Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Accord Future Models

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    eldainoeldaino Member Posts: 1,618
    Civics the Si actually got better mileage than the EX in every day driving.

I never got better than 30mpg in the Civic in every day driving. Seemed to me the engine was always revving pretty high in all situations, although it could have been the way I drove it.

the si revs freely to 8000rpms....

going by your logic, it should get considerably worse than an ex civic. :confuse:
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Hahaha, true enough!

I'm all legs.

In some other Accord forums, people are upset that they can't fit in an Accord with a sunroof. I have no problem with it because my torso is relatively short.
  • Options
    jsmith1975jsmith1975 Member Posts: 22
    Taken from a Honda-UK site.

Accord Diesel US-MPG numbers with a manual transmission.

City - 33 US MPG
    Hwy - 52 US MPG

Sounds good to me.
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Think you musta meant 42 US highway?
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    The mileage may not be accurate at all considering the are talking about UK cars since the US versions do not exist.
    However, 52 could be right considering 60+ was bandied about earlier. People will not be impressed by 42 MPG highway after looking at a big price premium.
  • Options
    I think 52 was right. I just went to Honda UK and the combined mpg is 52 brit. So 52 x .8 apprx =42 US combined. But....their accord is smaller w/ a 2.2 diesel. Think our diesel will be 2.4 + the US Accord is larger. I think the diesel premium may be about $1500. I certainly plan to buy one. I'll just get it in the CRV. Don't want 194" in my garage.
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    No use at guessing what pricing might be without facts.
    In addition, the pricing difference will be much bigger than MSRP shows if you can buy a 2009 LX gas 4 cylinder for $500 over invoice and have to pay around full sticker for a 2009 diesel that year if they are built in low numbers.
  • Options
    I'll probably try to wait 'em out till I can get a reasonable deal.
This discussion has been closed.