Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda MPV Audio

macwildmacwild Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Mazda
The family and I just bought a 96 MPV. Get van and love it so far.

However the radio doesn't work. I also can't find a fuse for the radio. None of them are labeled for the radio.

I'd actually like to replace the radio with on with a CD player and an aux port for my MP3 player but I want to be sure that there isn't an electrical problem that will affect the new radio.

Is a broken radio a common problem? I think my late 80's Mazda truck also had a bad radio.

Thanks in Advance.

Matt in NM

Comments

• Options
    d5ad5a Member Posts: 63
    I have a 2006 MPV with 15,000 miles on it. Have a new issue it seems. Has anyone had an issue with the stock radio changing channels on its own? My radio on average a few times a day will hop off its station and do to frequeincies up. Example if its on 99.5 it jumps to 99.7. It's happening all the time rendering the radio not usable. Called the dealer ship and they said they would look at it, then order the part. My question is would it be the radio or the antenna. I really don't want mazda taking apart my dash broad to remove the radio. I don't trust them to put things back correctly. My luck leaving many future dash rattles. Any answers to this mystery would be great.

Thanks
  • Options
    canoepacanoepa Member Posts: 2
    I too have a problem with my 2006 MPV radio changing on its own. Did you happen to find out what the problem was?
  • Options
    d5ad5a Member Posts: 63
    No i never did find out the problem with the radio. For now it seems to have stopped, maybe it fixed itself. Have you had any luck finding out why yours is doing the same thing?
  • Options
    jayebirdjayebird Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 MPV and it has started changing stations recently as well. In my case, it goes down by two from 93.5 to 93.3 or 99.5 to 99.3. It appears to happen to just about any station and it happens when the car is moving and when it's just sitting still, idling in the parking lot. As mine is out of warranty, I was hoping someone would have some idea what to do about it.

Anyone else have this problem and what did you do about it?
  • Options
    canoepacanoepa Member Posts: 2
    No, I haven't had any luck either.
This discussion has been closed.