Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Honda CR-V color pick

kazzikazzi Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Honda
i am a newbie here.my sister is buying a 2007 CRV this month and she's asking me which is the most suitable color for the new CRV.
I would like to consider from each one of u ur preferences and a little say on the color uv chosen.thank u very much for ur reply!

Comments

• Options
    carfreak8carfreak8 Member Posts: 58
    I really like the dark blue but it only offers the charcoal interior and a black floor which is asking to be filthy. The dark blue looks good because you cannotsee the plastic bottoms. So I am going to get the silver because it looks classy and rich. I would also consiter the white exterior
  • Options
    daryll44daryll44 Member Posts: 307
    Silver is the best color if you plan to keep it for the long haul, as it always looks new and looks fairly clean except under the nastiest conditions.
  • Options
    al63017al63017 Member Posts: 149
    My two cents.

The tea green is a one year color probably and will not be as popular over time. (According to the dealer)

I too hate black or gray interior so I got the Borregio Beige I think it is called which looks nothing like the color in the crv brochure. It is my third car that color not in a row and I always like it because it never looks dirty, the interior is a light cool in hot temperature color. I would call in a light metallic tan color which has the very slightest hint of green in some light. That may just be an illusion on my part.

Had lots of white cars and always like them but maybe only gray interior. Had a few black but thought crv did not look very good in black.

It is such a personal decision but you will enjoy whatever you choose.
  • Options
    lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    Unless you want gray or black upholstery, Honda doesn't give one much choice. The exterior color didn't matter much to me, except for the green--no way. But since I didn't want black leather seats and the gray leather looked, well, lifeless, I ended up with the beige.

In any color, the CR-V is a winner. No buyer's remorse here.
  • Options
    terry92270terry92270 Member Posts: 1,247
    Green seems to be something people really get riled up about. You either love it, or hate it. The current CRV green looks sick on the website, but in person I liked it. And I am soooo done with black leather and carpets! Impossible to keep it looking clean without employing a chauffeur.

Green is something all manufacturers provide year in, and year out, with differing success. Colors are dictates of a style board (yes, its true) chosen a year or two in advance, and the paint manufacturers and decorators choose between the new offerings, and that is what we see.

Henry Ford seems to have the final say about interior colors...you can have any color you want, so long as it is black! :P
  • Options
    thank u very much for all ur opinions. its nice to think about something and consider other people's perspective too! im really learning a lot from forums here. please continue to post if u have anything to say here.
  • Options
    ea1420ea1420 Member Posts: 22
    I loved the green in person, but I think it will date the car sooner than necessary. So I went with silver. I figure I'm not going to be looking at it anyway.
  • Options
    greenteacrvgreenteacrv Member Posts: 22
    I purchased a Green Tea Metallic EX-L 4WD with the Ivory leather interior. I am not too concerned with this color becoming dated as I plan on keeping the "V" for 10 years and at that point as a used vehicle the color won't be such an issue....the condition of the vehicle will.
  • Options
    cconwillcconwill Member Posts: 14
    I also chose green tea metallic and I love it. It doesn't show the dust as much as a dark red or blue, and is more exciting than a gold or silver. I have a jacket in the same shade of green and get a lot of jokes of mathing the car to my wardrobe.
  • Options
    dewaltdakotadewaltdakota Member Posts: 364
    I have the Glacier Blue Metallic, which looks horrid on Honda's website (it looks dark grey, there). In person, it's a very nice bluish silver metallic. I really like the color, and so does everyone else I've shown it to.

