Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Grand Cherokee Multiple Injector Codes

ibverycnfuzdibverycnfuzd Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Jeep
OK hopefully somebody can help .. I just bought a used "AS IS" 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo ... when we went to look at it I took it for a test drive a few blocks and everything was great .. bought it and on the way home 25 minutes later while running in overdrive at around 2000rpm 55 mph it started bucking a little, hit the gas a lil more and it took off no problem, running at the same speed started bucking again and check engine light came on. I got it home and put it on my computer i was getting p0204,p0203 injector circuit open malfunction cyl 4&3. Car sat overnight and got in it the next day started and and the idle ran really high like 3000rpm for a few seconds and dropped off, also no check engine light drove it again again around 25 minutes later while running at a steady speed in overdrive it started bucking again this time p0203,2,1,4,7&8. Til this day you can go out start it and idle is fine initially after a minute or so starts to idle high low high low, drive it and shut it off and restart idle shoots to 3000rpm and still bucking while driving(getting worse) and throwing codes for injector circuit open on numerous cylinders. I find it hard to believe that like all the injectors are bad and I dont want to start throwing money to all kinds of different things if im not sure its the problem ... hopefully somebody out there has a idea. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    kmitch1kmitch1 Member Posts: 4
    My "00 Jeep GCL has the exact same problem!
    Anyone have any suggestions, short of the dealer,
    on what may be causing the problem?
  • Options
    tuggajbtuggajb Member Posts: 646
    this jeep has the computer mounted on the right side on the firewall the conectors get wet fron the condensation from the ac disconect the bat unplug the computer clean conections greese with dilect greese hook back up no problum
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!
    Got another question...I get a Throtle Position Sensor code,
    (got 156K mi. on jeep), Pep Boys has one for $29 and dealer wants $85...any difference?
    Kmitch
  • Options
    tuggajbtuggajb Member Posts: 646
    56 bucks have not had to change mine but pep boys schould be ok touchey to set up tho have to have good volt meter
  • Options
    00jeep00jeep Member Posts: 2
    i have a 2000 cherokee classic. started missing a bit so i took it in for a tune up. check engine light started coming on afterwords.code will show a misfire on say #3 cylinder. if you erase code the light will stay off for maybe a day or so. then comes back on. check code and it will show a misfire at a different cyclinder. tune up consisted of plugs,wires,and fuel flush.the mechanic can't figure it out and has told me that he thinks the computor is on the fritz. i don't buy that.any similer problems or solutions anyone can offer?
  • Options
    I had no fan on any settings, for the third time ( 81Kmi., 108Kmi and 160Kmi.). Spent $700 for non-dealer repair. Blower motor resister, heater resister wiring harness kit, (a connector and 4 lengths of pre cut wires to assemble and splice into the harness), and a fan .
    This mechanic's diagnostics found the fan drawing too much current, which was the probable cause of the connector meltdown. If the fan had been replaced the first time, (it wasn't), I would have saved $1400! Just a heads up.
    kmitch
  • Options
    jeep93jeep93 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 93 Grand Cherokee.. It runs amazing but for some reason when I drive and my car warms up and I make sharp turns the front end begins to hop. Would anyone happen to know what it is?? :sick:
  • Options
    5213252132 Member Posts: 62
    Is 4x4 turned on?
This discussion has been closed.