Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Need to replace window regulator on Chevy Suburban

z71dadz71dad Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet
i need help with replacing my window regulator on my 03 suburban z71 does anyone have instructions knows how please help!!!!!!!! Dealership wants 600 to fix i don't have that kind of money right now.

Comments

• Options
    plallyplally Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I just replaced my drivers side window regulator on my 2001 Z71. I got same pricing from dealership $575. Get the Chilton's manual for your year. I ordered the part from Auto Parts Warehouse - 800 859-0923 - there are numerous aftermarket warehouses that have these parts. I paid $85.00 total and had the part shipped to my house. It took approx 1 1/2 hours and was much easier than I expected - I am not a mechanic! Taking the interior of the door panel off was the hardest part. If you want to e-mail directly, I am at www.plally@reausa.com

Good Luck
  • Options
    plallyplally Member Posts: 2
    06 Suburban rear liftgate will not unlock or open. Neither the buttons on the drivers side door nor the remote faub will unlock the liftgate. The four passenger door locks all operate properly. There is no key hole in the rear liftgate, so not sure how to unlock. I have power to all the other doors, windows work etc. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    If you want to e-mail directly ...

What? And deprive our members here of useful and important information? :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Options
    rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
    plally said: There is no key hole in the rear liftgate
    I wonder who the GM genius was who deleted the key lock on the liftgate and also the keyhole on the passenger door? Imagine another vehicle parked really close on your drivers side and your remote or vehicle battery fails and your doors won't unlock. There is no other way to unlock you vehicle. Probably one of the bean counters came up with this...no sensible engineer would delete these keyholes.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Not just GM, have an older 2004 Explorer with the same thing. Only key is the drivers door.

The first time I thought about it I had the same question, now why did they get rid of those locks. Then I realized, that on my other cars I rarely if ever used those locks for years. As a matter of fact, I don't ever think I've used the key in the Explorer drivers door in 3 years.

Great decision, probably shaved 300 bucks off the cost of all the vehicles. That's two locks and lock mechanism connection rods eliminated.
  • Options
    gaj6591gaj6591 Member Posts: 1
    Don't know if you are still monitoring this issue (real liftgate not unlocking), but I have a 2006 Suburban also and am experiencing this problem. Last weekend we noticed we could not open the rear liftgate or liftgate glass. The other doors are not affected.

From my internet searches I have come across several other instances of this problem, but with no confirmed solution(s).

Have your resolved the issue, and if so, how.

I did take mine to a dealer, and who suggested replacing the liftgate lock actuator. The dealer denied having ever seen this issue come up before (of which I am skeptical).
  • Options
    myzz1myzz1 Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday I went to roll back pasenger side window and the whole thing just fell down like it came off the track?Already took panel off to find a bunch of cables in there.Where do I start? I put a pair of vise grips to keep the window in place so the window will not stay open.I would really like some advice on how to replace or repair it. Can :mad: :confuse: someone please help!!

Thanks
    MYZZ1
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Determine whether the window is off the track, the regulator became disengaged from the track, or the regulator is defective.
  • Options
    org57org57 Member Posts: 9
    I went on line to ebay, bought a drives side regulator with motor for $58, went to a local shop here in NC, paid $50 for labor and it works great. Hope this helps. Did not go to dealership.
  • Options
    joealvesjoealves Member Posts: 1
    Hello !

i'm a brand new proud Owner of à 2002 Tahoe Z71, i have done some works on the beast, now, i have to replace the 2 fronts Windowsq Regulators.

it seems it's not very easy to do this, so perhaps you can telle me how i culd find some removal instructions ?

Thanks a lolt
    Kind regards

Joe
This discussion has been closed.