Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda CX-7 Hinge and Door Problems

jjrico8jjrico8 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Mazda
Does anyone else hear a grinding sound from the doors when they opened and close? I first hear it from the showroom model and I figured the hinges/gides just needed to be lubed. But mine was deliverd the same way? Anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    vbbuiltvbbuilt Member Posts: 498
    Did you, per chance, before taking delivery, tell the service department to fix the problem?

Vince.
  • Options
    jjrico8jjrico8 Member Posts: 2
    The salesman said that it was normal for this car. It didn't seem right which is why I asked. I guess I'll be taking the car back to service.
  • Options
    maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Yes, mine makes noise but I won't take it in for just that. I'll wait for a service.
  • Options
    johnny__rfjohnny__rf Member Posts: 83
    I heard the noise on the driver side plus I felt some resistance so I checked passenger door and encountered same behavior. I assume this is the electrical harness for the doors that is causing the noise/resistance?
  • Options
    kmr5kmr5 Member Posts: 7
    I recently purchased a CX-7 and really like the vehicle. However, I too heard the noise when opening the front doors and asked to have this fixed. The service response was that the doors were lubed, but the noise is normal on this vehicle. That did not sound correct to me, but it seems others in this thread have heard the same thing.
  • Options
    I had my car in for the CEL, and based on a previous service request from a few months ago, the service department proactively told me that they recently received a notice that there are now replacement parts for the rubbing front door noise. They ordered the parts and will let me know when they arrive. I have been very impressed by this dealership's service team, but this went above and beyond what I have experienced in the past with any dealership.
  • Options
    ssteigssssteigss Member Posts: 40
    can you post specifics once you get it done(part #'s) TSB etc.

thnx
  • Options
    Yes, I will.
  • Options
    022540022540 Member Posts: 31
    Purchased our GT FWD in Oct. 2006. Had it a little over a month and found that the front doors were making a draging sound when you would close them.
    The passenger side was much worse and really bothered my wife and I brought it to the attention of our Dealer.
    They told us that they would not try to fix it, but replace with a new door hinge. It was replaced at NC and the problem has gone.
    The driver's side has decreased in noise. It doesnot rub a much and I didnot want to make a special trip for the service.

We have been extremely pleased with the vehicle and the dealer. They have had several follow up communications to be sure that we were happy with our CX-7. They also sent us discount coupons to use for future service on the vehicle.
  • Options
    anxsanxs Member Posts: 7
    I've noticed the same noise since purchasing my vehicle about a month ago and assumed it was normal so I haven't mentioned it to the dealer yet.
  • Options
    022540022540 Member Posts: 31
    I would tell the dealer on your next visit. They changed the passenger side, no questions asked. they didnot try to adjust, just put a new hinge replacement.

I noticed our driver's side is beginning to drag more and more, but I forgot to menthion this week when I had the 6,000 mile checkup. I will do it next time.!!
  • Options
    maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Mine made noise when the vehicle was new but somewhere between 4,000 and 9,000 miles they fixed themselves.
  • Options
    kkearneykkearney Member Posts: 4
    Hi all
    Does anyone else notice a clicking sound, coming from the door handle side? Mine seems to click in response to the body shifting, when pulling up to stop sign for instance... No dragging notices, just a noise... Anyone else??
    Thanks
  • Options
    petercx7petercx7 Member Posts: 20
    Does CX7 comes with a automatic door lock function when the car reach certain speed? Or is it just mine(TOURING modelwith fwd and no keyless entry system)that does not comes with that function?
  • Options
    zoom49zoom49 Member Posts: 76
    No CX-7's sold in the USA have that feature. :(
  • Options
    vbbuiltvbbuilt Member Posts: 498
    Confirmed. :cry:
This discussion has been closed.