Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Rear Windshield wiper fluid

mcam4mcam4 Member Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Mitsubishi
I have 2007 XLS. Does any one know where to fill up the rear windhield wiper fluid.

Also is there any way to connect any external mp3 player to the 6 disc cd changer

Comments

• Options
    comem47comem47 Member Posts: 399
    I have a 2007 LS and I believe the answers are the same. There is only one windshield washer fill in the front (passenger's side) that takes care of both front and rear.

The input for MP3 is on a flip up panel in the back of the center armrest console facing the second row seats near the floor. They are RCA (phono) jacks for left and right and you need a converter cable to the standard 1/8" audio cable that MP3 devices use.

To select the input you hold down on the CD button for a few seconds (and the same to go back to CD)
  • Options
    toomanyfumestoomanyfumes Member Posts: 1,019
    Isn't the hookup for the MP3 only on cars with the sun and sound pak? Yeah the windshield fluid shares the same tank as the front.
    2012 Mustang Premium, 2013 Lincoln MKX Elite, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander.
  • Options
    I think the hookup is only for the sun and sound pak. I don't have in my XLS on the back of the arm rest.
  • Options
    comem47comem47 Member Posts: 399
    Sorry on that. Yes I have the Sun and Sound (it also has a 6CD changer, but of course it also has the Rockford Fosgate package).

Guess you'd have to get an RF modulator for your MP3 player and tune in to a dedicated FM channel. (while not as nice as direct wired it does work OK ) I have a RF modulator for my wife's car for an add-on Sirius radio and MP3. Whichever is powered up at the time is what she hears on the FM channel as both outputs are tied together with a "Y" adapter to the input of the modulator (I think it was under $20.)The Sirius radio has an RF modulator built in that you can enable/disable but it's weak and the external RF modulator, while also having more RF output power gives her MP3 ability too. Good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    slee5slee5 Member Posts: 6
    I have RX350, does anyone know how to remove and replace rear windshield wiper.

Thank you in advance
This discussion has been closed.