Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

6-Passenger Hybrids? Do they exist?

eddymejiaeddymejia Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Toyota
Anyone know if they have any 6-passenger hybrids that are not SUV? I seen 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid Extended Cab that says it is 6-passenger but the milage is only 18/21 which I don't think is very good for a hybrid. Are there any more options other then 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid? or are anyone know if they are going to come up with one next year?

Comments

• Options
    stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "Anyone know if they have any 6-passenger hybrids that are not SUV? "

Huh? There are very few vehicles of ANY type that can seat six and are not SUVs. The only ones I can think of off hand are the big pickups, the Ford Freestyle, and the DMC Pacifica. The latter two are car based, but need a third row to seat six.

I own the FreeStyle and it seats 7 - including adults in the 3rd row. No hybrid option, however.
  • Options
    eddymejiaeddymejia Member Posts: 2
    Yes but I want a Hybrid Car or Hybrid truck tha seats 6. Also has to have good gas mileage. Thanks for you reply. I own a chevy impala that seats 6, it is nice and pretty good on gas, but not as good as hybrids.
  • Options
    "Yes but I want a Hybrid Car or Hybrid truck tha seats 6. Also has to have good gas mileage."

You are out of luck. Does not exist.
  • Options
    gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    If you can wait till this Fall the Chrysler Pacifica should be out with the BluTec Diesel from Mercedes. I would think it will get at least 30 MPG on the highway and it seats 6 people. If you want more luxury the "R" Class Mercedes seats 6 in real comfort and will offer the diesel this fall also.
  • Options
    landdriverlanddriver Member Posts: 607
    "Are there any more options other then 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid?"

Note the 7-passenger Highlander Hybrid is a car-based SUV and thus it's more like a wagon or minivan than a true truck-based off-road SUV. Posters here report getting ~25mpg in mixed city/highway driving. However the third row seats are cramped and thus only appropriate for small kids or adults on short trips.
  • Options
    Well, he specified no SUVs, so I didn't suggest the HH.
  • Options
    I seen 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid Extended Cab that says it is 6-passenger but the milage is only 18/21 which I don't think is very good for a hybrid.

I nurse mine around town and get about 15 MPG. The best I have gotten is 18.89 MPG on a trip to the desert. I only have 3600 miles and it is just one year old.
  • Options
    landdriverlanddriver Member Posts: 607
    "Well, he specified no SUVs, so I didn't suggest the HH."

Some people picture mud-caked jeep-like 4x4s when they hear the term "SUV," so just wanted to familiarize eddymejia with the Highlander in case he hadn't seen one yet.

Sounds like what he really wants is a large sedan hybrid, which don't exist yet.
  • Options
    If you can find a Ford Crown Victoria with CNG option. Then you can be even more green than a hybrid. I think they dropped that option. You could get a flex fuel Crown Vic and be sort of yellowish green.... :)

I think you are going to have as much trouble as I have finding a diesel in a Ranger size PU truck. I have only been waiting since 1999 for them to arrive.
  • Options
    "I think you are going to have as much trouble as I have finding a diesel in a Ranger size PU truck. I have only been waiting since 1999 for them to arrive."

Wow, trying to fit 6 people in a ranger sized PU would be very interesting.
  • Options
    They all have to be little people mind you. :shades:

Six passenger vehicles were the norm for a long time. Now I think they put bucket seats in just about every car. I don't see anyone considering a hybrid for that 6 passenger configuration. And the back seat in a Highlander might as well be tossed out.
This discussion has been closed.