Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

New Pacifica Owners - Give Us Your Report

13»

Comments

• Options
    barberplusbarberplus Member Posts: 2
    well i have a 2005 pac love the all the inside options (Fully loaded) but been having a problem with this pig suck quarts of oil......1/2 quart at 500 miles in....1 quart 1000 miles in......2 quart short at 1500 miles motor ticks at ruff.....1000 miles thats how i know the pig is thirsty...... :mad: i went to the dealer and was told it was normal burning..... :mad: my 99 ford dont burn a 1/2 quart in six thousad so im realy pissed. when on my last nerve i told the dealer i would let the motor go then they would have to fix it they called me back and told me the warenty i purchased three months before was non transferable come get your money funny that it took 3 months to figure that f*ck chrysler. :mad: :confuse:
  • Options
    faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    I am asuming you bought this Pac used, and from a Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep dealership. Did you buy a Chrysler Service Contract? If not and you still can get one do it asap.

Never is the oil consumption you state within Chrysler guidlines!

Did they have you do an oil change and seal the oil cap, and have you drive and come back and check the oil level? If not then go to the service manager and tell him that's what you want to prove you oil consumption problem. If all else fails call 1800 992 1997, speak to to customer care.

By the way how many miles on your Pac? The 3.8 engine is a push rod engine and can use more oil than the 3.5 engine. I think the 3.5 is the better of the two myself. But that is debatable.

Hope this helps, let me know how this turns out.

farout
  • Options
    barberplusbarberplus Member Posts: 2
    Well i thought i bought the or transferred the warenty but comes to find out that they either never put it threw or are trying to push me over by telling me that my car was not eligible after having my money for 4 months. And i did have the oil monitored and at a quart short at a thousand miles the manager told me to ad oil i laughed he told me i should carry an extra jug in my trunk..... tried calling star no luck.
  • Options
    jaffe801jaffe801 Member Posts: 1
    Well when I purchased my Pacifica back in 2008 I was actually working at the Larry H Miller Chrysler&Jeep Dealer me and my wife both agreed on getting the Pacifica at the time it had the space we needed for the kids but now just recently my Vehicle started to run like crap it first started out with the car would die when I push on the breaks to come to a stop or sometimes when i'm driving I can feel the vehicle like it wanted to die and now it's there is something new now it is having trouble trying to start and it's driving me nuts and I really don't want to take it in to get service cause i know i'll get charged an arm and a leg just for them to let it sit in the shop for 4 hours than finally take a look at it which it'll probably only take 30mins to look at it. if anyone has any ideas to work on a pacifica please post back i would rather take the time fix it my self than take it in... lol I no longer work for Larry H Miller but if I did I would diffinitly NOT RECOMMEND THIS VEHICLE TO ANYONE it is a big pain in the but
  • Options
    faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    Our 2007 has done pretty well and we did get the LifeTime Powertarin Warranty, and the LifeTime Max Care Service Contract> I have kept every repair or part put on our PAc. We now have 116,400 miles on it. If we had just a regular 100,000 mile warranty I would have most likely traded it in, because I really want as much warranty repair covered as possible.

We bought our PAC Aug. 31, 2007. I have very serious health problems and we put on at least 2,500 miles a month and we need a very dependable allwheel drive vehicle. So the PACfits out need.

There are some who have had very poor service from the problems they have had with their PAC. Most of those with really serious issues had a 2007, as it was the very first year for the 4. L engine and the 6 speed automatic transmission. That's a lot to be new in a vehicle. By the way the 4. L engine ended production in 2010 and it was in the Caravan and Town & Country. Now they all have the 3.6 L DOHC that really is quick and does real well in mpg.

I think your best be is to have the dealer check it out at another dealer other than the one you mentioned. Ihpe this helps and all works out for you.
  • Options
    jtg61jtg61 Member Posts: 43
    I purchased a brand new 2008 Pacifica Touring WP Chrysler Signature Series in March 2009. It sat on the dealer's lot since it was manufactured in October 2007. It only has 33,000 miles on it today and is still under the original 3/36 warranty, probably one of the last Pacifica's still under the original 3/36 warranty.

The 2008 model year has a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty for the original owner. If you are the original owner, I would take it to the dealer because it could be a powertrain issue. There is a $0 deductible on the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. This is why I plan on keeping my Pacifica for a lifetime. All original Pacifica owners with a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty have a real gift from Chrysler. I would hang on to your Pacifica and utilize your Lifetime Powertrain Warranty.
  • Options
    belaircarguybelaircarguy Member Posts: 107
    Do you still have your 2008 Pacifica? I am looking at a 2008 Pacifica with 60,000 miles as a vehicle for my daughter to take to college. She goes to school across the country, so looking for a comfortable, safe, and reliable car to carry cargo to college and have her safe driving there.

Bel Air Car Guy.
  • Options
    jtg61jtg61 Member Posts: 43
    Bel Air Car Guy, I still own my 2008 Pacifica. It has 44,800 miles and runs excellent. No issues other than replacing the car battery. It still gets decent gas mileage; 27 highway-23 combined according to the computer. I have moved my daughter to Canada, Tennessee, and Michigan in it. I have moved myself from St. Louis to Florida in it. It can carry a lot of stuff. I am still very happy with it. They finally got everything right with the 2008 Pacifica. Best of luck, jtg61