If you check out my CR-V's carspace album, you can get a much better idea of what the color really looks like.
  • Options
    thanks man! ive actually been choosing between this glacier blue or silver metallic, i think my sis is getting the glacier, same as urs...thanks for the very nice pictures! i like the background as well :) i am really liking the crv as well, i figured out i might be getting one in time :)
  • Options
    drive62drive62 Member Posts: 637
    Nice pic. Is it just me (probably) but it looks very BMW like to me.
  • Options
    Thanks for the compliments, y'all. I think it definitely looks more upscale than its predecessors.
  • Options
    snoopy21snoopy21 Member Posts: 114
    if i recall correctly, honda started the modern green trend back in 1988 with the accord coupe in "monterey green". for at the least the 10 years prior to that, you hardly ever saw green cars. i remember how unique it was at the time because i was actively shopping for a new car at that time. what was funny though was that the frist two months, practically no one wanted the monterey green but, after that, it became the absolute hardest color to get.
  • Options
    ptsmommyptsmommy Member Posts: 15
    Ordered my red CRV about 2 weeks ago and am awaiting shipment. My kids voted for white and black, respectively (4 and 12 yr old)...but I've always wanted a red car...

so this is my plunge..it's also been nearly 14 years since I had a new car so, what the heck.

As an aside, the showroom CRV was teagreen and looked lovely, in my opinion. I saw one out on the road last weekand the color looked...totally different and i just didn't care for it. Hopefully I won't say the same thing about the red...but we'll see!

Enjoy your new cars!
  • Options
    what the heck?! the colors in the brochure look one way (nice), the colors on the CR-V website look another (awful!), and the colors in person are even more different! i thought the green tea metallic looked really nice in the brochure but i just looked at one on the dealer lot and don't care for it. the glacier blue looks purplish in photos. it seems that every dealer here has dark blue and black in stock but i'd rather not have the dark colors where i live. the beige is actually the best color, IMHO but i can't seem to do it as i have a stigma about only old ladies drive gold-colored cars (i KNOW that is not true but i can't help it). i love silver but our other vehicle is already silver. what to do? what to do?
  • Options
    when i check out the edmunds TMV for the 2007 CR-Vs, they include a color adjustment. i'm assuming this is somehow related to market demand for the various colors. for my zip code (95814), it goes like this:

glacier blue -62
    red -55
    silver +5
    white +31
    green tea +31
    black +64
    beige +82
    royal blue +91

on way to interpret this is that glacier blue is either the least popular and/or the easiet to get out here (i think honda tends to send more of the trendy colors to california than any other state) and that royal blue is the most sought-after or the hardest to get. i've noticed at all the fully-accessorized CR-Vs i've seen are either black or royal blue (for whatever reason) and all those accessories (chrome wheels, side steps, spoilers, etc.) drive up the average selling price of those colored cars. what do you think?
  • Options
    I think the market adjustment for color is regionally-based, or at least, it should be. For instance, it would be much harder for you to sell a black or royal blue CR-V in Florida than a white, silver or glacier blue one. Along those lines, it would be harder to sell the lighter colored ones up north.

For my area (Powhatan, Virginia, 23139), the color adjustments are as follows:
    Borrego Beige Metallic -$15
    Glacier Blue Metallic +$31
    Green Tea Metallic -$5
    Nighthawk Black Pearl +$0
    Royal Blue Pearl +$36
    Taffeta White -$64
    Tango Red Pearl +$63
    Whistler Silver Metallic -$5

Okay... per Edmunds...
    Color Adjustment
    The price of a new vehicle may differ based on your choice of color and the area in which you are looking for this color. TMV® uses actual transaction data to calculate this adjustment.
  • Options
    well, after initially declaring that borrego beige metallic color was the color i least wanted, i'm eating my words because it became the color i liked the most on the CR-V and was the color i eventually bought. it's actually not quite 'gold', being lighter with a hint of green.

