Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Low vibrating subs when volume is turned down!

r0th77r0th77 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
my subs make a weird pumpin noise wen the volume is turned down all the way. i don't know how to fix it ive tried everything!! help me

Comments

• Options
    repairdogrepairdog Member Posts: 948
    Get new speakers and make sure thay are installed with the correct polarity - one is ripped or teh wrong ohms.
  • Options
    howie59howie59 Member Posts: 11
    wondering why rear door speakers sound awfull when I turn fade so only they play but when its is balanced the system rocks out nice
  • Options
    Speakers are probably bad - replace.
  • Options
    the system is BOSE -should i replace with BOSE speakers or doesn't matter they are GM parts? IF I replace with aftermarket will I ruin the bose system integrity?? would they be a full range or med/high range? thanks for helping me
    [I am now able to hear the sterio since I we fixed the front hubs]LOL :)
  • Options
    Have to buy correct ohm matched so circuit city and all shops have a chart that tells correct ones. I would put all 4 in now and you will hear the diff.
  • Options
    there the same subs i bought them together in a box.. sooo i don't know whats wrong its sooo annooyying
  • Options
    Were they the correct ohms and did you correctly connect the polarity. Then again the rear wiring could be damaged or the unit is failing.
  • Options
    Sorry I think I am writing over someone elses question [hijacking?] not intentional I am new at this
    repairdog can i replace the rear door speakers in my jimmy that has a bose system? or is the main head unit faulty? what and where would I buy speakers thatt are compatable ? do I go to dealer or contact bose directly I am capable to install them thanks in advance [repairdog = jimmy guru] :shades:
  • Options
    polarty as in negative from sub to negative at amp.... i forget what it is but what should it b??
This discussion has been closed.