Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

G25 Real World Mileage

smokey100smokey100 Member Posts: 26
edited October 2014 in INFINITI
With a smaller engine putting out 30% less horsepower than the G37, the G25 has an EPA rating of just one to two miles per gallon more. But EPA ratings often very from what people are getting in the real-world. Share your real-world mileage here.

Comments

• Options
    dayne20071dayne20071 Member Posts: 20
    Yes I own a G25, I have had it for 5 months now, I am please with my purchase, however, the only downside is the car in not fuel efficient as advertised, in combine hwy and city driving, the best I have done is to get 21 to 22 MPG.
  • Options
    smokey100smokey100 Member Posts: 26
    That doesn't seem any better than the mileage on the G37.
  • Options
    dayne20071dayne20071 Member Posts: 20
    Yes I know, I guess without the VVEL system in the G25 the gas mileage is pretty much the same. I am of the opinion now that there is not much of a difference between the 2 engines when it comes to MPG.
  • Options
    psteng19psteng19 Member Posts: 3
    We are averaging 26-27 mpg in 30% local, 70% hwy in the AWD model.
  • Options
    smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Hi, I wanted to hear current G25 owners opinions on gas grade using. The reason why I asked is, I test drove one the other day and overall I liked the car, especially with the increase fuel economy over the G37, but it still has a 20 gallon tank which to me is a little bit too big for a car this size. The salesman said, the car runs fine on regular but he recommends a premium fill up every other month just to clean out everything.

I wanted to get your thoughts on this and let me know if regular is good to use. I was comparing this against a 328xi and that still requires premium so an advantage the G25 might have over the 328 is the regular option and increased fuel economy which is appealing considering what gas prices still remain at.

Also, if you can comment on what brand of gas you use and what mpg your getting, that would be appreciated too!
This discussion has been closed.