Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

H2 Tires and Wheels

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited March 2014 in HUMMER
Got tire questions? Tire pressure sensor acting up? Ruined rims? Ask here.

Comments

• Options
    humveehumvee Member Posts: 1
    I have a stock height 2005 Hummer H2 SUV and I was wanting to put Incubus Torment 20x10 wheels with an offset of 25 and Mickey Thompson 36x15.50x20 Baja ATZ radials tires. I was wondering if I would need to put a lift kit on it, or get a front end leveling system ( that would raise it 2.5 inches in the front,(if those work)) or what I would need to do to get that package on there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    hummergalhummergal Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 H2 and a 26' enclosed snowmobile trailer to pull (over a mtn pass). The 'Mer pulls the trailer without breaking a sweat but gets squirrley on ice. I would like to find some narrow wheels so I can put on some narrower (275-ish) snow tires. These stock tires are like pontoons and don't dig in. Any ideas where to find these wheels?
  • Options
    mac24mac24 Member Posts: 3,910
    You'll probably want to look at base model GM trucks for the narrowest rims with the same PCD stud spacing. Obviously you've considered tire chains as an alternative?
  • Options
    tired_old_davetired_old_dave Member Posts: 710
    Hey Steve, why can't you add this same topic to the H3 Forums? Kumo's seem to have smaller tread width. Don't the H2's come with the much loved bfg ko's? what's the problem??
  • Options
    We have a Hummer H3 wheels & tires discussion - we'll rename that to be consistent with this one. Unless you want to see them merged?
  • Options
    Steve, H3 and H2 (and H1 :)) wheels are very different. I don't see how merging the two discussions will help anything.
  • Options
    Just checking. ;)
  • Options
    tired_old_davetired_old_dave Member Posts: 710
    Sorry I missed the H3 discussion. mac24 is correct. No merge needed. H3'ers seem to go to Toyo 35's, especially after the race results. We will stay with 33's, stay stock and leave the rock crawling/mudding to the younger generations. B_H's H3 is commute, go anywhere, anytime, any road conditions or lack of road.
  • Options
    detroitlionsdetroitlions Member Posts: 21
    anybody have any idea what i can go with as far as big terrain tire and size for my 2003 hummer?
  • Options
    37x12.5x17 should fit without a lift, but you can't go any wider without rubbing.
This discussion has been closed.