Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Adding Sirus Radio & Automatic Headlights Problem

zakpaksmamazakpaksmama Member Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Lincoln
I have a 04 Nav and there is a Satellite button on my factory stereo. Does anyone know how to add Sirius to it?
Also, my headlights are not coming on automatically. Any suggestions before I have to take it in and leave my baby w/ the dealer?
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    The dealer can tell you how to add Sirius if it's possible.

As for the lights - are you sure the switch is set to Automatic?
  • Options
    The switch is on automatic. I have to manually turn them on to get them to come on. Just started this week. :o(
    Just hate taking it in if it's something easy cuz they keep it forever when they fix anything.
  • Options
    mongo1mongo1 Member Posts: 49
    Well, the good news is that the 2004 Navigator is wired to accept Sirius signals once the reciever module is installed. The bad news, the dealer wants $400 to install it. I am still toying with buying the module separately (from Best Buy, Circuit City etc.) for about $150 bucks and doing it myself. BUT, no one can verify who makes my Audiophile stereo in my 04 Aviator. As far as your lights go, have them check the ambient light sensor to see if it is working properly. Otherwise, it is probably the switch. Are your fog lights on?
  • Options
    Hey Thanks! $400 is a bit steep! :surprise:
    Would love to hear if you ever figure it out.
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    mongo1mongo1 Member Posts: 49
    O.K., back again. What I did was purchase the little Stratus model and it has a detachable docking station. Very compact. I paid a good car stereo place to install a module off the internet that allows both power and direct connect between head unit and the stratus. (About 80 bucks) Long story short. Velro'ed the Stratus in front of the factory headunit, wired in for direct digital and I only have to pay for one subscription for 3 cars and Home. Of course this will require buying as many docking stations as you will need. Works like a charm. Total cost for the Lincoln, $200.00 complete. Three more docking stations and I cover all the rest. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.