Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Seats in a Hyundai Sonata

needhelp18needhelp18 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Hyundai
Here my problem. I just purchase a 07 Sonata a few months ago and absoutley love it! Maybe a month after getting the car I found out that I am expecting baby #3. My question is has anyone been able to configure three carseats in the back of a Sonata? I have a 5 year old who is in a booster, a 2 year old who is in a front facing convertable car seat and then I hope to put the new baby in a carrier car seat. Pleas someone tell me that this is possible. Hubby keeps telling me that I'm going to have to trade my beloved new car in for a minivan :(

Comments

• Options
    dave868dave868 Member Posts: 64
    Just bought an 09 sonata. I have a 4 year old and 2 year old twins. It will fit, but depending on the booster it can be tough to buckle. you have to be able to snake your hand in.

I recommend the convertable behind the passenger, carrier in the middle and booster behind the driver. the carrier next to the booster should allow you to buckle in the booster and then clip in the carrier.

it will be tight... but it should work. I have two convertables and a booster....it takes some work... but i can smake my hand in.
  • Options
    luvmysonataluvmysonata Member Posts: 2
    That is the primary reason why I got a 2008 Sonata. It has the biggest back seat in mid-size cars. I took my car seats into the dealer. I agree with post #2 as the best way to configure the seats.
This discussion has been closed.