Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Need help identifying a hose on 2005 Trailblazer

mornviewmornview Member Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in Chevrolet
My Trailblazer seems to be leaking water, and I suspect it's coming from the AC system. It looks to me like it's leaking from a certain hose (which doesn't look like it's connected quite properly), but nothing I look at seems to help me identify what this hose is (I've looked in the car manual, Hayne's manual, etc.). Can anyone identify what this tin-foil-looking hose is (it's located just below the coolant resevoir and the transmission dipstick):

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2363/hosep.jpg

From there, the water leaks down to here:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8522/waterhib.jpg

... and then creates a puddle of water on the ground. I can't seem to turn my AC off altogether (it seems you have to have it turned up at least one notch), but even with it on the lowest settings, if I make a trip of at least 15 minutes or so I can spot a leak.

Also, I assume that since there are two hoses, one is an intake and one is an exhaust ... can anyone identify which hose I have in question (the AC still seems to work properly, so I assume it's the exhaust).

As an additional note, it does seem like my Trailblazer is running a bit warmer, and my brother noted that the condenser seemed unusually cold ... so I might be wrong; this might not be an AC problem at all. The coolant level seems appropriate and the radiator hoses and cap are in good condition, though.

Any help in this matter is appreciated ... I'm guessing this isn't a problem I'll be able to solve myself, but at least a little knowledge before heading into the shop would help a ton. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    Sounds to me like it's just the condensation from the A/C. Plus there's no "water" in the A/C system to leak out. In humid warm weather a good bit of condensation will freeze near the expansion valve & evaporator, the melt off will drip on the the ground.
  • Options
    mornviewmornview Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response. I don't recall seeing any condensation earlier in the summer, that's why I've been concerned this is a newer (and more pressing) problem that I should attend to soon. However, your point makes sense as I do seem to only find this water leak on warmer days.
This discussion has been closed.