Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Murano Reliability

2»

Comments

• Options
    homeouner2homeouner2 Member Posts: 14
    I last posted on Jan of 2008. The gas door would not un lock so I bent the plate so that it could not be locked. I looked at the fuses and relay latch and relay. I just was not going to spend the money!!!
    About a month ago the seat retraction was not working so I reset the cumputor using the dash joy stick to get the seat to work. I went thru the entire settings and the gas door lock now works?????
    I think the settings being reviewed made it work after five years Fore what its worth owners with the gas door lock problem may have the same resultd I got.
  • Options
    glastonburyglastonbury Member Posts: 22
    I don't work for a competing car company. I stand by everything I write here as rule of law 101: it cannot be libel if it is true.

My wife's 2005 Murano is quite simply the most unreliable car I have ever owned.
    From wheel bearings going at 45k to a throttle plate rendering the car as dead as a doornail, to a starter problem, to all these a creating little problems.

Yes, all cars are likely to have problems. However, I owned a Honda del Sol and a Infiniti I-30, and those cars combined over 100k miles had far fewer problems than the Murano.

I think the Murano is chock full of cheap Chinese OEM parts.

If you are dumb enough to buy a Murano ...good luck. I have an MBA, thought the consumer reports rec etc on the murano meant something. No - Muranos are horrible.
  • Options
    kep333kep333 Member Posts: 1
    Have to agree here, purchased my wife's 06' with 32k miles on it. Ran great until about 60k miles. It all started with a CV going out which seemed premature. Then it was the infamous high pressure power steering hose, then a power control module, then the seat bracket broke, and the final straw was the complete battery harness going bad. If you get one, be sure to have tow insurance and a wrty.

I got tired of this thing; traded it in on a Lexus RX350 and got a very weak trade in. My experience was horrible as this car left me on the side of the road multiple times. Heard the 10' are better, but I will never go back.
  • Options
    703car703car Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014

I have a 2004 Nissan Murano SL. My murano has been so very good to me. Up until just recently does it need to have replacements. It is all normal wear and tear, i believe. I need new brakes, wheel bearing, tires, and who knows what else. I came to this site to see whether or not I should invest in fixing her up a bit or to move on. Clearly, you guys didn't have the same luck I had. My car has 114k miles on it and in the last 5 years have only had to replace the radiator (2 months ago, actually). I just wanted to post this since it does seem that only negative comments are left about the Murano. I have had a great experience with mine. The only thing that really bothered me was the sun visor. About 5 years ago, it started to drop even when I had it up. It is quite annoying and seems to be a common issue since I saw it happen when I was riding in a highlander.

September 5, 2014

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

People who don't have problems don't tend to post. Human nature I guess.

So - thanks for your update!