Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mitsubishi Outlander vs. Subaru Forester

1262728293032»

Comments

• Options
    fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    I haven't had a car with a MT as my daily driver since '93 but I still find myself resting my hand on the gear shift. For my past couple of cars that's been insignificant but now I could, if desired, use it or the paddle shifters to force up or, more likely, down shifts.

I've done some downshifting ahead of passing maneuvers a couple of times and have used it when I wanted to engine-brake to slow down without brake lights coming on *cough* cop car ahead *cough*. But for the most part I just let the AT do it's job.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    There has never been a time where I haven't had a true manual in my driveway. :shades:

Having said that, I'm fortunate enough to have more than one car.
  • Options
    authurdentauthurdent Member Posts: 82
    edited May 2010
    I had blissfully ignored the ominous clouds, and jabbed my finger at the button, springing the sunroof tilt-ward. The gentile combination of windless transport and the secret language of birds, who knew this was the harkening of events yet to transpire.

Standing in the bagel shop line, distracted by the heady smells of fresh baked circles of dough, that's when the deluge happened. Setting aside my paper bag, I bolted for the parking lot, to save leather seats and threat of festering musts and molds.

Much relief, as the tilted portal to the sky allowed very little liquid sunshine to invade the sanctity of the crispy dry interior. De-tilted and unfettered, I returned home, safe in the celebration of the joys of tilts and birds and bagels.

(as I understand, the Forester sunroof doesn't tilt)
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Correct. It opens to different spots depending on how many times you hit the button.

Leave it open in a deluge and you'll have a mobile swimming pool. :D
This discussion has been closed.