Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Saab 9-3 SportCombi

1235»

Comments

• Options
    jgd1jgd1 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2007 9.3 SportCombi Aero. So far, so good, after a couple of weeks. Car did not come with the drop-in cargo cover (noted in the owner's manual as "cargo guard"). SaabUSA and CARid on-line sell a cargo guard, but it's a wire cargo separator, not a cover. Any suggestions on where I can find one? Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    mikerbmikerb Member Posts: 1
    My cruise control shuts off and is unusable at times. 2 Saab dealers have no idea what is causing it. Sometimes turning on brights will disconnect the cruise control. Other times the set won't work or decelerate won't work. Anyone have similar issues? What was done to correct?
  • Options
    cdndrivercdndriver Member Posts: 86
    My Subaru is coming off lease and they don't make the model I like anymore. My wife has always liked Saabs.
    I've never owned one. What is the situation with Saab now. Are they going under, being sold, what's up. I don't know if it's a good time to lease one with the future so uncertain for them.
    Looking over the forum, it also seems like they're prone to lots of problems.
    A friend used to say to me, "I love my Saab, when I get to drive it."
    I'm thinking of the awd 9 3 wagon.
    thanks,
    cdndriver
  • Options
    british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Saab is being purchased by koenigsegg and the purchase should be completed by the end of the year.

You can't lease Saabs right now. If you have to lease your next car and won't consider just buying one then you need to look elsewhere. Leasing is still very tough right now and until more lease support comes from koenigsegg, because GM is providing no lease support now, a Saab is too expensive to lease.

Back a couple of years ago a 9-3 would lease between 350 and 450 a month for a regular lease. Now if you wanted to lease the exact same car the lease would be 750 plus. It makes no sense.
  • Options
    cdndrivercdndriver Member Posts: 86
    Hi,
    Thanks for the feedback. I stopped by a Saab dealer today while my Subie was being serviced. He said they aren't getting any cars so it's really hard to find anything until the new company gets going. He did have a fully loaded 9-3 v6 aero. really nice, but way too much for me. He also had several sedans which were also really nice. His best deals were demos which had low kilometres, but I've always been told to steer clear of them. They have huge discounts right now, but that's because the lease rate is between 6-9 and 7%. Insane.
    So I don't think I can do it. Too bad. I've always wanted to try one. I can't afford to buy one right now.
    :cry:
    cheers,
    Cdndriver
  • Options
    fritzel67fritzel67 Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever get an answer for this? I have the same issue on my 2005 9-3 SS.

I ran across a replacement turn signal stalk at eeuroparts.com for $30 which I may try. On another forum they recommended checking some sort of switch near the brake pedal. However from what you describe (and my problem as well) I am leaning toward some sort of short in the stalk itself.
  • Options
    pipskis93pipskis93 Member Posts: 1
    I hink I have this exact same fault with my 2008 Saab 93.

The cruise stopped working, would not set or resume reliably, if it did set then it would cancel itself and slow from highway speeds without warning - not a great feeling and potentially dangerous.

Took it to the dealer 1 week after I bought it and they said they can't fault it, it's working fine - and it did work fine for a week then today it failed again after 120 miles or so of highway speeds on cruise.

I have noticed that it cancels if i go over the slightest bump in the road so I tested setting it then tapping the indicator stalk and yep it cancels, tested tapping steering wheel on the left side near the indicator stalk and yep it cancels.

I'm thinking it needs a new stalk first of all and then if that doesn't cure it the mount for the stalk at the base of the steering wheel.

As I've only had the car for 3 weeks now it's going back tomorrow under warranty. Will hopefully let you know how that goes.
  • Options
    fritzel67fritzel67 Member Posts: 2
    Hey, thanks much for updating me with your progress.

I will be quite interested to hear what you find out as I have yet to replace my turn signal stalk. I'm still guessing that will solve the problem.

Good luck and keep me posted.
  • Options
    seapalseapal Member Posts: 6
    the posts on this forum helped convince me to buy a new '09 sportcombi, one of the last in the middle atlantic states, $12k discount, etc. Had it now 72 hrs and it rides better than any car i've owned, including mercedes, VW, acura and others. Love the acceleration, high speed lane change, stable ride feel at high speeds, and simplicity of internal controls. bluetooth set up was easy and system functions well. visibility and weight distribution seems very good. comfortable seating and multi adjustment possibilities helps this old back of mine. Although front dash cup holder seems wobbly and fragile, the rest of the experience is far above my expectations.

i would definitely recommend this vehicle to others and look forward to sharing my advice and receiving help from other forum members in the future. :)
  • Options
    ambulldogambulldog Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2007 9.3 Aero and the front air dam (?) is cracked and chipped and loose, other the car is pristine. Has anyone replaced one of these? Idea on pricing?
  • Options
    jackimac1jackimac1 Member Posts: 1
    I have spoken to the Saab dealership about brake pads on my front brakes, but they stated they have to replace the rotors and the pads. Is this normal or is the dealership looking to make more money?
This discussion has been closed.