Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

bmw 330i fuel sensor

daniegirldaniegirl Member Posts: 2
Hi, I have a 2003 bmw 330i. When I fill up my tank it still tells me I am low on gas. I have already replaced my fuel pump and still did NOT fix the problem...can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Why would you replace the fuel pump in a situation like this?
  • Options
    daniegirldaniegirl Member Posts: 2
    It's what my technician recommended replacing....stopped going to him after that. It coast me around $900.
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    Wow. What will probably fix the issue is a couple of bottles of Techron fuel additive; just follow the directions on the bottle. I'd take that shyster mechanic to Small Claims Court; he's either a crook or unbelievably ignorant- or quite possibly both...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    laurieleialohalaurieleialoha Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had an AC evaporator go out at 90K miles on a 3 series? I was recently diagnosed with this issue just after my extended warranty expired. I had brought it to the BMW dealership for service on my AC a number of times prior but this was not caught until recently. The cost: almost $4K. The car is barely worth double that. I am at my wits end about this. Thanks for any replies.
  • Options
    srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    AC is one of those things I can by without, at least for that kind of money.

FWIW, when I bought my '87 325, used back in 1999 with 125K miles on it, the AC worked for about a month. When I was told the repair was going to be upwards of $1500, I gently declined.
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    When you say that the A/C was serviced, do you mean that the dealer had to add refrigerant to the system? If so, the dealer knew or should have known that there was a leak in the system(a simple dye test can pinpoint the source of the leak). I would argue that the evaporator failed prior to the expiration of the warranty and thus should be covered.

As for the $4000 estimate, all I can say is wow... A new BMW evaporator and expansion valve should cost no more than $750 and the job takes @10.5 hours. Even assuming a $200/hr labor rate you are being gouged to the tune of over $1000. Go to BIMRS.org and find a good independent BMW shop in your area- at the very least you can obtain a second opinion and estimate.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive