpenisive to do, then SOMEBODY would legitimately be making millions on it by now.

A product that everyone would want that actually does what it says it does and fills a real need? Textbook formula for success.

And since the lack of that success can only be explained away with a "conspiracy that's supressing the idea"... well, I think I'll pass on the tin foil hat :P
    Wow ! you are a tough crowd! I think this whole idea is facinating. any middle school science teacher can show you how to make hydrgen gas bubble out of a mixture of water and baking soda by using a 9 volt battery, a little wire and a carbon pencil. Surely you don't argue that? If you introduce hydrogen into the gas/oxygen mix in an internal combustion engine, the gas burns more efficiently.Poof... magic? No, just a simple fact. I suggest you go on youtube and see what's being done by everything from good mechanics to hacks, right on video. they show you (for free) how to make all different types of little hydro-generators that do just that. I found it most instructive. Just avoid the videos made by the hucksters out to sell you something and look at the poorly done ones by real folks.
    I only wish one of you (since you seem to be intelligent and I assume mechanically inclined) would spend the 30 or so bucks for parts and build one as shown on youtube and then determine how much worse mileage you get. I'll bet a couple of guys like you could each whip one out and install it in an afternoon. I will have to go slower than you since I am not a mechanic or a physicist or a hydrogen expert like you. If that sounds cynical it's to show you how unpleasent your cynicism sounds.
    Sorry. But seriously ..there is a ton of interresting stuff on this subject on youtube.
    You've not read many posts here, apparently. Of course you can make hydrogen, you just can't make hydrogen efficiently enough for it to help. You lose about 80% of the energy released to heat when you burn it. Can't make money when you spend 5 to get 1. Re youtube - nothing on there can be taken at face value. Salesmen can make anything look good.
    so why not make one as per some of the free instructions on youtube and prove your theory. aren't you even curious? Youtube is changing the world. There is no commercial backing there so you can actually wade through and figure out what's real. Did you look at the videos on youtube. Wait, wait ...I can hear your response already.....'I don't have to look at them to know they are selling something, or are just plain wrong".
    My friend, not everyone is a scammer or out to get you, or dumber than you. Have an open mind. the world is still changing. I could understand your off the cuff dismisal of the whole thing if we were talking about running an engine solely on hydrogen generated from water by use of electric current from the alternator (that's your perpetual motion machine.) we are only discussing boosting gasoline efficiency here by introducing some hydrogen to the mix.
    Sorry, I have seen the web sites, waded through their BS, and have read not one single explanation that made technical sense. Most sites start off with outright lies. So I will waste no time on even less reliable and undocumented videos. Don't listen to me, fine. But if these things worked 1/10th as well as the claims, don't you think every car and truck using business and government entity would be all over them? Is everybody stupid except these scammers? Don't think so.
    This idea has been around for a LONG time and you'd think that by now somebody would have made a commercial go of it before.

Back in the "gas shortages" of the 1970's (pre-YouTube) these same claims were made. Magazines were filled with ads for products that claimed could increase your car’s mileage by 20% or 40% or even double your gas mileage “for free”. Here's a full list of the companies that made their fortunes marekting this miracle product..

So forgive those of us who understand that "too good to be true" usually means just that.

Let's leave THIS discussion for talk of hydrogen fuel cells (a different thing althogether) and move this talk over to HHO kits - Do they really work?
    If you want to discuss HHO kits, please use the topic that been pointed out several times. Here's the link again:

HHO kits - Do they really work?

I'm going to remove all the off topic personal posts to get this discussion back on track.
    DETROIT - Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles are still 15 years away from becoming a viable business for automakers even if they overcome remaining technical hurdles and the U. S. government provides massive subsidies, a government-funded report said last week.

