Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Accent Electrical and Lighting Questions

eskool16eskool16 Member Posts: 2
Hi everyone,
i have a 2001 accent, and recently when i turn the headlights on, the dashboard lights barely light up. Essentially, when i drive at night, i cannot see the odometer or how much gas i have at night.

is this a sign that i need knew headlights or need something else replaced? please let me know your opinion if you have a second. i don't want to get ripped off since i'm a young female who's obviously clueless about cars.

also, doeso this seem like something i would need to fix at a hyundai dealership or any mechanic could take care of.

thanks you SO much for your time and any input.
elizabeth

Comments

• Options
    moron101moron101 Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like maybe your dimmer switch needs to be turned up? Otherwise, maybe a fuse for your dashboard lights is blown. If both suggestions does not yield results, you most probably have an electrical problem – time to take it back to the dealer (hopefully you still have warranty).

-- Richard
  • Options
    kiaownerskiaowners Member Posts: 1
    Hello.

Has anyone had any problems with the ESC light and locking brakes (car grinding to an immediate halt/stop)?

Thank you.
  • Options
    hyundai911hyundai911 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 hyundai accent manual transmission that blows the ecu fuse 1 when driving. It will sputter through shifting. Need help figuring what is wrong?
  • Options
    hinoonhinoon Member Posts: 2
    Greetings

Have a 99 Accent and recently I'm getting an electical surge that has a wining sound and the dash and headlights brighten up plus I loose engine power. Any guesses. I think it could be the voltage regulator but it's not my expertise. Thanks for any help.

Cheers
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I just noticed this question. The Accent doesn't have ESC, at least in North America. Does your Accent have ESC??
  • Options
    hinoonhinoon Member Posts: 2
    Sorry, don't know what an ESC is. Anything else you might think the problem is?

Thank for replying
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I wasn't replying to your post.
  • Options
    darbruskidarbruski Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem with a 95. My problem began when the heat shield for the manifold fell and melted some wires that are controlled my the ECU. Another place to look is the rear oxygen sensor. There is a plastic bracket holding the wires in place. If this breaks, the wires will drop and rest against the right axel. This will wear the protection sleeve away and expose the wires to create a short.
  • Options
    jonny300000jonny300000 Member Posts: 4
    eletrical surge. check all the grounds, mine was bad neg, battery cable..
  • Options
    edro911edro911 Member Posts: 2
    how do i change license plate bulbs on a 2005 hyundai accent
  • Options
    anlianli Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,
    I have exactly the same problem and in the last few days one of my lights have stopped working, i am a women and as you know we are useless when it comes to cars. I have changed the bulb and the fuse but it still does not work, all i can think is that there is a problem with the electrics.
    I thought the noise was my fanbelt?
    Please let me know if you find out. Thanks
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    My daughters car has a problem when it gets real hot down here in South Florida and it happens on a irregular basis. The key fob won't open the doors and she must use the key to get in. And then the car won't start for a few minutes once she gets inside...very frustrating for her and if I take it into the dealer, if they can't duplicate the problem, they'll do nothing.

Will be getting the windows tinted soon and hopefully, that will solve the problem. But if anyone else has had a similar problem, please give me a holler! Thanks all.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    I have one car where the fob needs to be "reset" every once in a while. I hadn't thought about it being heat related, but it could be. I know that I had to change batteries in the fob (which could have been heat affecting the batteries.

In any event, when my fob acts up and won't open the doors, I push and hold all three buttons on the fob to reset it and it works just fine again. You might try asking the dealer what you need to do to set the fob to work with the car (just as if you had to replace the fob and set the new one to match your car) and see if that gets you back on track.

I'm assuming that her car is one where you need to fob to start the car as well, and that the problem MAY simply be with the fob and not the car itself.
  • Options
    leighlileighli Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 99 Accent and when mine did that it was the alternator. Had it replaced and problem solved.