Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

99 Forester dashboard doesn't work.

adamt1adamt1 Member Posts: 1
I was driving my 99 Forester a few days ago and the entire dashboard went out except for the gas gauge. The turn signals, and power windows are also out. The power locks, center console, and headlights still work, so I know electrical is working. I checked the manual for fuse circuits and couldn't find anything that corresponded to the entire dashboard. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    There must be a general lighting fuse, labeled as something else.

What are the labels on the fuses? There are 2 fuse boxes, one in the engine, the other under the steering column. I imagine it would be the inside one.

I no longer have my 98 to check.
  • Options
    saedavesaedave Member Posts: 694
    There must be a general lighting fuse, labeled as something else

The power windows require a fairly good size fuse and lighting has smaller current requirements. I'd look for that (windows) label first.
  • Options
    larrypurcelllarrypurcell Member Posts: 1
    i am having the same issue ND I CHECKED ALL THE FUSES UNDER THE DASH BOARD AND UNDER THE HOOD AND EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE OK BUT STILL NO SPEEDOMETER ODOMETER TEMP GAUGE THE WINDOWS DONT WORK AND NOW IT WILL NOT EVEN START JUST TURNS OVER PUT SOME STARTING FLUID IN THE AIR INTAKE SYSTEM AND IT WILL RUN BUT SHUTS OFF AFTER THE FUILD RUNS OUT