Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volkswagen Rabbit MPG - real world numbers

13»

Comments

• Options
    myershiftmyershift Member Posts: 7
    My 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit (Golf) features the 170hp version of the 2.5L Inline 5 engine found in Jettas and Rabbits in North America. It is the 3-door hatch and has the standard 5-speed manual transmission which is a delight to use compared to that in the Mazda3 which I found to be slightly rubbery in comparison.
    My car already has over 22,000 miles on the clock (I bought it brand new in January of 2008) since I drive all over the place and my fuel mileage in mixed driving with my heavy foot has averaged around 25/26 miles per gallon.

My best fuel mileage came about on a 63 miles per hour road trip to Indianapolis, Indiana, the drives in the city there, and a 63 mph drive back to Coldwater, Michigan in which my car averaged 30.5 miles per gallon, or roughly 31 mpg!

Could efficiency be better? Of course. But it's not nearly as bad as others have claimed here. Bring on the TDI's!
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in talking with owners of a 2008 or 2009 Volkswagen Rabbit who are also parents. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to jwahl@edmunds.com no later than Monday, November 3, 2008 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.