http://www.nationalpost.com/life/driving/story.html?id=677644
    Welcome new scammer, I mean spammer, I mean member...before anybody believe a word of what you've just written, I ask them to go back to, say, message 335 here:HHO rehash in this thread and read from there. I don't have the time right now to describe in detail why each of your claims is nonsense, but we've been through it many times.
  • nagano89nagano89 Member Posts: 2
    I don’t understand why car manufacturers aren’t looking into vehicles powered by hydrogen. Not that hydrogen fuel cell bullcrap that everybody is talking about because that doesn’t help our global warming situation at all. It still takes power plants that produce harmful emissions for the hydrogen fuel cell. If manufacturers would build a car that ran on hydrogen gas obtained through electrolysis that would be a true 100% zero emission vehicle. Electrolysis works by running an electrical charge through a series of metal plates submerged in water which separates the hydrogen atoms from the oxygen atom in water. That would mean that all you put into your gas tank is good ole fashioned water, not compressed hydrogen gas that you would most likely have to buy from a Shell, Mobil, BP, or some other oil conglomerate. Stanley Meyers first developed this concept back in the 70’s; he successfully designed and built a car that ran off water. Major car manufacturers got this design from him and were supposed to incorporate that technology into new cars. Well where is it? I haven’t heard anything about it. Everything is Hydrogen fuel cell or hybrid now a days. I believe that it is oil companies trying to keep control of our major mode of transportation. Because if we started buying cars that ran off tap water where would they make their money, they'd be out of luck. I haven’t personally looked at the designs of Mr. Meyers but the concept is simple. Obtain hydrogen gas using electrolysis and somehow meter it into the engine dependent on the throttle position. Hydrogen is highly flammable so it would be sufficient to burn, and you add with the oxygen that comes into the engine through the air intake and what do you have as exhaust? Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Hydrogen; three of earth's most simple and abundant elements. But oil companies are so greedy that they wont allow this to happen, they would rather fatten their already hefty pockets than help save the world. They don’t care about our future generations who will eventually have to deal with the havoc that we have created. They don’t care about global warming or acid rain or anything like that. Do you think that they live in the San Fernando Valley in California where you can’t even see the infamous Hollywood sign because the air is so polluted? Heck no, they could give two craps about that because their children don’t live there and don’t have to suffer with the asthma and other health problem that it causes. Their kids can go outside and play whenever they want because they don’t have to worry about the smog level and if it’s dangerous to their children’s health. But I am getting off subject. I hope that one day the car manufacturers will get their heads out of their rear ends and stop taking hand outs from oil companies and start making hydrogen vehicles. Hybrids were a step in the right direction but they are only a temporary fix because they still rely on gas part of the time.

I have had an idea for a while about harnessing a vehicles motion to create electricity. They have a similar concept of this in the regenerative braking that a lot of the hybrids use. Regenerative braking turns the motor that is driving the car into a big alternator. And when this happens the drag of the rotor passing through the field of the stator inside of the alternator slows the vehicle down. My idea is to put small alternator on each of the drive axles so that you are creating energy not only while the car is braking but also during acceleration and cruising. This would eliminate the need for the conventional internal combustion engine. I’m not sure if this power source would be infinite but it should be longer than the predicted forty mile charge of the Chevy Volt. The only thing that might be a problem with that design is the drag that the alternators would put on the drive motor. But I think that if you keep the voltage going to the rotor low and the alternators themselves small then I think that you would be able to keep enough voltage going to the batteries to keep them sufficiently charged for a longer distance.

I guess this whole rant was just a question. And that question is: why has nobody come up with these ideas before? Or if they have what is wrong with these ideas? Please feel free to comment I have had these ideas for a couple years now and have just been curious as to why car manufacturers haven’t thought of this stuff when they have thousands of employees that I'm sure are smarter than I am. I am just a 19 year old kid that goes to a technical institute to be an auto mechanic. Thank you for reading this
    Please take some physics/chemistry courses. You'll learn that it takes more energy to split water than you get when you burn it in the engine. Remember, about 2/3 of the energy released in the engine is lost as heat (through the radiator or out the exhaust) rather than as mechanical energy to move the car. So, if you use 3 units of energy to generate hydrogen (assuming 100% efficiency on generating the hydrogen, which is certainly optimistic), you only get 1 unit of mechanical energy back (which is what you use to both move the car and run the alternator to generate the electicity for electrolysis). So it is fundamentally impossible (not 'difficult', or 'needs more development') to do what you suggest.

Regarding Stanley Meyer, he's a convicted fraudster. Read more about him here Meyer Bio

It's not the 'oil companies' keeping this from working, it's Mother Nature.
  • nagano89nagano89 Member Posts: 2
    The exhaust would be water vapor, you wouldnt have to worry about it
  • headkeyheadkey Member Posts: 2
    While I can understand a certain amount of skepticism regarding claims that have made regarding alternative energy claims over the years, I quite literally came across this while I was googling Dr. Roger E. Billings. The reason I am responding here is that I have personal knowledge of the veracy of Dr. Billings even after almost 40 years. When I came across these posts, I had to speak up. Perhaps any of you skeptics should google him before you throw unsupported criticism his way and have more than a smidgen of grey matter to hold your ears apart.
  • headkeyheadkey Member Posts: 2
    Although you haven't had a post on this subject since what 2005?, it does seem that every post I encountered in your account history regarding alternative energy for vehicles is opposed to anything other than the status quo. That leads to a question, why do you even comment? Is there something positive that you actually contribute to help wean consumers from Oil dependency?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Perhaps you've heard the rumor that not everything posted on the Internet is true. Therefore, "googling" someone and seeing positive OR negative reviews about him/her in no way ensures that those comments are representative of fact.