i love how the green tea metallic looked in the brochure but i could never see one in person whereas i actually saw a couple of beige ones driving around and i was surprised at how nice it looked. :blush:
  • Options
    nearmspnearmsp Member Posts: 90
    Hey, thanks for the photo!
    Actually I too like this one. My wife likes the silver (her current Honda Odyssey van is silver too). Since her second choice is the Beige we decided to look out for a beige one. I did see the green metallic color, but my wife just could not stand it so we compromized on the beige. I would have liked the silver, but the leather seats don't come in ivory and it gets pretty dark in there and the black seats can really heat up in the summer.
  • Options
    supersixonesupersixone Member Posts: 2
    i got the silver metallic, and my mother got glacier blue.
  • Options
    calviccalvic Member Posts: 6
    Well for my money Green Tea is the classiest looking of all the colors. That color pulled me in to look at the CR-V.
    Oh well thats why the paint em up in more than one color!
    JJ
  • Options
    jj, can you do me a favor and post some pics of your green CR-V? i have yet to see one and i'm sure it doesn't really look like the photos in the brochure and the colors depicted on the honda website are way off. thanks.
  • Options
    schedvischedvi Member Posts: 2
    I ordered a Green Tea Metallic. My wife previously owned a 1990 Accord in the Glacier Blue, now she owns a 2000 Accord in the Borregio Tan Metallic. I have a Red Prelude. As you can see, we like to try a new color every time we buy a new Honda.

The green stood out to me because it's not something you see every day, and it seems to change color depending upon the lighting conditions. I've seen a photo on the net of one parked on a dealers lot in the snow on a cloudy day, and it looks like a rich olive/tan. I've seen it on a sunny day and it looks light olive/shimmery, and I've seen it on a sunny day in the shade, when it looks dark forrest green.

I think that no matter what color you go with you'll be happy, but for me, I decided to try something a little bit different, so it was Green Tea for me... :)
  • Options
    schedvischedvi Member Posts: 2
    imageimage
  • Options
    kristiecatkristiecat Member Posts: 3
    My husband and I purchased a Green Tea Metallic two weeks ago. The color does change based on the light-it looks a lot lighter on a sunny day. I like it because it is a color that is very rare in the Houston area. I definitely have no problems finding it in the parking lot at the mall. I also drive a dark green Odyessey and sometimes I find myself trying to get into someone else's van as there are so many dark green ones out there.

I will be honest, at first it took some getting accustomed to, but now we love it. We bought it at night and we thought it looked darker than in the brochures but the color kind of grows on you (pardon the joke). It's the color of nature and trees, very unique shade.
  • Options
    thanks for the pics :) unfortunately, they illustrate exactly what i was talking about! i still can't get a handle for what the green really looks like! LOL in the pics, it looks like two wholly different colors :D
  • Options
    cmkcmk Member Posts: 59
    My first choice was silver, but I've never seen one in person. My dealer has a Glacier Blue. I actually kind of like it. It's silvery, and a little darker than what expect whistler silver to be.

I hate that I'm even asking this, but...

Do you guys find glacier blue metallic to be "gender neutral"?
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    I purchase cars inside out,since I am occupying the interior not the exterior. I want the Ivory interior because it's lighter,brighter,and more pleasant to me. I've had 2 metallic beige and 1 metallic red exteriors. Beige is the easiest color to keep clean or drive dirty @ your option.
  • Options
    If you are concerned re gender of color you have more deep seated issues. :)
  • Options
    I also purchase from the inside out, yet prefer the grey interior over the beige. I determine which exterior color I want, after I narrow down the list, based upon interior color availability.
  • Options
    Only way to fly,toolman.
  • Options
    crv4me1crv4me1 Member Posts: 7
    Definitely want a light interior this time, gray is fine. I first saw the glacier blue and thought it a nice alternative to the ever popular silver. Next I saw the silver and must say it looked classy. I just saw the burgundy red yesterday which looked very cute and sporty.

