Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volvo C70 Transmission Problems

gatoredgatored Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Volvo
Have a 1998 C70 Coupe. The automatic transmission is failing at 66.000 miles. My Volvo mechanic wants to replace it with a new one at a cost of $4,000! I feel I am being taken for an (expensive) ride. Does anybody have some suggestions ? Can this transmission be reworked by an independent shop ? What should I expect as a reasonable cost for this? :(

Comments

• Options
    DR_HAWKDR_HAWK Member Posts: 1
    Go to a actual transmission shop. Mine is the valve body and yes it can be reworked by an independent shop. Good luck.
  • Options
    charlesgolubcharlesgolub Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 C70, with an auto trans. I am getting severe hesitation and jerking on the highway when I accelerate (even mildly). Can someone help point me in the right direction to fix this? Thanks.
  • Options
    hogwild1961hogwild1961 Member Posts: 26
    your r supposed to service the tranny every 20k miles no wonder u guys have tranny problems...mine has 212k on it ..never been in the shop.. :) and actually there is just a drain plug..and permenant brass filter..it holds 3qrts of fluid i change mine every time i change my oil..whats a extra ten dollars for fluid :):):):)
This discussion has been closed.