Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Frontier Engine Bucking

bob288bob288 Member Posts: 4
engine bucks like no gas gauges are also affectednot all the time though

Comments

• Options
    my engine bucks like no gas,i put in neutral give it gas then it comes out of it.my gauges dont work either.no engine light comes on. Help garage cant fig out what it is. thanks bob 288
  • Options
  • Options
    asaasa Member Posts: 359
    Could be a clogged fuel filter, a dirty idle speed controller, a bad spark plug wire, a bad distributor, bad gas or any number of things. Is the Check Engine Light lit? If so there is a code(s) stored which would lead you toward a fix. Good luck.
  • Options
    check engine lite not lit. gauges are also affected
  • Options
    bobincintibobincinti Member Posts: 6
    I had the same issue on a 2001 Nissan Frontier. Engine would buck and repair shop could not find the problem. It ended up being the Max Air Flow Sensor that went bad and the engine is starving for air. Thus it is bucking. Kind of freaky when you are driving 70 on the interstate and it happens. Spent the night in LaGrange KY out in the middle of nowhere.

Repair shop had to drive the Frontier about 30 miles before it started bucking again and they found the problem.
  • Options
    jlamyjlamy Member Posts: 1
    I have a 02 nissan frontier 4cyl.I am trying to ohm check my injectors to see if they are in spec , but what is in spec according to nissan.I have set my ohm meter to 200 and have gotten a reading of 08.8.Truck is running bad and i am getting a check engine light with a misfire on cyl 2 and 3.Changed the distributor and helped some but i am wondering if the injectors are bad..I found rebuilt injectors for sale but they will not tell me what was rebuilt on them.Any help would be great,thank you.
  • Options
    timbo2288timbo2288 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2004 frontier that bucks and stalls out any ideas?