Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevy Tahoe LTZ rear dvd won't play

bmerbmer Member Posts: 8
edited May 2014 in Chevrolet
I just purchased a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with the nav/rear entertainment system. When I insert a DVD with the vehicle in park it plays on both the front and rear screens. When I shift into drive it plays on just the rear screen. However, when I turn the vehicle off and leave the dvd in the drive and turn the vehicle back on it no longer plays on the rear screen. I have to eject the disc and reinsert it to get it to play on the rear screen. Has anyone else had this problem and if so does anyone have a fix? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    gagesgages Member Posts: 2
    Did you ever figure out how to turn the rear screen on in your scenario? Cause I have the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ahead of time.
  • Options
    bmerbmer Member Posts: 8
    Yes, you can use the remote to turn the screen back on. Point the remote directly at the screen and press the power button and it should come back on. Its kind of annoying but better than ejecting and reinserting the disc...I guess.
  • Options
    gagesgages Member Posts: 2
    I believe it has something to do with parental controls, however when we followed the directions for turning off parental controls we were not able to resolve the issue.
  • Options
    4burb4burb Member Posts: 55
    I do not have nav but upon returning to my burb the kids will flip down the screen and all I have to do is hit the DVD/AUX button on the front audio unit and then hit play. The screen then comes back on and whatever they were watching starts at the same point it stopped.
This discussion has been closed.