Sometimes you can grow tired of a color though and it can make a car look dated. As I like all of these colors, which would be the most universally pleasing in the long haul?
  • Options
    vjack1vjack1 Member Posts: 3
    I like the idea of the ivory interior, but I'm worried that it will show dirt much more than the gray or black.
  • Options
    Metallic beige shows the least dirt and has always been popular and you get the light beige interior which I had in 3 different Accords. Beige interior is still the most pleasant to me. Depends on the color of your dirt. :)
  • Options
    I like the idea of the ivory interior, but I'm worried that it will show dirt much more than the gray or black.

i've had all three interior colors. in fact, our current odyssey's interior is gray and our new CR-V's interior is beige. black may hide the dirt but it really shows the dust, which you really can't do much about except for frequent wiping, especially the top of the dash. beige is the opposite...it shows dirt the most but hides dust the best.

i figure the tradeoff like this: i have to take more care to prevent getting the beige interior dirty but, in return, i get a bright and airy cabin. also, i replaced the beige carpet mats with the black all-season mats...the contrast looks great and now i don't worry about getting that part getting dirty.

as for gray, it actually does quite well for hiding dirt and dust. however, i find it drab. with black and beige, when they're dirty, they look awful but when they're clean, they look absolutely fabulous. with gray, regardless of whether it is clean or dirty, it just looks kind of dull all the time. JMHO.
  • Options
    finbar_oharafinbar_ohara Member Posts: 29
    I may be design challenged, but why would Honda not offer Ivory Leather with the Royal Blue exterior. I would order one now if that had that option. Dark blue is my first choice for exterior color and Ivory for interior. I don't want black exterior with Ivory because black exterior is impossible to keep clean where I live. Black interior gets too hot. Grey interior is blahh... I have it now and I am sick of it. Does Honda typically provide more options in they second year of a model? Thx
  • Options
    Your living inside the car. So buy it inside out. My .02.
  • Options
    nancy1097nancy1097 Member Posts: 5
    I really, really wanted to like Green Tea, based on the brochure. When I finally saw it in person, I could only describe it as "asparagus pee." :P
  • Options
    marig0107marig0107 Member Posts: 92
    that is such a personal message. My husband was buying this CRV for me, after years of driving a really crappy dodge. I wanted red so bad and he was going to get it for me. Except when I saw the crv red, I hated it. It was the candy apple one I would have liked. I hated the blue. Too drab for me. White was out of the picture, having driven white for 9 years. And I HATED grey interiors having had that in the van as well. But it seemed like so many of them had the grey, even the too dark red was paired with grey.

So I looked around the web page and the only one intriguing me was the green. Something different and HOT! So when we went to one of the several dealers and saw the green and test drove it, we had to have that color. Funny thig was I'd never have gotten beige interior, having kids and all, but it was too beautiful to pass up grey leather.

Now that I have the green and all the pollen is coming off the trees in srping, I can tell that it wa s agood choice. Not so noticeable, all that pollen. Dirt is not as noticeable.

Have fun deciding. No color is really a bad choice in a vehicle this outstanding!
  • Options
    you are so right! I never thought about green...not in a million years, goign in wanting red as my dream car and seeing that green and just loving it!
  • Options
    oops, I meant I would not pass up beige leather....challenged today....sorry
  • Options
    claudalfaclaudalfa Member Posts: 1
    Color is always and will always be a personal matter
    THis is my 40th car and the first green one
    I like a color that doesn't look dirty like a dark blue or black and the last thing I wanted was a black interior
    So first choice was green and second was beige
    I should be getting the EX L in 3 weeks
  • Options
    congrats!

I never ever thought I'd get green, wanting red so bad, but when I saw that green, it was hot! Hope you love it as much as I do...and yes, it hides dirt well! ;)
  • Options
    aslguyaslguy Member Posts: 6
    I bought my 2007 EX AWD (new, not used) last night and I got the black exterior with the ivory interior. I know I'll have to be extra careful with it, but I love the black exterior (very classy and the mirrors and door handles, while matte, match the car and make it harder to differentiate from the EX-L.

• Options
    very very nice! Glad you are happy with it :shades:
This discussion has been closed.