If you wish to engage other members in dialogue about this subject, you are more than welcome to do so; however, disparaging remarks about others aren't tolerated. Please remember that there are a wide variety of opinions, and the possibility exists that not everyone has the same viewpoint or oil dependency-reduction goals as you may have.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• momaxmomax Member Posts: 1
    Long before the US started having problems I got a loan. I ask those who are not a nieve. Why would a bank eagerly loan $6,000.00 to someone for their research if it was a scam. Lets face it, theres believers and non believers. I choose a more positive servey. Not a hear say.
    Momax, you sound like an HHO believer (note, HHO has nothing to do with 'hydrogen fuel cell cars'). You might want to drop by the HHO thread: HHO Kits-Do they really work?
  • wozerdwozerd Member Posts: 2
    Hello all.
    Forgive me, this has been piling up inside me for-- years. Today, I watched T Boone Pickens going on and on about wind power and natural gas. I have read about plug in's, Hybrids and such, Hydrogen cell, natural gas, Bio fuels, wind power and solar power.
    Let's keep it simple. I will assume we all know the basic concepts, benefits and drawbacks of each form of providing usable power. I have read, more than once and heard that if we were to convert every square inch of available space to solar and/or wind power, we still couldn't meet more than 20% of this countrys energy needs.
    We talk about electric vehicles. Plug ins. We talk about Hybrids. Both have, currently, severe drawbacks. The plug ins drawback is-- the plug. The Hybrid (aside from the manufacturing process and accompanying pollution) is that it runs on the gas motor whenever you turn on the heater, run on the expressway or, (for now) turn on the air conditioner.
    At the risk of throwing away a chance to be wealthy for my idea-- which I cannot believe is "my" idea alone-- why can't we make an electric car that runs on batteries, with a kerosene furnace for heat (the VW 412 had it in the early 70's. it ran off gasoline from the gas tank) and a RV camper refrigerator style air conditioner?
    But, I'm not done.
    California already has a problem with brown outs when everyone kicks on the home air conditioners. Whats going to happen when everyone gets home from work and plugs in ther Chevy Volt at 5PM?
    How far can you go in a Chevy Volt? What if you want to take a 600 mile trip? What do you do, stop and plug it in for 4 hours?
    Imagine this: Your driving along on the expressway, the volt meter shows you are getting low. Up ahead, you see a gas station. You exit the expressway, pull into the gas station and, instead of pulling up to the gas pump, you pull up to a long rack that stands next to a wind generator and topped off with a solar panel.
    An attendant comes out. You throw a positive lock switch. Your electric car is now only powerd by a low voltage battery that keeps the computer, radio memory and instrument cluster powered up.
    You reach down and pull a lever-- just like the lever you pull to release your trunk or hood. The attendant unplugs the battery pack, flips the latches holding the battery pack in place and attaches a hook to the pack strap. Using an electric hoist, he lifts out the battery pack, swings it over to an open slot in the rack, sides it onto the rack rollers and shoves it back with a clunk. A green light next to that slot starts flashing green. The connection is made, the battery pack is getting re-charged.Then he takes that hook, walks over to another slot in the rack, attaches the hook to a battery pack with a solid green light, pulls out a fully charged pack, sits it in your car, latches the battery pack tightly in place, reconnects the plugs and slams your hood shut. He then walks to your window, takes your $20.00 credit card or cash. You flip that positive lock switch in your car, your instrument cluster lights up and tells you you are good to go and you're off! As technology improves, you might be able to go 200 or 300 miles before you need to get another pack.
    Got a big SUV or high performance car? Well, you might need to buy two or three battery packs. That's the price you pay for your big SUV or hot rod car! For most of us, in a sub compact size car, like a Corolla, Focus or Civic, one pack is enough-- thank you very much! When you do get home, you plug in your electric car to a solar powered charging station or the house current, just to "top off the tank" so to speak.
    The one thing that needs to change is-- all manufacturers will need to standardize the battery pack and the receptacle. They do it now for fuel tank fill necks, it wouldn't be hard at all.
    Think of it along the lines of a barbecue propane tank exhange or a welding torch tank exhange-- no different.
    New technology? I'm all for it. But, before we go jumping into new technology with no certain outcome, why don't we use what we know works? This would work. Battery packs avialable at gas stations. Recharged with solar cells or wind turbines-- or, right off the grid. Got an old gas powered car? Buy gas. Got an electric car? Exhange a battery pack!
    A plain old, current technology battery pack and one, two or four current technology electric motors could be installed in an existing body vehicle, take you at least 100 miles and be-- of all things-- PRACTICAL!! And, it wouldn't cost $40K or require years and millions of dollars worth of R & D.
    If Ford comes out with a new electric motor that has more power and better range, whats the difference between that and trading in your old OHV gas guzzler V8 for a new 4 cylinder DOHC?
    If new battery packs come out that last longer with more power, whats the difference between that and buying premium gas or, (for those of you that remember) the switch over from leaded to unleaded fuel? Until the old style batterys have worn out and are no longer available, you get a choice. heck, they could discount them for us cheapskates that would pay $10.00 to go 100 miles rather than $20.00-$25.00 to go 250 miles with the new type battery pack.

