Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Sprinter Passenger Bench Seats

kitemanbrucekitemanbruce Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Dodge
I want to purchase a three person bench seat to install into my 2004 2500 Sprinter Cargo van. I live in Central Florida. Any suggestions aside from spending $1400 at a dealer?

Comments

• Options
    kenbakerkenbaker Member Posts: 239
    Often on EBAY, mostly for local pickup...
    You'll need the floor brackets too, not as likely to be on ebay, but you might get lucky. :shades:

KenB
  • Options
    vancarvancar Member Posts: 5
    I recently took a trip to the Yellowstone National Park to camp. One night when I could not find a place to stay. I slept in the van with the engine on for a few hours. It was around 32 degrees F.

The next day when I started the van and notice the check engine on for about 5 seconds. When the engine started, this check engine light disappeared in less than one second.

When I did some search on this forum, I learned that my EGR valve may be sooted up. My question is does anyone know how to clean this valve. I looked at the engine. It appears the valve was located next to the engine oil down spout. I can find a torx bit to open it....

Any imput will be greatly appreciated. My van has less than 10K miles.
  • Options
    kenbob88kenbob88 Member Posts: 21
    I have a 2006 passenger model, short, with two bench seats. Does anyone know if the seats can be reversed, to face rearward? Perhaps by reversing the brackets in the floor? I notice that the floor brackets have a removable plastic cover at one end, indicating an option of some sort.
    Also, ideally, I would love to be able to recline these bench seats. On long trips with the family, the wife and kids would like to recline. I know that VW bench seats recline. So why can't someone do that with these Sprinter seats?
    If anyone can answer these issues I will be amazed and eternally grateful.
  • Options
    hjberg2000hjberg2000 Member Posts: 1
    I don't know about the rearward seat, but it seems like you should be able to do it. I used to have an '04 Sprinter, but got rid of it because I couldn't recline the seats. Maybe you have to have it custom done, which would probably cost an arm and a leg, yet you'd get the desired result. I am suprised that with the amount of people who want these vans for personal use Dodge/Mercedes hasn't made them more consumer friendly. I wish they would. Good Luck to you.
  • Options
    thelandyachtthelandyacht Member Posts: 3
    Are they interchangeable with 2005? I have a 2nd row (short) seat I don't need, new condition.
  • Options
    2000_valk2000_valk Member Posts: 67
    I had my van in for the oil and trans fluid change. 387.00. After a week I noticed fluid on the driveway at a job sight. Dealer says bring it in. Well they said it was the whatever and would be 125.00. Some sending unit or something. Then came back and says the bolt is stripped and cant get the bolt out to replace the whatever. Tech says when they did the trans O ring 118000 miles ago they stripped the bolt. Says they really left them with a land mine to step on, and me a 1649.83 bill. So he worded it as( found that bolt hole in valve body for trans connector stripped. replaced valve body and trans connector). My dealer called the other dealer where the job was done. You guessed it -- they are not responsible.. So in 10 days a total of 2036.83 not to mention the service calls I missed for two days.

With all the problems I have had, and some other things that need fixing on the van. Not mention it being repainted, and still rusting. I will miss the head room when I get rid of this van. I Just wanted to vent some place, Tom :mad:
This discussion has been closed.