Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Kia Borrego Prices Paid & Buying Experience

lsufan1971lsufan1971 Member Posts: 3
edited May 2014 in Kia
Just purchased a new EX V6 with the premium and luxury package with 18" chrome wheels and RSE
MSRP $36495
Dealer and factory incentives -$8938
trade on 03 Xterra -&4218
OTD with tt&l $26,428

I think I worked a good deal. Dealer was great to deal with and didn't take but about an hour and a half to get everything done. Great vehicle and features for the money.

Comments

• Options
    rick2456rick2456 Member Posts: 320
    You did better than I did. I only got about 6k off MSRP (36k). Still, I am loving the vehicle (EX V6, 4x4). Especially with this wet, nasty weather we are having here in Atlanta.
  • Options
    colfaxwolfcolfaxwolf Member Posts: 11
    They are offering $7,500 rebates here in Greensboro, NC. I am thinking of going and taking a look.
  • Options
    rick2456rick2456 Member Posts: 320
    $7500? That is great, They were only offering 3k last month when I bought mine.
  • Options
    pigdocpigdoc Member Posts: 7
    Here in Des Moines, I purchased a new 2009 Borrego, EX, V6, 4WD, leather, chrome wheels, cash price $24,900+ttt. Got it the last day before incentives went off. The dealer was so-so to work with. What I did NOT like was the warranty discussion. They insinuated that I had to get all work done at the dealer (oil changes, etc) to keep warranty intact. And what they recommend for maintainance was much stricter than owners manual (and very expensive). But so far, been very happy with the car. I also purchased a used Lexus RX330 with AWD and 36k miles for same price. Lexus is better quality materials, but Borrego is much more affordable.
  • Options
    tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    The dealer told you a bunch of lies. Please don't be foolish enough to fall for it. Google up the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. If I recall, if the dealership is going to require you to use their services only and at a more frequent rate, they have to provide those services free of charge. Otherwise, you can take your vehicle to whatever established garage you want for warranty work. It doesn't even have to be a dealership. It can be any garage that advertises that they do warranty work.

Your dealership is just trying to make back the money they gave away with the sale of the vehicle to you. Typical shady dealership. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.