What's stopping this from happening? Technology? No-- we have it. Cost? The gas station owners will see the writing on the wall and invest in the "pack rack" and charging system. Just like they invested in gas pumps and storage tanks out in front of their blacksmith shops in the early 1900's.

I have looked, I have asked. No one seems to be able to tell me why this isn't feasable and do-able in a very short time. Maybe some one here can.
    That's why I'm posting this-- I gotta know! Am I a visionary or am I just simple minded?
    Thanks for letting me rant. I just had to do it.

Wozerd
  • explorer82591explorer82591 Member Posts: 1
    IM SORRY TO INTERRUPT BUT WILL SOMEONE, ANYONE PLZ TELL ME HOW TO ERASE MY ACCOUNT ON THIS.
  • motorbuffmotorbuff Member Posts: 4
    Brazil has already converted to ethanol fuel. The German V2 rockets ran on a mix of 75% ethanol and 25% water. The water was there to cool down the combustion temperature. Converted to steam, the water contributed to the overall propulsion and captured heat energy at very low cost.

The problem with hydrogen is its current ridiculous cost, a safety issue that will not go away and the lack of an existing network to make it available as well as no easy path for conversion of an enormous fleet of cars and trucks. Ethanol's cost factors are already within reason, has no more of a safety issue than gasoline, can utilize the same network of gas stations for distribution, is much, much cleaner than gasoline and more environmentally sound, and allows for a gradual conversion from gasoline to ethanol. Existing engines are already redesigned ("flex-fuel") to accept ethanol as the primary fuel.

Ethanol also allows for a mixture of gasoline and ethanol, along with water that will work efficiently at acceptable costs and once engines are designed to handle it at proper high compression ratios, the fuel mileage and performance will improve.

The hydrogen fuel cell proposal is made by oil companies who stand to lose significant market share in an ethanol based scenario. You'll recall that the Executive Branch of government was particularly biased in favor of Big Oil when the Hydrogen Fuel Cell idea was put forth.

You can expect the Hydrogen Fuel Cell will be very, very slow to develop for political and economic reasons that have little to do with safety and emissions and much to do with where the money flows.
  • carpedrewumcarpedrewum Member Posts: 17
    H20 is water, its the combination of hydrogen and water, it's also a by-product of a hydrogen fueled car (instead of carbon emissions, water comes out of the exhaust).
    Hydrogen is an element, I think the expense comes from extracting the pure hydrogen from wherever it is found and then further purifying, refining and preparing it for use by a hydrogen engine.
  • goldenfuelgoldenfuel Member Posts: 3
    While the foregoing significantly affects the chain of production of alternative vehicles and of relative little use of alternative fuel in the broad sense, they are not in its strict sense. But conventional gasoline, while not forbidden, is something not favored. Such use, should, whenever possible, be avoided and prevented.

Hybrid-electric vehicles (HEVs) combine the benefits of gasoline engines and electric motors and can be configured to obtain different objectives, such as improved fuel economy, increased power, or additional auxiliary power for electronic devices and power tools.

This discussion has been closed.