Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Pontiac Torrent Lurching

2»

Comments

• Options
    ohiotorrentohiotorrent Member Posts: 2
    Hi Christina,

VN is 2CKDL33F986056413. Dealer is Toth Buick. They seem like a good dealership. Sorry, I had the mileage wrong in the original note.
    Yes, I am sure I talked with the service person on 11/08/2010 (20,282 miles) about towing the boat and glad that we were not on our way to Lake Erie when the plug/wire went bad. Second plug/wire replacement was on 12/01/2011 (27, 977 miles). I don't think we discussed towing - just that there was no permanent fix. It made two trips to Wisconsin (550 miles each way) before the first plug/wire was replaced with no problems. Current mileage is 30,596 miles. Is it always a plug on the front side of the engine that goes bad? Those could be replaced on the road. Though, I could not tell by looking which plug was misfiring. The rear plugs are about impossible to even touch.

Thanks,

Dave
  • Options
    carmalcarmal Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I too, as so many other's am having problems with my 2006 Torrent, that seem to be adding up $$.
    The passenger's window quit working, air and heat only come out of the defrost at the winshield and the most recent is; you are driving down the road and the car dies, loss of total power( scary) So far, after sitting for awhile ( if you can make it off the road) , 3 or 4 turns of the key and it will restart. The ignition has a little hesitation too.
    Took it to the garage to have it put on the computer and it didn't show up anything! Mechanic said; it MIGHT be the computer, $700.00 to replace it BUT; they CAN NOT garintee that it will fix the problem!
    Any ideas for a perminent fix of the power loss problem? Can not afford to have an accident or to be guessing what will fix it!
    Any help would be greatly appriciated!
    Thank You, Carmal
  • Options
    gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good afternoon carmal,

Is the garage you're working with one of our GM dealerships? If so, we're happy to follow up on this with them for you. Please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, the last 8 of your VIN, and the name of your dealership).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Options
    carmalcarmal Member Posts: 2
    Thank You, for your response
    I have sent an email, to the email you provided with all my information.
    Thank You, Carmal
  • Options
    peppe23peppe23 Member Posts: 1
    Torrent has 32k miles on it, engine light came on this morning, started chugging - called On Star for diagnostics and they said it was misfiring on "1".
    Is this a spark plug issue or a recall issue? Please help going away this weekend- bad time for this.
  • Options
    Were you able to get this resolved before heading out for the weekend? I hope all is well! If we can look into anything, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 of your VIN).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Options
    csimonscsimons Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    My 2007 Pontiac Torrent has been hesitating upon acceleration. I spoke to the dealer yesterday about the sympthoms and they suspected the spark plugs and plug wires, as this has been a recall item with the Equinox. Upon checking my Torrent, it was indeed the same exact problem, but is not covered by the recall. I don't understand why not! If they know this is a problem effecting multiple cars, why are only a select few covered? I purchased an extended warranty, which of course ended at 5 yrs (only a few months ago), is there any other recourse for this problem? This is not a small expense but must be repaired for my Torrent to again be reliable transportation. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    Good morning csimons,
    When a recall situation has been observed by GM, we refer to our manufacturing records to determine which vehicles, identified by Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs), are involved. GM determines the start and end points of the issue within in the build process and then equate that to the range of vehicles (VINs) that carry the part or feature in question.

If you would like for us to look into the situation further with you, we're happy to do so. Please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details, including your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your dealership.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Options
    starchinsonstarchinson Member Posts: 1
    Are u reading all of the complaints. Obviously the Dealership Isnt the Answer considering THEY dont FIX the problem or WONT cover it under the said warranty :sick:
  • Options
    justlooking22justlooking22 Member Posts: 1
    I have been looking at a 2008 Torrent with 79,500 miles. I am seeking information from owners on this vehicle as to its reliability, etc. In other words, should I seriously consider this vehicle. Also, has it been discontinued and if so how long will parts/service be available for this vehicle. Comments will be most appreciated.
  • Options
    doghouse6doghouse6 Member Posts: 1

I have a 2008 Pontiac Torrent 3.4 26,000 miles I have had nothing but problems hesitation jerking lurching whatever you wanna call it has nothing to do with the wiring or the plugs goes much deeper than that everything replace fix repaired and it still doing the same thing GM says my car is not covered engine  the engine was made in China verified is not covered the spark wires that's it.I took my car red Holman Westland Michigan put it on their machine came up with a couple codes I ask the mechanic what they meant he said he doesn't know I asked how much it would cost he said he can't tell me that I told him I don't have a lot of money I have a family and I need a reliable car his response was we're here to make money I spent 100 dollars to find out nothing. so now I'm stuck with a car that can break down at any moment I feel sorry for the person that gets this car because I'm selling it just lost another GM CUSTOMER... going to buy a honda ,and for all of you GM owners If you have OnStar you can unplug it and it will stop reading your miles so as long as you don't have your OnStar plugged in you can drive as long as you want put as many miles on it as you want and it will not read good luck to all of you used car buyers...I think GM should just shut the door they can't make a reliable car...